Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The official "Pixel Dan has Mosquitor" Thread! - Now with video review!

hey dan! i would like to become part of the family hehe just kidding awesome video really funny
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    FINALLY...... THE BLOOD SUCKER (Mosquitor).......... HAS COME BACK...... TO PIXEL DAN !

Well, Congrats Dan Man ! You must be the happiest guy in the world right now !! I am so... so... SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!

You Know What ? I always buy 2 figures of each & every MOTUC characters (apart from He-Man, Skeletor figures, I buy them in multiples), But I am going to buy one more Mosquitor (to keep MOC, which I rarely do) in order to honour & respect your passion on him.

Now Buddy..... tell me how many Mosquitor’s are you planning to buy ?
    Dan Man, You can't pass this question, can you ?

Just how many Mosquitor's are you exactly planning to "suck"..... errr, I mean.... buy ?
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow............ out of all your videos (that I've seen), I have enjoyed this one the most. I think I speak for most .orgers when I say we are most happy for you. One question though, where in the display does Mosquitor go? Front and center? (You gotta give him the trophy treatment...........)
    I will put him with my Evil Horde, but he will be front and center right next to Hordak, just like he is in my vintage display.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Is something wrong with the blip video? I can't get it to play on my pad or phone. Also can't get the youtube vid to play on either due to mobile restrictions
    I don't believe Blip works on mobile devices, and YouTube unfortunately blocked this video on mobile devices and in Germany due to the song I used. Sorry guys, that's out of my control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Dan Man, You can't pass this question, can you ?

Just how many Mosquitor's are you exactly planning to "suck"..... errr, I mean.... buy ?

Sorry, I missed it earlier! I have one coming with my subscription. I will most likely get on Matty that day and order another one as well. I want at least one opened, one MOC, and have already toyed with the idea of getting one graded. I don't really believe in grading action figures, but I do like the nice cases they put the figures in, and if I was going to get one figure sealed up like that this would be the one.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Loving the idea of Mosquitor looming on the horizon and I was just thinking, he'd make a great candidate for a 'maskless' Kevin Kosse head. I've purchased about a half dozen of his heads already and they so incredibly and vitally add to the experience of these figures by (in most cases) out doing the head the figure originally came with - MAA, Sir Laser-Lot, Spikor, Skeletor, et. al. I wonder if Kevin has something in the works or if he'd consider it. I'll have to swing by and suggest it to him.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Alright guys....review is here!!

Mods - Could we update the title of this thread to include (Now with video review!) please?

Enjoy! Any other questions, just ask!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; November 13, 2012 at 09:41am.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

Enjoy! Any other questions, just ask!

Love the review, Dan! And Mosquitor is just what i was hoping for. Looks great!

Great review, as always! I love the special intro!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome review!

Some things that I noticed/ would have liked to see:

The helmet has the staction paint job rather than the vintage (I think I prefer the vintage with the "mohawk" painted silver).

The insect legs are MUCH higher than they were on the staction and on the other figures, which makes me think that he was originally going to come with the blood tanks, but - probably for budget reasons - they cut it and just re-used the insect legs.

Lastly, it would be REALLY cool for him to get an unhelmeted head eventually as well.

But he is a fantastic figure, and that was a great, fun review! I wonder Mosquitor has in mind for retaliation...
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

nice review dan, like the new intro, your happines was reflected in the video, congrats man! You are awesome.

A few folks on YouTube have already asked if the Buzz-Off or Drago-Man wings can be plugged into the holes where the insect arms plug in. I can't believe I didn't think to try this. So I'll be testing that out tonight when I get home from work!

If I had to guess, I think the Drago wings probably have too big of pegs to fit. But I think the Buzz-Off wing pegs are smaller, so those might actually work.

A few folks on YouTube have already asked if the Buzz-Off or Drago-Man wings can be plugged into the holes where the insect arms plug in. I can't believe I didn't think to try this. So I'll be testing that out tonight when I get home from work!

If I had to guess, I think the Drago wings probably have too big of pegs to fit. But I think the Buzz-Off wing pegs are smaller, so those might actually work.

PLEASE post pics of the buzz off wings attached if they fit Dan! Very curious to see how that would look!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    -"Mine is nice and straight, it stays very straight, there's no drooping."

good to hear Pixel Dan, good to hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post

Oh jeez...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post

LOOOOOOL...

Is the gun made of sturdy material?

Dirrty!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

Is the gun made of sturdy material?
    Yep, the gun is not gummy.

Yep, the gun is not gummy.
    So it's nice and hard and rigid??
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    Dan, I have one last detail to ask regarding Mosquitor : his shoulders are King Hssss shoulders. Can you tell us if they're reversed, ot if they're OK, please ?

Oh... and do his "gummier" hands prevent him to hold other weapons or shields ?

It's clear that I'll buy Mosquitor next month. I really like him, and his articulations seem to be fine. He doesn't seem to suffer from any flaw, so I think he's a sure buy as far as I'm concerned !

I'm happy you finally got your favourite figure in MOTUC !

P.S. : wow ! It looks like your wife Cristina took some courses with Jitsu ! Her slaps are a real nightmare ! How many stars did you see, Dan ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 13, 2012 at 10:41am.

Heroic Warrior
    Now, I got it:

Mattel tried the black plastic on different figures to make sure, it works perfect on Mosquitor to avoid Dan`s wrath...

Mods - Could we update the title of this thread to include (Now with video review!) please?
    Taken care of.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Dude, awesome review! Mosquitor was a favorite of mine when I was a kid as well (Hordak is my all time favorite, but Mosquitor is a close second). The classics version is near-perfect, I just wish there was actual liquid in the chest though.

So, what parts of the arms are new? Everything except the King Hsss shoulders?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'm converted...I now LIKE Mosquitor after this review. Go figure! Thanks for the review, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Dan, I have one last detail to ask regarding Mosquitor : his shoulders are King Hssss shoulders. Can you tell us if they're reversed, ot if they're OK, please ?

Oh... and do his "gummier" hands prevent him to hold other weapons or shields ?

It's clear that I'll buy Mosquitor next month. I really like him, and his articulations seem to be fine. He doesn't seem to suffer from any flaw, so I think he's a sure buy as far as I'm concerned !

I'm happy you finally got your favourite figure in MOTUC !

P.S. : wow ! It looks like your wife Cristina took some courses with Jitsu ! Her slaps are a real nightmare ! How many stars did you see, Dan ?
    The shoulders look correct. I eyed them over pretty good and didn't notice them being reveresed. I'll double check to make extra sure though.

And I haven't had any problems with his hands not being able to hold weapons, but I've only used his guns so far. I'll try some others just to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    So, what parts of the arms are new? Everything except the King Hsss shoulders?
    He also has the "monster" forearms from Kobra Khan. So his biceps and hands are the new parts.

Heroic Warrior
    The shoulders look correct. I eyed them over pretty good and didn't notice them being reveresed. I'll double check to make extra sure though
    I'm glad the shoulders seem to be correct. Yes, please try other weapons ! And thank you !