Thread: Customikey from New York City!

Customikey from New York City!

Hey y'all! I've been a fan of this site for a long time, but it was the Castle Grayskull pre-order that finally sunk me back into MOTU. I had picked up a few Classics figures a couple years back, but then I let it go. CG flipped all that, and now i can't seem to stop!

When I was a kid, I lived in Korea, and my parents had to order all my He-Man figures from catalogs. So, I have good memories of my childhood figures coming in white mailers very much like what our new figures come in. I'll never forget coming downstairs one Christmas to discover my parents had not only put out a gigantic horde of He-Man toys, but they had opened them all and posed them fighting on my new Snake Mountain. That was a defining Christmas for me, and those figures got played with hard! I particularly remember He-Man playing a fun new game where he'd toss Two-Bad over the power lines outside REPEATEDLY.

So, who am I now? I'm a Sideshow Freak. No, really, I originated on the Sideshow Freaks board. I'm one of the original guys there and the very first customizer to post his work on those boards. I'm proud of that distinction, as the customizing community on the Freaks board has grown to enormous proportions, and a lot of guys are making the toys we always dreamed of having!

The Classics line is great because it revives toys we dreamed we actually had! I'm so thrilled with this line. I'm NOT a sub holder, just a cherry-picker. While I still love customizing my toys, I'm not sure how much I'll alter my Classics. Having said that, you can expect my Horde Prime to get a bit taller. And Optikk's eye is going to look wetter. Orko needs to stop falling over. And I'm inspired to make a 12" Skeletor. Gotta do it. And I'll show you when I do!

If you'd like to see some of the work I've done, I maintain a steady work flow at www.customikey.weebly.com.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, let me be the first to welcome you to these Forbidden Lands. It's always nice to have a Sideshow Freak here. The more unusual, the better! I hope to see some of your creatively evil work here. (I like your Star Wars stuff especially Vader and Fett). I'll be seeing you around...I'm the guy in the back of the forum making trouble and being a general nuisance.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    So where are ya im in houses Beach queens
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, let me be the first to welcome you to these Forbidden Lands. It's always nice to have a Sideshow Freak here. The more unusual, the better! I hope to see some of your creatively evil work here. (I like your Star Wars stuff especially Vader and Fett). I'll be seeing you around...I'm the guy in the back of the forum making trouble and being a general nuisance.
    I must agree with the Evil One! Its great to have ya over here and part of our madness.

Big fan of your repaint work for some time now!!

I hope to see you around the boards!

Welcome to He-Man.org. Hope you enjoy your time here!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome Custommikey.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Thanks, y'all! I'm glad to be here!

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Customikey!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome Mikey! From Bushwick Brooklyn!