Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: We would choose the vilains and heroic warriors on the CG box Art!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Heroes:

He-Man
    She-Ra (The Twins of Power)
    Man-At-Arms (the REAL one...not Snake MAA or Clamp Champ...)
    Sorceress (Teela-Na protects the Castle...it's her sworn duty and purpose in life...she better be there!)
    Teela

Villains:

Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Beastman
    Trap-Jaw
    Mer-Man (I think he'd look a lot cooler than Tri-Klops on the box...and I like him better ).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    If they ever release a crystal castle, would PoP fans want to see Trap Jaw, Ninjor and Mekaneck on the box, instead of Glimmer, Catra and Entrapta?
    I think that's a silly comparison. She-Ra was born on Eternia, has returned to Eternia in the past...fights for the Honour of GRAYSKULL, transforms infront of Castle Grayskull and in the MOTUC story, she's returned to Eternia for good (it seems).

Trap-Jaw, Ninjor and Mekaneck have nothing to do with the Crystal Castle. She-Ra gets her power from Castle Grayskull. There's a HUGE difference. IF we ever get a Crystal Castle (which we won't...I mean...we're probably not getting all the PoP figures according to Toyguru's comments), but let's say we do...I would like He-Man on the packaging alongside She-Ra. He's visited Etheria many times, they share in many adventures (they are the TWINS of Power, after all)...and how badass would that look, seeing She-Ra and He-Man alongside the other PoP members fighting off Hordak and the Evil Horde?

Plus, this is the "He-Man and She-Ra" toy line and is all about being inclusive.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He-Man has to be there, as does Sorceress, preferably in the castle looking out.
    I would like to see a couple of later heroes and villains in there but no one too wacky.
    So perhaps:

He-Man
    Sorceress
    Man-At-Arms
    Fisto
    Moss Man or Sy-Klone

Skeletor
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man
    Two Bad
    Clawful or Spikor
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You know what would be hilarious?

All the people who want She-Ra on the box cancel their pre-orders. LOL

I can't believe there are people here who can't even, just this once, think about how important it would be after 5 years (at the point the castle is released), how much it would mean to She-Ra fans, to see her on the box along with He-Man.

And what blows my mind is that she DESERVES to be there. She should be there.

Not Clamp Champ. Or Zodac. Or Ram Man. They are all awesome characters, but She-Ra trumps them all.

You don't have to love her, but I'm just trying, in a laid back but sincere way, to express how awesome it would be for me and other She-Ra fans, who are a big reason the sub went through and will be a big reason why the castle goes through, to have She-Ra on this box in the midst of the battle.

By the Power... for the honor... Of Grayskull.
    I cannot see the problem when fans don`t like POP or She-Ra? Why I have to keep in mind that POP fans want to see She-Ra on the box? Because you think, She-Ra has the right? Please... I collect for myself, not for others. When people say, they don`t want some characters, it`s their right to say so.

I don`t need She-ra, Teela or the Sorceress in my MOTU, I don`t even have them in my collection. I didn`t have them, when I was a child. Where is the problem, if fans are not all-encompassioning? A little bit more tolerance for fans with other opinions would be nice. Nobody is blaming you for liking other eras. But other adult collectors have different opinions.

Im 33 and I don`t need to be convinced, what`s MOTU and what`s not. I decide. Not Mattel or other customers...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think that's a silly comparison. She-Ra was born on Eternia, has returned to Eternia in the past...fights for the Honour of GRAYSKULL, transforms infront of Castle Grayskull and in the MOTUC story, she's returned to Eternia for good (it seems).

Trap-Jaw, Ninjor and Mekaneck have nothing to do with the Crystal Castle. She-Ra gets her power from Castle Grayskull. There's a HUGE difference. IF we ever get a Crystal Castle (which we won't...I mean...we're probably not getting all the PoP figures according to Toyguru's comments), but let's say we do...I would like He-Man on the packaging alongside She-Ra. He's visited Etheria many times, they share in many adventures (they are the TWINS of Power, after all)...and how badass would that look, seeing She-Ra and He-Man alongside the other PoP members fighting off Hordak and the Evil Horde?

Plus, this is the "He-Man and She-Ra" toy line and is all about being inclusive.
    I wasn't clear, but I wasn't talking about She-Ra with that statement. People are throwing out names of characters that have nothing to do with grayskull, for the sake of inclusiveness. It's not a silly comparison at all.

