Thread: I love Adora/She-ra

Heroic Warrior

I love Adora/She-ra

She-ra is a tragic hero because of all that was taken from her and all that she gave up. The tragic-ness of her path is what touches me so deeply and what makes me love her so.

Adora is both pretty and humble.

She could have lived the life of a princess, but chose the life of a commoner.

She picked a hard life over an easy one.

Her life has captured my heart, and at the same time it breaks my heart.

In a way Adora/She-ra is more of a tragic hero than David "Bruce" Banner because she is a girl, the daughter of a king and queen, and a beautiful woman.
    Last edited by dura_grip; November 14, 2012 at 06:32pm.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Hey man, what's your problem???
    Comparing David Bruce Banner's tragical fate with Adora's life is silly in my view because David Bruce Banner had no choice: he wasn't transforming into the Hulk voluntarily while Adora wanted to become She-Ra, as her new secret identity and fabulous abilities helped her to defend the free people of Etheria against the Evil Horde. Bruce Banner never wanted to become his monstrous alter ego Hulk - I'd rather compare his fate and split personality with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the story Marvel's Hulk is originally based on. Bruce Banner got a superhero involuntarily while Adora appreciated her destiny being a superheroine able to support the Great Rebellion and kick the Horde's ass.

Heroic Warrior
    Adora/She-ra never defeated the the Horde during the Filmation cartoon, just like Banner never found a cure during the 70's/80's TV series.

Adora is similar to Bruce Wayne in that both of them grew up without their parents. Each one became a product of the tragedy they experienced, the injustice that was done to them, and defined by the villains that ruined their lives.
    Last edited by dura_grip; November 9, 2012 at 06:27pm.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I could have grown up without at least one of my parents.

Also I dont think you can compare She-Ra to any male figure, at least not a straight one.

Last edited by LadyAngora; November 13, 2012 at 01:32am. Reason: unnecessary wording

Heroic Warrior
    I want to love She-ra through He-man. That's why I want to reboot the series so that Adam and Adora are not brother and sister.

I had a dream where I was He-man, and She-ra came and rescued me on Swiftwind. We flew through a portal back to Eternia as it was closing.
    Last edited by dura_grip; December 3, 2012 at 04:21pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Masters of the Universe is not about love.

Robotech is about boys and girls loving eachother and saving the galaxy and stuff like that.

..and Transformers is deffinitley not about love and stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Whoa...*** is going on in here...?

Back to the MOTUC thread.

*Mental note- Stay out the POP forum.

Heroic Warrior
    I loved it in "Secret of the Sword" when He-man told She-ra, "Quick, let's cross swords". The imagery of them crossing swords would have been even more powerful if they were a husband and wife team, instead of a brother and sister team. I'd like a rewrite, but I can accept the family connection. It still works.

What I really want is an alternate ending. It would be He-man on Battlecat and She-ra on Swiftwind riding together out of the screen in 3-D, then drawing their swords and crossing them.
    Last edited by dura_grip; November 21, 2012 at 04:43pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app