Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread November 2012

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    And I also stand by my second quote. There is NO WAY the 4H would tolerate being pulled off of CG!!! It just isn't gonna happen! Castle Grayskull (along with MOTU) is a big deal to the 4H. If that did happen, I am sure that it would cause a rift between the 4H and Mattel, and if I know that, you can bet Mattel does too. Considering that the 4H created and pitched the idea of MOTUC, it would be extreme blasphemy to not let them sculpt Castle Grayskull!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
    Except that the reaction of the 4H would be somewhat irrelevant. For starters, the 4H a) don't have the clout or authority to block such a move easily (besides one hell of a "we walk if.." bluff which could backfire if they need Mattel more than Mattel needs them and Mattel knows it) b) would be gagged by a NDA if they were pulled so they could hardly be vocal about it.

I also want to add another point I missed last time. As much as people rag on Toyguru, I think he would even step up if Mattel were to pull a bonehead move like that. People can question his business decisions, but no one can question his passion for MOTU, and I am sure he will do everything in his power to make sure the 4H sculpt CG!
    Considering where I suspect the call to switch design teams came from; I have my doubts as to how much power Toy Guru might have in this case. He may be the brand manager, but even he takes his marching orders from others.

Now you are digging deep to try and convince people who are ordering CG that the same thing will happen to CG!
    No, I'm voicing suspicions based not only what happened, but on the lack of any solid response from Toyguru that the same thing wont happen here. Furthermore I never said it would happen, just that it being an impossibility has to be ruled out in light of the evidence and that there is a worrying possibility that it could happen.

There is no way that Mattel will pull the 4H off of CG! You know it, I know it, the 4H know it and yes, Mattel knows it! Let's put this ridiculous notion to rest now and let the 4H do what they do best and make the best Castle Grayskull the world will ever see!!
    Based on what besides wishful thinking exactly (considering we're told how Mattycollector customers are essentially "a drop in the bucket" as we've been repeatedly told)?.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've put some new answers up after the Grayskull win!

Too bad that Grayskull going through doesn't influence 2014 any.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    "Now that the fans have voted on CG and it's been greenlit, will this help 2014 get more (or at least not lose any) SKUs?

2014 is actually too far down the pipe to be affected now. It isn't approved, but it is too far along. The Grayskull sale if anything would affect 2015."

So I wonder if CG counts as 2012 or 2013? In other words, how soon could we see Snake Mountain?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel can aways throw stuff in which are outside the sub. If they make a preorder for the Battle Ram, it wouldn't affect 2014, because it's outside the sub...

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    "Now that the fans have voted on CG and it's been greenlit, will this help 2014 get more (or at least not lose any) SKUs?

2014 is actually too far down the pipe to be affected now. It isn't approved, but it is too far along. The Grayskull sale if anything would affect 2015."

So I wonder if CG counts as 2012 or 2013? In other words, how soon could we see Snake Mountain?
    Screw Snake Mountain, lets worry about figures now.

Another interesting thing to consider, is that it takes 1 to 1 1/2 years to get figures from concept to production. That means behind the scenes 2014 should be happening now. If the bulk of the 4H efforts are going into CG, what is going to happen to new sculpts for figures? Will that mean reduced number of slots because the 4H will have too much work? Or more repaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Mattel can aways throw stuff in which are outside the sub. If they make a preorder for the Battle Ram, it wouldn't affect 2014, because it's outside the sub...
    I hope the answer TG gave to the Point Dread--talon fighter question is an indicator that they are looking at vehicles again. I just hope that if they do offer a preorder that it be Battleram first--we have waited long enough for him Besides, he's already sculpted and I think he's the most wanted vehicle by the fans from what I can tell.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    That's true. Which makes me now question both the importance of the sub (since that just guarantees what's included), and what the next step will be in testing new grounds. (Online-only? Check. Sub for guaranteed sales? Check. Pre-sale for product sight unseen? Check.)

I mean, in theory, 2013 could have even MORE items than 2012, they would just all be outside the sub.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Second, if any one thinks that there is even a remote possibility that the 4H will NOT be sculpting Castle Grayskull, please get your head checked! I am positive that the level of passion that the 4H have for MOTU is off the charts when compared to BTTF! I'm sure getting pulled from sculpting a pink skateboard with no wheels to focus on "cooler" things is no big deal to the 4H. I am also sure that if Mattel tried to pull the 4H off of CG, the 4H (along with fans) would riot with a fury never seen on this planet before!!! I don't care how "small potatoes" MOTUC is in the eyes of Mattel, the 4H WILL BE sculpting the Classics version of Castle Grayskull!
    My big question here: where, in any of the official literature on the Castle, does it say the Fab Four are going to be working on it? I know there has been a lot of talk from all sources that indicated they would be, but there is nothing on the Grayskull order page that says "sculpted by the Horsemen." Has TG stated in writing the Horsemen would be working on it? CG is a huge undertaking, and, even though the Horsmen's workload for Mattel is likley lighter than it has been (MOTUC cutting back, DCUC/Infinite Earths cut to 13 figures, and a nearly non-existent retail 6" line), I don't know if the Horsemen's schedule can accomodate it. I know they've been chomping at the bit to do this, and I believe that if there is any way in heaven or heck, they will be a part of it. But a lot of things could get in the way, including Mattel deciding their talents are needed more elswhere. I don't think that will happen, as I'm pretty sure Mattel knows how much of the line's success thus far is due to the Horsemen's contributions, but Mattel doesn't always make logical choices or even the choices that are in their actual interests. We've seen ego override common sense many times over the years from Mattel, and some problems in this very line seem to fall into that category, so until I see in writing that the Fab Four are involved, there is a possibility they are not.