I wasn't clear, but I wasn't talking about She-Ra with that statement. People are throwing out names of characters that have nothing to do with grayskull, for the sake of inclusiveness. It's not a silly comparison at all.
    Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about She-Ra. Sorry.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Yeah I didn't write that very well all, lol. Going to edit as I went from talking about She-Ra, right into that last line. Again, I wouldn't mind She-Ra on the box, and even if I don't vote for her, it makes sense. As does the Sorceress. But I think many people just want to see the tone and characters from when the Castle originated, hence the lists people are making.
    Unfortunately, Zodac isn't getting much love. lol

If the current polls are of any indication of who's going to be on the box art than most of the characters have been decided.

As for other characters, people are making their lists for a reason. I mean if they ever release a crystal castle, would PoP fans want to see Trap Jaw, Ninjor and Mekaneck on the box, instead of Glimmer, Catra and Entrapta?
    No, but hardly anyone is asking for Glimmer or Entrapta to be on the box. Asking for She-Ra to be on the box isn't the same as asking for Glimmer, Catra, or Entrapta... and it's not the same as wanting Trap Jaw, Ninjor, or Mekancek on a box for the Crystal Castle.

You can bet your bum I'd want He-Man to be on the box for Crystal Castle. I'd want She-Ra, He-Man, Bow, Glimmer, and Kowl...

To me, He-Man and She-Ra are the lead characters, and that is how it has been set up in the bios and the new mini-comics.

And you all know that there is no way in heck that we will get a Crystal Castle playset. Please stop suggesting that as a possibility... because we can barely get a Grayskull at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79
    I cannot see the problem when fans don`t like POP or She-Ra? Why I have to keep in mind that POP fans want to see She-Ra on the box? Because you think, She-Ra has the right? Please... I collect for myself, not for others. When people say, they don`t want some characters, it`s their right to say so.

I don`t need She-ra, Teela or the Sorceress in my MOTU, I don`t even have them in my collection. I didn`t have them, when I was a child. Where is the problem, if fans are not all-encompassioning? A little bit more tolerance for fans with other opinions would be nice. Nobody is blaming you for liking other eras. But other adult collectors have different opinions.

Im 33 and I don`t need to be convinced, what`s MOTU and what`s not. I decide. Not Mattel or other customers...
    I don't care what you are convinced of , nor do I care what you like or don't like. That is up to you.

I'm asking my fellow MOTU fans to throw the She-Ra fans a bone. If you don't know what that phrase means, let me know... maybe you are missing my point because of the language difference. Your response makes it sound like you don't quite understand for what I am asking.

I don't want anyone who doesn't like She-Ra to like her... I have tried many times to argue her merits in the story. People have either been convinced, or refuse to care. At this point it is totally irrelevant.

Some guys babes in their fantasy-fiction, some don't.

It's really sad when the fandom here can't come together as a group and just let one portion of that fandom have ONE of its wishes.

IT'S A DRAWING ON A BOX, man. COME ON. No one is asking you to play with dollies. No one will question your man-hood if She-Ra is on the box of Castle Grayskull with He-Man.

If leaving She-Ra off the box will really make you happy, and the displeasure of many of your friends here at the Org will also make you happy, then by all means, campaign loudly for no females in the art for Castle Grayskull.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 9, 2012 at 08:10pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    He-Man has to be there, as does Sorceress, preferably in the castle looking out.
    Someone suggested having Zoar flying around to represent Sorceress. That is an awesome idea. Shows that she's around... makes it look like the good guys are outnumbered... And pretty much leaves the castle as 'neutral' ground.

Heroic Warriors:
    He-Man...Dah
    MAA...I'm thinking no stash.
    Sorceress/Zoar...In some form or another. She is the Guardian of all the Universes Power.
    Teela
    Ram Man...needs to be huge.

Villains:
    Skeletor...double dah.
    Beast Man
    Evil Lyn
    Mer Man
    Trap Jaw

Heroic Warrior
    I know this is very wishful thinking but here I go:
    He-man
    She-Ra
    MAA
    Stratos
    Ram Man

Skeletor
    Evil Lynn
    Merman
    Beast man
    Trapjaw

Then on the opposite side a pdrawing of Castle Grayskull battle from Preternia times!

Heroes:
    King Grayskull
    Green Goddess
    He-Ro
    Tytus
    Mossman

Villains:
    Hordak
    Megator
    Grizzlor
    King Hsss
    Rattlor
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Gotta have the OG 8 backers. Then surprise us with a couple random characters if there's enough room for more characters.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Gotta have the OG 8 backers. Then surprise us with a couple random characters if there's enough room for more characters.
    I couldn't agree more Count Marzo. I would love to see Faker on there, but I couldn't agree more.....

