Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread November 2012

Ooo, I like seeing the number "2015!" Let's here more of that talk.

Now, what could that big Toy Fair News be?
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I'm actually extremely ****** off about the Castle Grayskullman answers. Extremely.

Mattel has no problem selling off their CS stock before customers WITH SUBSCRIPTIONS can even potentially request a replacement? That's *** up. So when my sub figure finally shows up, my ONLY option if he's defective is to get a refund? Yeah, it's not like I got a subscription to be guaranteed a figure, or anything. It's totally acceptable to sell your CS stock before all subscribers even get their figures.

Personally, I hope the big news is something along the lines of getting more fan demanded figures out somehow. Maybe out of sub releases for NA and POP to fill those gaps. Or a movie figure 3 pack of Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor. Something to get of these out...

Holy crap I'm floored about that Castle Grayskullman answer. They're actually selling the CS stock before people even get their original stuff?

That just seems insane...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Personally, I hope the big news is something along the lines of getting more fan demanded figures out somehow.

That is what it's supposed to be.... Scott said that there would be an announcement at NY Toy Fair that had to do with "getting fan demanded characters out more quickly."

When I asked him about it at the Power Con Matty panel, he wouldn't budge or give a hint lol... but rumors abound

The Rumor Mill suggests you save your pennies for not only SDCC but also the out-of-sub stuff in 2013.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yeah, we need more fan demanded figures out in 2013. I just told my wife it was going to be a lighter year, but I could always kill her joy and tell her there was a surprise figure..or 6. The CGM answers are just totally lame. They could have easily put them up towards the end of Dec or Jan..seriously not like they have to clean out the warehouse.

the roton is in NYTF

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That is what it's supposed to be.... Scott said that there would be an announcement at NY Toy Fair that had to do with "getting fan demanded characters out more quickly."

When I asked him about it at the Power Con Matty panel, he wouldn't budge or give a hint lol... but rumors abound

The Rumor Mill suggests you save your pennies for not only SDCC but also the out-of-sub stuff in 2013.
    I wonder what this announcement is about.... As has already been said, multipacks could be a nice to give fans more characters... Some multipacks defintely make sense:

- Movie 3 pack (Saurod / Blade / Gwildor)
    - Brightmoon 2 or 3 pack (Glimmer / Angella / Micah)
    - Twiggets
    - Trollans
    - Rock People (Stonedar / Granita / Rokkon)
    - Masque & Shokoti
    - GR Small Friends pack (Kowl / Lookee / Madame Razz / Broom)

There would be so many possibilities. I hope some of these happen sooner than later... Mind you, perhaps some of these characters (Shokoti, Glimmer, Madame Razz...) should be saved as incentives for the 2014 sub... What do you think?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

The answers regarding CGM are shocking - yet another slap in the face to international fans who have supported this line from day 1. I only received my Oct sub bundle 2 days ago and probably wont see CGM, Dekker and Randor till Christmas if I'm lucky.

Despite supporting the sub, CG and every other item put out International fans get treated poorly.

ToyGuru - that really is a disgrace.

Heroic Warrior
    The answers about Castle Grayskullman show without the shadow of a doubt that Matty/Mattel- that barely sold enough 2013 subs - is trying to TERMINATE this line. If this trend keeps going, I guess there might not be a 2014 line at all...

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I can't argue with you guys regarding the CGM answer. They could have waited until the Dec. sale to at least give until then for internationals the chance at replacing a defective figure.... and CGM would have still sold out during 2012 like Matty wants.

