Thread: Lifesize 6 foot Grayskull Robot Spacesuit Cardboard Cutout

Hybrid View

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

Lifesize 6 foot Grayskull Robot Spacesuit Cardboard Cutout

I think DJForce might have had some influence on this project with his awesome Grayskull turret. I got a nice clean sample of the original cutout on Ebay for $15, scanned it into Photoshop and cleaned it up a bit. The file size ended up being around 40mb but the print came out beautifully! Emailed the file, and about two weeks later got it FedEx. You can still see some rubbing on the cardboard around the edges from the original scan, but it actually looks very cool like that! Total project cost me about $115, which I have to say is not too shabby at all for a 6 foot Grayskull Robot!!! After getting him, I kinda wish I had made him 7 foot, but he is awesome nonetheless. I'm hoping to bring him to Power Con next year if I get a booth again. I was thinking it would be really cool to cut out the face area and have people pose and take pictures. Not sure if I will do that or not, but its a thought.
    The He-ManCave is still under construction, so please pardon the mess.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by masterenglish; November 8, 2012 at 07:23pm. Reason: Typo

Awesome work man!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

This is SO cool!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Wow...
    Brilliant idea!!

That is bad ass! Which company did you use for the cardboard cutout? That looks super clean!
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I forgot to mention, in the first picture, note the original cutout in the bottom left corner of the large cutout.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    That is bad ass! Which company did you use for the cardboard cutout? That looks super clean!
    They are called Production Partners. The guy I talked to was named John, cool guy. The print looks very nice, its printed on semi glossy and everything is very crisp and clean. Only gripe I really have is that the antenna was bent when I got it, but it still displays great and is pretty much unnoticeable.