Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Starting a MOTUC Collection

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

Help With Starting a MOTUC Collection

Do you think that someone who doesn't have any of the MOTUC who wants to start collecting could do it? Would they be able to get every single figure? where would they start?

Can people still get subscriptions? How does it work, do you just pay for it and then you're guaranteed each new figure that comes out?

Thanks for your help

Ooooh doggy, that's a big ol can a worms. Subs are only on sale for a limited amount of time, which has passed for 2012 (they're usually on sale beginning with the start of SDCC and ending around the end of August. The sub exclusive figures (1 per year) are the most costly because Matty won't re-release them, and there are only as many of each of them as were sold subs for that year. 2010 Wun-Dar, 2011 Preternia Desguised He-Man, and this years 2012 Shadow Weaver. The line is costly, but it looks to ma as if the secondary market is lowering it's prices, at least from what I see on e-bay. Mattel won't be re-releasing any figures from now on (Man-E-Faces is the first to be affected by this rule, so any figures that were released after him won't be returning) but matty has gone back on their word several times with little to no explanation. He-Man, Skeletor, Battle cat, Panthor, and maybe more eventually will be available year round on Matty though.

Whew! That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Thanks, that's great.

But the sub exclusive figures you can just buy on E-bay, is that right? How would I find out which were the sub exclusive figures?

Thanks for your info

Oh yeah! Digital River is crap and doesn't show promise of being fixed, so shipping issues, sub issues, and all other kinds of issues abound with the line, and Mattel keeps saying that they're "working on it" but it's been 4.5 years and not only are many of the same issues prevelant, there are an increasing frequency of problems that keep cropping up as well. If they screw up, your best bet for their "fix" is that they will refund your money, but depending on when you inquire with them, you may get lucky and recieve a replacment instead of money.

The figures are sculpted amazingly, and this is one of the best action figure lines of all time for a number of reasons, but it's not without it's major plagues.

The sub exclusives are the ones that I mentioned with the year before each one 2010 Wun-Dar etc.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; February 16, 2012 at 09:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Go here...

http://www.motuclassics.com/

You gotta wait until July, I think, to get a 2013 sub.

You can get every figure off of e-bay or BigBadToyStore (amazon, in my experience, has been the most expensive...though I did get MossMan the cheapest off of there, but only him).

Like Nicholighkun said...those "sub figures" only produced for subcrition members are the most expensive.

I've only collected the line since October. It can get expensive if you want it all right away. If youre patient you can get good prices. For upcoming figures you have to go to mattycollector.com (the 15th of every month, unless otherwise noted).

I just go for the ones I really want (first) and then go from there. You could do it in actual release schedule too...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Thanks, that's great.

But the sub exclusive figures you can just buy on E-bay, is that right? How would I find out which were the sub exclusive figures?

Thanks for your info
    You can buy everything on ebay, core figures are available on mattycollector permanently and subs will be sold in the summer of each year.

Sub exclusives are:

Wun-dar
    Preternia disguise He-man
    Shadow Weaver

If you are a loose collector, try to avoid first editions (those without "THE ORIGINAL" yellow starburst), to my knowledge and experience some of these had loose ankles joints.

Heroic Warrior
    I started collecting in August and I did this. I got every figure. The average price I paid for each figure including shipping was $25.00 which is what it would have been if I started collecting from the beginning. So it can be done with patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    I started collecting in August and I did this. I got every figure. The average price I paid for each figure including shipping was $25.00 which is what it would have been if I started collecting from the beginning. So it can be done with patience.
    Just to add, the SDCC exclusives might also be a little trickier to find than the regular monthly figures are. (SDCC 2009 = He-Ro, SDCC 2010 = Orko and Prince Adam, SDCC 2011 = Queen Marlena and Cringer)

Shadow Weaver will be the priciest for obvious reasons
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Thanks everyone. Just been looking around and I can get them for a decent enough price. But how much is delivery from Matty Collector to the UK. Is there somewhere on the website where I can find that out?

Cheers for your help again.

LOL

From what I hear...overall....stay with the secondary market for now. UK customers...most nondomestic customers pay through the nose...I believe there is a UK thread...

It's about shipping actually:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...MotUC-figs-yet

I started with nothing as of March 2011. As of now the single figure I am missing is Battle Armor He-Man.. I was caught up besides BA He-Man by November 2011.
    I used Ebay mainly and started out buying in lots.. Seemed a bit cheaper that way... I also bought from Matty collecter every month and got the reissues if I didn't have them and also bought the monthly figures. Also check the classifeids here on the .Org, I bought several items from some great members here. Depending on how fast you want to get caught up, be prepared to spend a couple thousand for everything..

Honestly, I had a lot of fun hunting for everything, now that I'm caught up my patience waiting for the monthly sub figures is killing me!! Good luck, and have fun getting caught up!!

You should check out the marketplace on this forum http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tplace-(2008-) . The people here are awesome to deal with and I can guarantee the prices are better than any "buy it now" Ebay listings.also if you plan on opening them look for loose figures, they are usually a little cheaper.
    Articulated-Comic-Book-Art Facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/186144664749556/ -
    He-Man.org feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=208726

A couple of thousand??

Really??

It's ok, I've done the math :-)
    Last edited by Shadow-Ra; February 16, 2012 at 10:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Welcome to the line. Yeah there are about 75 items if you are looking at getting everything that's been released so so far.

Original King Greyskull w/ Castle Greyskull box SDCC 2008 was another exclusive and the first figure of the line had the human and a bronze statue variant.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I'm so not going to be able to get everything.

Where do you guys keep all your figures?

i keep mine in a couple of glass bookcases. i want to get a curio cabinet to put them in eventually
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Between BBTS, Ebay & the marketplace here....I'm completely sure it's possible and can be done within reasonable cost. I have dealt with a couple ORG sellers, and both were really fast, and decent with prices. I only started in August, while I don't want all, I managed to get all I wanted across every year they have been released so far relatively easy, there are just a few others I want to get, but they are not necessities for me, and when I get a little extra cash I will pick them up as well, but my main priority now is getting the new ones I want as cheap as possible, since the re-issues are done from Man-E-Faces on, and so far so good on that. And I didn't pay over $51 for anything, and that was for SDCC color change Orko & Adam MOSC, otherwise nothing over $30 - $32 (individual figures) shipped.

To bad you missed the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale....now that would have been a good sale for anyone starting their collection to be able to hit. I netted finally my Man At Arms, Tri-Klops & Teela all for under $25 each shipped, due to a few figures in each order.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I started from scratch last year and now have a complete collection up to this point including the sub exclusives and maps (minus the Windraider - as a MOC collector, I have no interest in vehicles that I can't see in the box). I sat down one day and figured it out, and I was able to complete my collection for just slightly more than I would have paid if purchased directly from Mattel due to the fact that a lot of the figures were purchased in bulk orders from different people, so I saved a lot in shipping over what the total from Mattel would have been.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

How much have you spent altogether so far?

How much have you spent altogether so far?
    Geez get all personel on someone!

Yup, I'm all about the asking of personal questions :-)

I pm'd you a bit of info..

Ah ok, so July will be the month that you can buy new subscriptions?

Do they sell out quickly? How much are they?

Ah ok, so July will be the month that you can buy new subscriptions?

Do they sell out quickly? How much are they?
    Yeah, they go on sale during SDCC in July. They don't sell out and are unlimited. That is how they base their production quantities, not vice versa. They cost $20 each, which pays for the sub exclusive figure and map.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

If they're unlimited, how come we can't pay for one now?