I hope Mattel really does this right and allows the customers that were willing to vote with their wallets to vote on the characters that are allowed on the box. If so my vote will be for He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Teela, and SHE-RA. It needs to be an official poll sent out to the customers that PRE_ORDERED the Castle by the 12th.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    No, but hardly anyone is asking for Glimmer or Entrapta to be on the box. Asking for She-Ra to be on the box isn't the same as asking for Glimmer, Catra, or Entrapta... and it's not the same as wanting Trap Jaw, Ninjor, or Mekancek on a box for the Crystal Castle.

You can bet your bum I'd want He-Man to be on the box for Crystal Castle. I'd want She-Ra, He-Man, Bow, Glimmer, and Kowl...

To me, He-Man and She-Ra are the lead characters, and that is how it has been set up in the bios and the new mini-comics.

And you all know that there is no way in heck that we will get a Crystal Castle playset. Please stop suggesting that as a possibility... because we can barely get a Grayskull at this point.

I don't care what you are convinced of , nor do I care what you like or don't like. That is up to you.

I'm asking my fellow MOTU fans to throw the She-Ra fans a bone. If you don't know what that phrase means, let me know... maybe you are missing my point because of the language difference. Your response makes it sound like you don't quite understand for what I am asking.

I don't want anyone who doesn't like She-Ra to like her... I have tried many times to argue her merits in the story. People have either been convinced, or refuse to care. At this point it is totally irrelevant.

Some guys babes in their fantasy-fiction, some don't.

It's really sad when the fandom here can't come together as a group and just let one portion of that fandom have ONE of its wishes.

IT'S A DRAWING ON A BOX, man. COME ON. No one is asking you to play with dollies. No one will question your man-hood if She-Ra is on the box of Castle Grayskull with He-Man.

If leaving She-Ra off the box will really make you happy, and the displeasure of many of your friends here at the Org will also make you happy, then by all means, campaign loudly for no females in the art for Castle Grayskull.
    Language differences, hmmm... Excuse me, that I don`t share your pain, that She-Ra is not welcomed by every fan and that not everyone wants her being shown on a boxart for the most well known MOTU playset. Asking other fans to throw a bone for She-Ra fans is pointless, if she is so popular, as She-Ra fans always say. So I don`t think, it shouldn`t be so difficult for She Ravers getting her on the boxart, ugh?

I won`t campaign anything, because it`s my personal thing, who I accept as MOTU and what not. I don`t need to ask anyone for throwing a bone for my personal preferences. Was that grammatically correct? I don`t know, because of the, you know, language differences...
    Last edited by Berserker79; November 10, 2012 at 12:23am.

Something like the 1987 Power Tour Poster and Button (same image for both) would be amazing! I would want Grayskull closer, and more characters...but you get the idea.

I'm kinda surprised how important the inclusion or exclusion of some characters seem to be for some. As I said, I don't need to have She-Ra on the box to make it look "complete, but I'm not opposed to her.
    If she's there though, I'd also want the Starship flying around. NA fans ain't as loud as some She-Ravers. But considering that by next summer, there's just 5 NA figure released yet, most of them (unless most PoP figures!) been done from tons of shared parts, it's just fair to give NA fans their share, too.
    But no matter how the boxart ends up looking, the really important part for me is the castle itself. As long as the playset rocks, Mattel could deliver me a box that portrays Gwildor getting married to a cow.

... Wait, that would be hilarious, actually!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    If she's there though, I'd also want the Starship flying around. NA fans ain't as loud as some She-Ravers. But considering that by next summer, there's just 5 NA figure released yet, most of them (unless most PoP figures!) been done from tons of shared parts, it's just fair to give NA fans their share, too.
    !
    I don't know... Starship eternia showed up to suck the power out of grayskull and make it explode...

That's kinda poor taste for the box art advertising the product

Pretty much agree with everything phantom1592 has been saying.
    I also wouldn't mind She-Ra on the box, but outside of the 12-back era, she would be the only one mildly acceptable to me, personally. But, I still wouldn't choose her. If the fans do, and she makes it on, that's great! But if not, I don't think they need to be berated for it.
    As for other characters, people are making their lists for a reason. I mean if they ever release a crystal castle, would PoP fans want to see Trap Jaw, Ninjor and Mekaneck on the box, instead of Glimmer, Catra and Entrapta?
    I feel like my choice of having The Star Sisters represented on the box art (along with He-Man and She-Ra) makes sense as a nod to the original story that Jon Seisa concocted. Originally they were going to crash-land on Eternia and the resulting impact would have created the subterranean Crystal Catacombs. There the sisters would remain until the day they were freed. It would be neat, imo, for He-Man and She-Ra to be the ones to liberate them.