I think it would be good for TG to confirm that the Horsemen are involved to allay fears and hopefully prop up sales even more. For something this expensive, you want to take away as many excuses for not taking the plunge as you can.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I have just submitted the question on the 4HM website asking if they are involved. I'll let you know.

So letting us know in the summer doesn't seem adequate to tool the figures. Their timeframe of planning seems to be constantly altered to fit the current scenario. It's not a big deal that they want to keep secrets but they should let us know sooner rather than later if we will get a 2014 sub like he initially promised. If we aren't, telling us sooner won't hurt sales of subs or anything. But I feel like it is most likely a marketing tactic to build demand.

13 new answers are up!

200X is getting a character this year! I hope it's The 'Seed!

@ the last question.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    13 new answers are up!

From the hints and spoilers, I'm afraid it isn't.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Great news about the 200x figure (hopefully figures) I really want Dactys, Calix and Evil Seed so bad, they're three of my most wanted figures, easily in my top ten.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Calix is my bet for the 200X figure.

I think Catra's Wrath loves to answer questions that we intend for Toyguru to answer, even when TG himself has said that the mods aren't informed about the operations of the brand.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

13 new answers are up!

As we get Dekker, an Heroic, it should be an Evil.

My bet are on Evil Seed, Calix or Prahus.
    If it's an Heroic, it would be Lord Dactys.

So Mattel keeps changing their stories as usual. The sub page still is coming very soon and there will be no extras with castle Grayskull like they said possibly would be. This is why I wish they wouldn't even bother communicating with us so often.

Yeah I was curious about the answer regarding extras with CG as they said what was shown was the minimum. Being that the sales still have over a month for the pre-orders, how can they comment on what extras will/will not be included with it. They should be able to add more if the pre-orders reach the 200% minimum for example. So, I would like to have them just say that. Say we will not know exactly what will be included until the pre-order period is over and we see how many are ordered. That would be the proper response to these type questions.

I expect it to be Calix as well. I'd rather see Prahvus or Evilseed though.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

TG answer on Matty Forums:

But no matter how many slots we are getting in 2014, we're going to use 2014 and potentially 2015 to try and "wrap up the line". More fan demanded variants like this might need to be on the back burner for some more demanded vintage updates first.

Interesting . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I put new answers up!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    TG answer on Matty Forums:

But no matter how many slots we are getting in 2014, we're going to use 2014 and potentially 2015 to try and "wrap up the line". More fan demanded variants like this might need to be on the back burner for some more demanded vintage updates first.

Interesting . . .
    That's an enthusiasm killer, but it's not unexpected. Part of the enjoyment I get from this line is the unknown factor that comes from the non-80's figures that we've never gotten before and fans pushing for their dark horse favorites.

That's an enthusiasm killer, but it's not unexpected. Part of the enjoyment I get from this line is the unknown factor that comes from the non-80's figures that we've never gotten before and fans pushing for their dark horse favorites.
    Preach it!

I put new answers up!

Well, if you look at the other answers that are up, he's still giving hope for things like Koduk Ungol (sp?) and the Wind Raider pilot... sooo... I feel a lot of folks' "dark horse favorites" are probably still going to slip in one way or the other (SDCC exclusives, Traveling Con figures, etc).
    A lot of my "dark horse favorites" are from the vintage line, so this news makes me happy and rather hopeful that Rokkon, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Extendar, Quakke, and Eldor will appear in 2014/15. I'd rather them in my collection than The Scientists, 2002 Evil-Lyn, Callix, etc. For me, the recent turn of events might mean figures that may have originally been on the roadmap for 2016 and beyond could come sooner. I'm one of the folks that felt like the line was starting to get a bit too padded out by the likes of Filmation Randor, Vykron, Sir Laser-Lot, Spector, BG Evil-Lyn, Snake Man-At-Arms, Dekker... I welcome 2014 with it's promise of "all vintage and A-list Filmation characters"- it'll be a welcome change of pace, even if it's just for that year. Chances are the line will still be going beyond '14, so there's no saying that the random stuff like Goat Man, Lodar, Josh, etc won't make some sort of appearance in the future.