And I thought I got tired of "KILING TEH LIEN" during the myp toy series. Instead of being negative-- let's look at this as Mattel trying to stay afloat with the line and having a potential exit strategy given the economic situation. 30% over required sales isn't the amazing technicolor cheesewedge that will save us all-- it's good, but that needs to be better to impress the execs. If they sell more subs next year with the price drop, then the line will stay around as long as they can turn a large enough profit that makes it worthwhile to continue. Mattel isn't doing this for the love, after all-- they're doing it for the cash. I missed out on getting a sub this year and was pretty ticked and do plan to get one (or more, depending on how successful the customs I've got slated for when I get out of the hospital turn out) next year. I really don't care about the black plastic thing, Teela's neck or any of the other minor mistakes and snags I've seen mentioned (arms wrong? the figures do come apart pretty nicely-- pop them off and switch) -- in fact, if the black plastic is recycled it's great for the environment and I still get my long-awaited figures. The only real gripes I have are having to chase toys I missed on Ebay-- like the Filmation colors Sorceress-- but that's not Mattel's fault, if the line were impressing the execs they'd re-release figures they already had molds for. Listening to how MYP, POP and NA fans are "stealing" slots from other figures gets old quick. So too do people deeming this or that figure unworthy of being in the line-- like Perfuma. I mean really guys-- what most of the arguments come down to is that she's too feminine- that's insulting, all the way around. Would I like the releases changed, yes of course, but I think everyone has favorites they'd like to see come out quickly. Realistically Mattel is biased against anything it perceives as going out on a limb-- and unfortunately given that female toy buyers (or buyers of female toys) are still treated in a sexist manner much like female gamers despite our large numbers, PoP is considered "going out on a limb". It's not Mattel so much as the industry as a whole which operates much like Hollywood- they're more comfortable with things they know work rather than innovative or potentially inflammatory things. It would take a leap of faith on Mattel's part to start a She-Ra centric series and with the economy being as it is, they don't feel comfortable enough to try. It's not some kind of quality statement about She-Ra (because I see this thrown around too until I could just scream), just a symptom of the overall situation with female figures in general. My last gripe is just the paint on the figures. I, luckily, have had only tiny flaws on my figures so far-- easily removed with a thumbnail and a little rubbing but I understand a lot of people have had worse problems. My advice is put your money where your mouth is, guys-- we have the power, with our wallets, to save the line. Get out there and buy stuff.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    The answers regarding CGM are shocking - yet another slap in the face to international fans who have supported this line from day 1. I only received my Oct sub bundle 2 days ago and probably wont see CGM, Dekker and Randor till Christmas if I'm lucky.

Despite supporting the sub, CG and every other item put out International fans get treated poorly.

International fans aren't the only ones! Thanks to Newgistics even some domestic fans were just getting their CGM's right before the sale. I JUST got mine a couple days ago. I opened him up right away and he's fine, but not everyone can do that.

I have to agree this a VERY odd move. They really need to have a policy that keeps CS stock for a certain period of time. Selling that off a week or so after you've sent figures off is really, really terrible. The basic attitude ends up being "Oh, don't like what you get? Guess you get money then and never get your favorite character."

This is TERRIBLE customer service.

I usually try to keep a positive attitude and will even defend Mattel's position if I think it's logical or makes sense from a business perspective. This does not qualify for either. They really should rethink this. I understand not wanting to be stuck with stock, but you have to have SOME on-hand for issues. Otherwise you really will drive people away if the choice is a broken character or no character.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardman View Post
    the roton is in NYTF
    Sorry? I would buy one.

My DOS hasn't even gotten here yet. I don't like this, I get it but let's be perfectly honest here. Mattel's track record with CS mishaps is a little too well documented. Reversed parts, missing items, figures in the wrong boxes, & paint jobs that look like they were done by blind, armless retarded monkeys. Why after all of that, they would sell CS stock seven days later? It takes DR four days to mail out packages usually. Toss in the fact of Sundays & Thanksgiving and you get this. US fans (like me) still waiting for a package that may or may not be a poorly painted, missing items hunk of Bionotops droppings. Man you poor international fans, I feel for you guys as this is normal for you.

I'm not for or against Matty, it's just where I get my toys. Like Kroger is where I get my groceries. It's just a company to me. This is bad though. I mean if CS issues were few & far between, no big deal. They aren't. This year alone has been a lot.

Kobra Khan & Fisto- missing items
    Sorceress- wrong packaging
    Frosta & Stinkor- reversed arms
    Spikor, SLL, Mek, DB Skelly, Vykron, Snake Men- black plastic scrapes
    Photog- cracked lens
    Cy-Chop- loose waist

Just a bad call. With a fragile relationship with fans & low sub sales this could potentially **** off a lot of fans who really want CGM. I still appreciate what we have and I respect Toyguru & the 4H and I know they work hard for us & the line. But "Bob" in upper management who made the call to sell off CS stock, I'm just shaking my head at you.

Just my 2 cents.

-Dave
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I wonder why MATTEL announced the inclusion of HE-RO, SON OF HE-MAN into the line if they plan on possibly wrapping things up by 2015? I know stuff like this is pretty fluid, but I'm still a bit confused.

Granted, they could have planned on just making 2 to 4 characters from that 'era'. HE-MAN and SKELLY for starters...
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Well I am hoping we get at least He-Ro Son of He-Man in 2013. I am bad with keeping track but i still think there are a few slots left to be revealed.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

He-Ro son of He-Man is part of the bios. Bios were planned from the start and are an on going narrative. Scott has always said as long as we keep buying the subs, the line will go on forever. But realistically he thinks it only has about a couple of years left based on current sales.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Holy crap I'm floored about that Castle Grayskullman answer. They're actually selling the CS stock before people even get their original stuff?

That just seems insane...
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    I'm actually extremely ****** off about the Castle Grayskullman answers. Extremely.