This is the perfect opportunity to immortalize them in a meaningful way.

I would like to see some sort of homeage to the origanal with all the good guys bad guys in allmost the same position only Tri klops instead of Beastman defending the good guys whats he doing there sure would make for many disscusions.

or a parralell dimension where all bad guys are where the good guys where He man in the castle and Man E Faces defending the bad guys monster face pointing his lasser.whats he doing there homage we need to see a homage that would be awesome in my eyes.

Gentlemen, it seems like we're taking this to a personal level here.

Please remember that people like who they like, and can vote for whomever they choose. That doesn't make them right or wrong. He-Man and She-Ra celebrate diversity, and so should we.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Language differences, hmmm... Excuse me, that I don`t share your pain, that She-Ra is not welcomed by every fan and that not everyone wants her being shown on a boxart for the most well known MOTU playset. Asking other fans to throw a bone for She-Ra fans is pointless, if she is so popular, as She-Ra fans always say. So I don`t think, it shouldn`t be so difficult for She Ravers getting her on the boxart, ugh?

I won`t campaign anything, because it`s my personal thing, who I accept as MOTU and what not. I don`t need to ask anyone for throwing a bone for my personal preferences. Was that grammatically correct? I don`t know, because of the, you know, language differences...
    My preference for the inclusion of She-Ra in the Box Art for CG is no more or less valid than your preference that she be deleted from the entire mythos.

EXCEPT, that I have pre-ordered, and you have not:

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79
    100% true... 250$ just because Mattel promised something? After all those flawed action figures in this year and the past years, I've completly lost my faith in the quality of this company....

After 4 years with those product experiences, I'll never buy something blindly at that price point from this company...
    I won't argue with the reasons you have for not trusting Mattel. I am with you on that!! I just don't know that it's fair for Scott to take into consideration the opinion on box art from customers who won't be buying the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I feel like my choice of having The Star Sisters represented on the box art (along with He-Man and She-Ra) makes sense as a nod to the original story that Jon Seisa concocted. Originally they were going to crash-land on Eternia and the resulting impact would have created the subterranean Crystal Catacombs. There the sisters would remain until the day they were freed. It would be neat, imo, for He-Man and She-Ra to be the ones to liberate them.

This is the perfect opportunity to immortalize them in a meaningful way.
    I understand your love for the Star Sisters, but I fail to understand how they have anything to do with Castle Grayskull. Your idea would have been great if the Star Sisters packaging had had a Box-Art-Style illustration. Unfortunately it did not

She-Ra's power source is Castle Grayskull. She's the other lead hero of the mythos. Those are my main reasons for her inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Gentlemen, it seems like we're taking this to a personal level here.

Please remember that people like who they like, and can vote for whomever they choose. That doesn't make them right or wrong. He-Man and She-Ra celebrate diversity, and so should we.
    I agree. I just want to reassert that I never once said that anyone was right or wrong for liking or disliking anything.

I have only asked, as a favor, those who don't mind, to support having She-Ra featured in the box-art, because it would be awesome for some of the fans. There are 9 other slots after all
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I understand your love for the Star Sisters, but I fail to understand how they have anything to do with Castle Grayskull. Your idea would have been great if the Star Sisters packaging had had a Box-Art-Style illustration. Unfortunately it did not

She-Ra's power source is Castle Grayskull. She's the other lead hero of the mythos. Those are my main reasons for her inclusion.
    Oh, stop. It makes all the sense in the world.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I love She-Ra nneeeeearrrrrly as much as He-Man but I dunno if she belongs on Castle Grayskull box art. Castle Grayskull came out several years before She-Ra even existed. Also she probably hasn't even been back on Eternia during this time yet either. She's still M.I.A. on Etheria with Hordak. Castle Grayskull box art happened way before Secret of the Sword. But this is just my personal feeling here.

Once again I gotta say go with the original 8 backers from the year the Castle was produced. Keepin it Classics!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Being it's MOTUC Grayskull, and my guess a nod to the vintage playset, I'd say to put the MOTU characters on there from around that time.
    So for me, Wave 1 MOTU or a mix of Wave 1 & 2 MOTU.

...with the one exception of perhaps Sorceress on top or in the window.