Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The official "Pixel Dan has Mosquitor" Thread! - Now with video review!

I was never a fan of the original figure, he is the only vintage figure I didn't even know existed till 2003 as he was never on the cardback of any of the figures I had. The new figure looks really cool though. I think it was the huge torso and tiny legs that put me off the 80s version. It's a shame his helmet doesn't come off like the staction and I would have loved some insect wings on him but otherwise he looks nice. Glad he doesn't have those huge tanks on his back like the staction did.

I hate Jeremiah Weed.

Hey Dan,

could you please tell me if Buzz-Off's appendages as well as those from Scarabus fit on Mosquitor?

Thanx and congratulations that you received your dearest figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Never know Dan, we may see that Blood Tanks, Netossa's MAsk, Strobo's missing gun an a few others in the next year weapons/items pak.
    Kind of like the fact that Mighty Spector's whip didn't show up in the latest Battle Pak (and probably never will show up), I have a feeling the blood tanks were omitted because they didn't work from a design perspective. Unlike Rattlor's 200X armor which was cut due to costing, this one appears to be due to the fact that Matty simply couldn't get the tanks to work. Just my thought on the topic and not based on fact.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    there was one thing missing from the review. a headswap with the pixel dan custom!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I am a bit disappointed since they gave him Webstor's spider legs. Why no solution like in Buzz-Off? Neither belongs a mosquito in the same group as spiders, since a mosquito is an insect and a spider is not and second if they would have used the little Buzz-Off appendages it would have been A. more accurate due to the position at the torso and B. would have left space for the blood tanks and/or wings!
    The 4H are extremely good sculpters, but sometimes I do not understand why they do certain things.

Heroic Warrior
    Dan,

My kids LOVED the video. Thanks for your good work!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I did a quick follow-up video to show some of the parts swapping with the wings.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Nice follow-up video, Dan !

Did you get Procrustus and Granamyr yet, or was Mosquitor the only one you got so far from the December figures ?

Hey Dan,

Thanx for the follow-up. Although, I think that wings for Mosquitor would be nice, I certainly hope that Buzz-Off wings won't be reused here, since members of the subfamily Apinae have a pair of wings on each body side (as simulated for Buzz-Off). Mosquitos do not. Therefore, I hope, if Mosquitor will ever get wings, that those will be new sculpts.

I really which I could see how those appendages of Buzz-Off look on Mosquitor. That would be a reason to grab another Buzz-Off on BF/CM.

If anybody can show it, it would be awesome.