Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
And I also stand by my second quote. There is NO WAY the 4H would tolerate being pulled off of CG!!! It just isn't gonna happen! Castle Grayskull (along with MOTU) is a big deal to the 4H. If that did happen, I am sure that it would cause a rift between the 4H and Mattel, and if I know that, you can bet Mattel does too. Considering that the 4H created and pitched the idea of MOTUC, it would be extreme blasphemy to not let them sculpt Castle Grayskull!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Except that the reaction of the 4H would be somewhat irrelevant. For starters, the 4H a) don't have the clout or authority to block such a move easily (besides one hell of a "we walk if.." bluff which could backfire if they need Mattel more than Mattel needs them and Mattel knows it) b) would be gagged by a NDA if they were pulled so they could hardly be vocal about it.

I also want to add another point I missed last time. As much as people rag on Toyguru, I think he would even step up if Mattel were to pull a bonehead move like that. People can question his business decisions, but no one can question his passion for MOTU, and I am sure he will do everything in his power to make sure the 4H sculpt CG!
Considering where I suspect the call to switch design teams came from; I have my doubts as to how much power Toy Guru might have in this case. He may be the brand manager, but even he takes his marching orders from others.

Now you are digging deep to try and convince people who are ordering CG that the same thing will happen to CG!
No, I'm voicing suspicions based not only what happened, but on the lack of any solid response from Toyguru that the same thing wont happen here. Furthermore I never said it would happen, just that it being an impossibility has to be ruled out in light of the evidence and that there is a worrying possibility that it could happen.

There is no way that Mattel will pull the 4H off of CG! You know it, I know it, the 4H know it and yes, Mattel knows it! Let's put this ridiculous notion to rest now and let the 4H do what they do best and make the best Castle Grayskull the world will ever see!!
Based on what besides wishful thinking exactly (considering we're told how Mattycollector customers are essentially "a drop in the bucket" as we've been repeatedly told)?.