Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The official "Pixel Dan has Mosquitor" Thread! - Now with video review!

Great video, I agree with you, he looks pretty darn cool, but I would have liked to see the blood tanks. Very happy for you Dan.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Glad the extra limbs are removable on him, I just want him to look as vintage as possible on my shelf.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Oh man he's all Black Plastic!!!!

I have liked the overall buck since his reveal....that head, I just can't get past....but I may get him, and pop another head on him for display, and let him hold his other head like a helmet....

Still undecided, since I really want Granamyr, and him and Mosquitor will push my budget for Dec....then turn around and have to pay for Netossa & Ram Man in Jan....man the decisions....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    He also has the "monster" forearms from Kobra Khan. So his biceps and hands are the new parts.
    Do his arms still have the restricted movement that Kobra Khan's had? I noticed that one of my Snake Men warriors has the same problem.

Like I said on Dan's review over on youtube. he should try and see what buzz-off's wings look on him. I beet the clear ones would look sweet. he's an awesome figure and I definite buy for me

Heroic Warrior

Definetly Going to be getting him

Awesome looking figure and I really like the buck. It is giving me ideas already for some cool designs.

Goon.

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    Like I said on Dan's review over on youtube. he should try and see what buzz-off's wings look on him. I beet the clear ones would look sweet. he's an awesome figure and I definite buy for me
    Nice idea but as far as i remember he can fly even with out wings(at least i remember that from one of the comics) now i´m not sure it´s an official power he possesses(oh my that´s a lot of "s"s for one word....) but that would mean he doesn´t need wings.

That said, i would like to see how he looks with wings!

And the removable insect arms which leave holes and those holes could mean that we get those tanks someday as well

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Alright, few questions answered:

No restricted movement from the "monster" forearms like I had with Kobra Khan!

Shoulders are correct! They match Drago-Man's!

Hand plastic is not too soft that he won't hold weapons. I've tested several swrods and guns, all work fine.

I tested out the different wings!

Drago-Man:

These wings ended up fitting perfect! The only thing is that since they just go into his armor and not his back, they are a little loose. But they do fit!

Buzz-Off:

these wings are a much looser fit than the Drago wings. They are so loose that you can't pose them because they just fall back down. But they do plug in. If there was a way to modify them, and if they were in regular translucent plastic instead of yellow, these could look really sweet on this figure!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Cool, it looks like this is one figure that turned out perfectly, with no flaws whatsoever! Thanks for the review Dan, and for answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Cool, it looks like this is one figure that turned out perfectly, with no flaws whatsoever! Thanks for the review Dan, and for answering my question.
    In sincerely hope that you just knocked on wood! Cuz if history has taught us anything about fandom, it's that no figure is 100% perfect once said fans get their hands on that figure and have been able to test drive him. Once he starts shipping next month I say countdown to complaints about X, Y, Z part or perceived slight in.... 3.... 2....1
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I could literally feel the emotion in this video Dan! Keep up the good work on your reviews and I wanna see that enthusiasm for Two-Bad when you do his review!
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Great review as always! And I am VERY excited for december to recieve Mosquitor and Granymyr!!

Question though. It may just be the angles Mosquitor was filmed at in the video, but he looks to be slightly taller than the average Classics figure.. Is this the case? If so is the height coming from the new boots, or his head...

Great Review Dan! VERY excited about Mosquitor! I think he is one of the best looking figures in the line.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    That there is a perfect example of my favorite quote!

"You don't stop playing with your toys when you grow old. You grow old, when you stop playing with your toys"

Great video!
    Yep - British playwright George Bernard Shaw said it "... we don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing..."

He wrote 'Pygmalion', 'The Apple Cart' and, erm, the original 1920s ENglish stage version of 'Best of the Best 2'.

- - - Updated - - -

Dan, as ever, brilliant video! Glad you finally received your muse in MOTUC form!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I see Mattel went with the cheap black plastic again. It REALLY shows on this figure.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I really know how Dan feels about this figure, but I believe he needs to control himself a little bit more, having his wife slapping him was the right reaction IMO.

All in all I think this figure looks sweet, and I might like him even more once I have him in hands, however, I still think the look of the 200X staction was a lot better in many ways. The blood tanks interpretation/addition would have made this figure a lot more menacing and overwhelming. So far, I'm not totally impressed or convinced with this Classic version as is to be honest with you, but I'm glad he's been released before it's too late.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    In sincerely hope that you just knocked on wood! Cuz if history has taught us anything about fandom, it's that no figure is 100% perfect once said fans get their hands on that figure and have been able to test drive him. Once he starts shipping next month I say countdown to complaints about X, Y, Z part or perceived slight in.... 3.... 2....1
    I'll admit that I am often quite critical of Mattel, and I haven't been satisfied with the way the lines quality has seemingly dipped in the past several months, culminating with the especially bad Frosta. There have only been a couple of figures this year that have met my expectations. If I can't find fault with Mosquitor then that has to be a good sign.

And Mosquitor is one of my favourite vintage figures, so i've been anticipating him almost as much as Dan has.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Wow! So happy for you!
    And I loved that vintage photo!
    I understand your feeling, it was the same when I received Shadow Weaver!
    (and when finally I'll receive Scareglow or Karg or Det. Lubic)
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Best (male) Horde figure to date! The only one that would overthrow him, IMO, would be either Modulok or Dragstor. I'm really anticipating the 4H updates of those two

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Awesome review!! I've been looking forward to this for a LONG time! Your review will help tie me over for a few weeks until I have him in hand What an AWESOME figure!!!!

He's actually my relative...well, he's passed now...but most would recognize Pygmalion as "My Fair Lady". To those that wouldn't know that. I have to agree it's one of my favorite quotes....and not just because we're related!

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    Yep - British playwright George Bernard Shaw said it "... we don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing..."

He wrote 'Pygmalion', 'The Apple Cart' and, erm, the original 1920s ENglish stage version of 'Best of the Best 2'.

- - - Updated - - -

Dan, as ever, brilliant video! Glad you finally received your muse in MOTUC form!

awesome review dan!

glad those insect legs are removable ...

pleased you finally got your MOSQUITOR!!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

could you imagine if this figure had say, idk, purple base plastic? great review!
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

AWESOME review as usual PD! I've really been looking forward to Mosquitor! He seems to be executed very well…and I know if I like him this much from pics and vids…I'll absolutely LOVE him in person!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Great review Dan, I'm happy for you! Now start thinking about how Mosquitor will attack your Castle Grayskull!!!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!