Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PaTrIcKfOgArTy & jeffrey MOTUC Bio/Figure Talk!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

PaTrIcKfOgArTy & jeffrey MOTUC Bio/Figure Talk!

Hey gang - totally inspired by the fandom, roast gooble dinner, MastersCast and PixelDan's videos, my son and I have decided to start our first ever video series. We'll be talking the MOTUC bios and figures in each 10 min. episode. No scripting, no edits, just a stream of concisousness and in our first episode, a bunch of "um's" SORRY!

Hope you like and hey, post your video response. How did you get introduced to MOTU and what do you love / hate about the bios?

MOTUC Bio/Figure Talk!: Our Hello

Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; September 18, 2011 at 10:59am.

Two Thumbs Up!

Nice, this should inspire others to debate more if nothing else. I easily see this becoming a bigger trend for praise and argumentation (rant and raves).

Thanks Alaxxandar! Yeah, this was fun and just for fun, but yeah, debate debate debate - that is something this 14 year old certainly knows how to do well

Nice work, Jeffrey and Patrick! Looking forward to your figure talks!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I really dig stuff like this....keep 'em coming guys!

....Sooooo....wheres the REVIEW already...?!? I'm WAITING!!

Last edited by Starshine; July 17, 2011 at 08:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Nice work, Jeffrey and Patrick! Looking forward to your figure talks!
    Thanks so much! King Grayskull video uploading now

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I really dig stuff like this....keep 'em coming guys! ....Sooooo....wheres the REVIEW already...?!? I'm WAITING!!
    LOL uploading now! King Grayskull processing now

Really cool guys!!! I also grew up with the 200x line and I remember figure hunting with my mom! Anyways i got introduced by a friend of mine and after I seen his He-Man and Skeletor I "Insisted" i had to get ALL of the figures!!! Haha keep it up guys!

This was so cool! Nice to meet you two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Really cool guys!!! I also grew up with the 200x line and I remember figure hunting with my mom! Anyways i got introduced by a friend of mine and after I seen his He-Man and Skeletor I "Insisted" i had to get ALL of the figures!!! Haha keep it up guys!
    Yeah, we had what we called our "Man Nights" - where we'd go hunting for the figures late. Jeffrey loved it at 4 years old going out "late", 9:30PM, to check the shelves. So much fun - and good times had. Glad you liked the video - don't forget to subscribe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This was so cool! Nice to meet you two.
    Thanks Tallstar - Jeffrey can't wait to start posting, he just noticed your post count. Needless to say, he's a bit in awe

MOTUC Bio/Figure Talk!: King Grayskull

Last edited by PaTrIcKfOgArTy; September 18, 2011 at 11:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Thanks Tallstar - Jeffrey can't wait to start posting, he just noticed your post count. Needless to say, he's a bit in awe
    Over half of those are probably a combination of gifs and one-liners.

MEAN GREEN MACHINE eternianturtle21's Avatar
    just wanted to say hi to everybody(this is my first post,but i have been on the site from the start).........on another note this looks pretty neat,looking forward to more videos

Ooh, I'll check out the King Grayskull video later. I commented on your intro video, so happy to see you and your son enjoying this wonderful hobby together.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

MEAN GREEN MACHINE eternianturtle21's Avatar
    just wanted to say hi to everybody(this is my first post,but i have been on the site from the start).........on another note this looks pretty neat,looking forward to more videos

Excellent job! Enjoyed the off-the-cuff and "personal case study" perspective too. Always nice to see two generations of MOTU fans united as well.

I actually enjoyed that. Nice job guys. I like hearing a younger perspective on the story and figures.

I definitely can't wait for more videos.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Cool video, it is always great to see MOTU pass from generation to generation.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Wow, Patrick! That's so cool! Great way to show the passing of MOTU from one generation to the next, sharing something you love with your son, and engaging in critical reasoning skills.

Jeffery, welcome (back) to the boards!

Great videos. I look forward to future installments.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Just watched the King Greyskull video. Nice job guys and I definately agree with your son Powers of GreySkull was the best 200x episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Over half of those are probably a combination of gifs and one-liners.
    And we both love them

Quote Originally Posted by eternianturtle21 View Post
    Well hello and thanks for having your first post be here! Glad you liked the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    Ooh, I'll check out the King Grayskull video later. I commented on your intro video, so happy to see you and your son enjoying this wonderful hobby together.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty great. Sallah and his son Blaze did some videos a while back that I loved. I am thrilled he's found the fandom again. Thank you MOTUC bios!

Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Excellent job! Enjoyed the off-the-cuff and "personal case study" perspective too. Always nice to see two generations of MOTU fans united as well.
    It's a bit of a challenge to just leave it alone, no edits, etc. but thought it might make for something a bit different. I'm glad you liked them - stay tuned more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I actually enjoyed that. Nice job guys. I like hearing a younger perspective on the story and figures. I definitely can't wait for more videos.
    Much appreciated! He-Man and Beastman are next - posting them on Saturday at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Cool video, it is always great to see MOTU pass from generation to generation.
    It's been a lot of fun listening to Roast Gooble Dinner with him - he laughs a lot and it makes for good long car ride listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Wow, Patrick! That's so cool! Great way to show the passing of MOTU from one generation to the next, sharing something you love with your son, and engaging in critical reasoning skills. Jeffery, welcome (back) to the boards! Great videos. I look forward to future installments.
    Thanks Jon-O. Still waiting on his verification but he is excited to start commenting. More videos coming Saturday at the latest!

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Just watched the King Greyskull video. Nice job guys and I definately agree with your son Powers of GreySkull was the best 200x episode!
    Again, thanks so much to everyone for the positive feedback and encouragement! Glad you enjoyed the two videos. If anyone is inclined you should definitely post back video replies! Let's get to know each other better!

Heroic Warrior
    This is the kind of feel good story you hear in cliche' movies or shows so to see it in real life is AMAZING.e I noticed something as well Patrick- your son mentions he loves the story and this is an area that makes me wonder why Mattel doesn't use the story much in the same way of a Harry Potter like infiltration to appeal to kids today.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    This is the kind of feel good story you hear in cliche' movies or shows so to see it in real life is AMAZING.e I noticed something as well Patrick- your son mentions he loves the story and this is an area that makes me wonder why Mattel doesn't use the story much in the same way of a Harry Potter like infiltration to appeal to kids today.
    I agree, Jeffrey and I were looking at the timeline and narrative thread here and it's a complicated story full of holes as is right now, but he really likes it. He is a big Harry Potter fan so it does seem that perhaps an epic story, fleshed out in several books could be a way to grab an audience if written well. I think that would be very exciting.

I really liked the Grayskull video guys!
    It's very relaxed and laid-back. Makes it really nice to listen to!

Must be great to share such a hobby!

Bring on the next one

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome idea! It's cool to hear the words of a father and son combo who both grew up with their respective MOTU runs!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    good job, guys.

it's great to see you sharing this hobby and having fun together while expressing your opinions.

it's especially interesting, for us old guys, to listen to jeffrey's "fresh" point of view.

Heroic Warrior
    Ha! I was just thinking the other day how He Man's "30th" anniversary is at the same time I turn 30....*bones creak*.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    good job, guys.

it's great to see you sharing this hobby and having fun together while expressing your opinions.

it's especially interesting, for us old guys, to listen to jeffrey's "fresh" point of view.