Mattel has no problem selling off their CS stock before customers WITH SUBSCRIPTIONS can even potentially request a replacement? That's *** up. So when my sub figure finally shows up, my ONLY option if he's defective is to get a refund? Yeah, it's not like I got a subscription to be guaranteed a figure, or anything. It's totally acceptable to sell your CS stock before all subscribers even get their figures.

What? Did you think they would start playing like a competent company who cares about its customers JUST now? This is terrible, and so is almost every other part of this line that has to do with customer service. Take for example, this question, almost bordering on snide sarcasm when the question asked was very serious...

"About our 2013 subscription

I'm sure i'm not the only one in this case
    i have to move in December, so i need to change my shipping adress for my 2013subscription
    The digital river's mail said the MY SUBSCRPTION PAGE would be up late fall 2012
    And you lately said it would be extremely soon

So my question is Can we expect the My subscription page to be fixed before the shipping confirmation mail for 2013 first figures?
    thx"

It will be up soon. It is still fall after all. (Dec 21st is the first day of winter).

It will be up soon. We have heard this for more than 2 years. If they actually have this in place AND it works before people are charged for January sub figures I will eat my hat.

EDIT: Just read this gold.

"My Sub Page- The Great Big Lie

Catra said: "The 'my subscriptions' page tool will be up and running before Castle Grayskull ships"

Well I certainly HOPE it will be available before the end of 2013. Pardon me if I scoff with a huge snort of dubiousness at the idea that it's coming at all though at this point. The My Sub page has become like the white buffalo, the great white whale, Unicorns, and other creatures of myth. We keep being told it will be available. We keep being promised it's coming. But we have yet to see any sign that it's looming any closer. Please, for God's sake just let this sucker free already."

It will be up before it ships. CG ships in Q4 2013 and the my sub page will be up extremely soon. Where is the lie?

So, saying it will be up soon for more than a year and still saying it is not a lie? I guess that is subjective, but you would look like a fool to say that is not a lie.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; November 25, 2012 at 07:33pm.

I will be shocked if the My Sub page is working before January.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I will be shocked if the My Sub page is working before January.
    I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about the "my sub"... You are able to edit your Credit Card & Shipping info already directly from the "Sub" section of your My Order History.
    Click on the most recent order and scroll down to the sub details and select edit.

I've changed payment info three times this year and shipping info once and NEVER had a issue.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Just saw this qustion answered confusingly..

"Target goal to get all of the 5 optional Grayskull items?

Heya Mad Matty Crew!

Ok, so we not only hit the minimum production goal, we exceded it!

So! I have to ask.

How many more orders would we need to sell to get not one but all 5 out of the 5 optional additions to the castle that Toy Guru mentioned recently in a podcast?

Seriously! Gimmie a target to rally the troops toward!! I WILL TRY MY BEST drive us to hitting it!!!

It has nothing to do with the number of units. More units does not equal more set pieces and add ons. We have a set price and cost we need to hit to keep it at 250.00 for customers. Once we sculpt we will have a better idea of how much the cost really is (everything is estimate based on the image).
    If after we sculpt we are under budget we will look into adding more items in and maybe letting fans vote on these items if it is logistically possible. But adding items has zero to with quota. Hope that helps.

I could have sworn multiple times it was said that it mattered how many were sold, and that this was an extra incentive to get out the word for more people to buy more castles, not just to make the goal, but to make the castle better and add more value items for the same price. Now we are told it matters what happens during sculpting tooling r&d. Seems backwards as we are told this is only a small collector line and since not as many units are sold it keeps the prices high and paint apps/accessories down. Does anyone have a record of anyone mentioning units of the castle sold effecting content? Chock this up to other times I have either been lied to or misconstrued things from poor communication from the matty team. At least this seems to "clarify" the misunderstood notion. "Everyone stop beating the drum to sell more castles now, it doesn't matter."

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about the "my sub"... You are able to edit your Credit Card & Shipping info already directly from the "Sub" section of your My Order History.
    Click on the most recent order and scroll down to the sub details and select edit.

I've changed payment info three times this year and shipping info once and NEVER had a issue.
    You are fortunate. Many of us have not been.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He-Ro son of He-Man is part of the bios. Bios were planned from the start and are an on going narrative. Scott has always said as long as we keep buying the subs, the line will go on forever. But realistically he thinks it only has about a couple of years left based on current sales.
    I do actually get that, but I just wasn't sure about how many slots were open.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post

When I need to change this information for my subscriptions, it always results in a call to Matty. The first time I changed this information in March 2012, it took two phone calls for a total time of 3 hours. The second time I changed this information, it took 8 minutes, which was a huge improvement. I always dread calling Matty because I never know the type of service that I'll get.