Thread: 8-Back He-man vs "The Original" He-Man - Differences?

Hybrid View

8-Back He-man vs "The Original" He-Man - Differences?

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a LOOSE vintage He-Man and was wondering if there exists a difference between the (1st run) 8-back He-Man and the (re-issue) "The Original" He-Man. Clues like paint app variations, different head sculpt, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Freddy

**MODS: I tried searching the forum and could not find any info on this. If it exists, please move the thread to the correct location.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    There's a third to keep in mind--the 12-back without "The Original" burst. This would have been the 1983 wave, possibly into 1984. I got one in January 1984

Oh ok, any differences that you know of? I'm mainly trying to distinguish the 8-back in loose form if it's even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    There's a third to keep in mind--the 12-back without "The Original" burst. This would have been the 1983 wave, possibly into 1984. I got one in January 1984

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    Oh ok, any differences that you know of? I'm mainly trying to distinguish the 8-back in loose form if it's even possible.
    I'm not even sure on the differences between 8-back loose and later loose, myself. I was just filling in a bit of detail and showing off. As far as I know, they moved from hard to soft heads at some point, but I couldn't tell you when, or even which came first.

All of mentioned are mostly TAIWAN He-Man, which is always the soft head variant. There are TAIWAN 1981 and rare TAIWAN 1982 figures of He-Man.

The firs edition He-Man (as far as I know) is always TAIWAN 1981 variant known as "Yellow Belt" because of more Filmation like color of the belt (yellowish-orange) and the harness has shorter straps than all the later versions. The hair color of this variant is very intense yellow also close to the Filmation color of the He-Man hair...

The second run, also marked TAIWAN 1981 has orange-reddish belt and it is known as "Orange Belt" variant. It has somehow lighter yellow hair, noticeable different than the first one.

The last of He-Man produced in Taiwan is marked 1982 and it is rare compared to others... it has a bit different quality of plastic, orange belt, but hair color is closer to the first run He-Man.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Mantisaur82; November 9, 2012 at 11:20am.

Thanks for the info and the picture. Do you have a high-res copy of the pic you can email me?

Freddy
    freddytelevision@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    All of mentioned are mostly TAIWAN He-Man, which is always the soft head variant. There are TAIWAN 1981 and rare TAIWAN 1982 figures of He-Man.

The firs edition He-Man (as far as I know) is always TAIWAN 1981 variant known as "Yellow Belt" because of more Filmation like color of the belt (yellowish-orange) and the harness has shorter stripes than all the later versions. The hair color of this variant is very intense yellow also close to the Filmation color of the He-Man hair...

The second run, also marked TAIWAN 1981 has orange-reddish belt and it is known as "Orange Belt" variant. It has somehow lighter yellow hair, noticeable different than the first one.

The last of He-Man produced in Taiwan is marked 1982 and it is rare compared to others... it has a bit different quality of plastic, orange belt, but hair color is closer to the first run He-Man.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6703/hemanadam.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us