Thread: is 2015 a good idea to release the movie??

Hybrid View

is 2015 a good idea to release the movie??

motu movie has serious chace to premiere in 2015 but is that a good idea? with the avengers 2, episode 7 and maybe Justice League in the same year? .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    motu movie has serious chace to premiere in 2015 but is that a good idea? with the avengers 2, episode 7 and maybe Justice League in the same year? .
    Let's wait and see what will happen until then.

Avengers 2, Justice League, and SW ep VII will all probably be released in the summer season. A MotU movie could be released in late November or early December. That always worked for LotR (and now the Hobbit).
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    They should do a November release, that way toy sales for Christmas should make Mattel and retailers happy...they ARE planning on putting MOTU toys back in brick & mortar stores for a movie line, yes?
    Last edited by Wylde Weezle; November 12, 2012 at 03:10pm. Reason: clarification

Thoughts

TBH, the summer of 2015 is already pretty much finished. It’s become a bit of a problem now, for sure. As we saw this year, a lot of people foolishly underestimated The Avengers. It completely destroyed everything in its path for at least a month and a half after its release. That’s pretty impressive, and it was also pretty bad to watch for all the other films. Everything this summer pretty much either bombed (Battleship, Dark Shadows) or underwhelmed (Men in Black 3) in the wake of The Avengers. The sequel will likely be the same, only worse. Any (first-timer) film seeking to capture the same audience as The Avengers 2 will get eaten alive between May and July. Then Star Wars will come out, and that’s your summer over.

As we know, Disney owns both Marvel and Lucasfilm now, so they’re not going to put two of their biggest money-earners up against each other. As a result, I think Star Wars Episode VII will probably come out in July. That and Avengers will have plenty of time to themselves to destroy the box-office. Expect nearly every other film released between The Avengers 2 and Star Wars to either suffer the same fate as Battleship, or worse. I think it will be a big mistake to release MOTU in, for example, June of 2015, because it will likely get swallowed up by The Avengers 2, as people will still be going to watch that for the fifth or sixth time like they did this year (can’t imagine why people would want to watch the same film that amount of times in the cinema in this day and age). I am almost sure that is what will happen.

Something like MOTU will need time to itself in order to flourish. It’s paramount that MOTU is allowed to breathe for at least a good two or three weeks. I think it would be suicide to release it between The Avengers 2 and Star Wars. The result wouldn’t be pretty. Hopefully Sony would have factored this in. I mean, I’m sure they know more about this stuff than me, and they would have seen (like all the other studios) just what kind of havoc The Avengers created this past summer. Problem is, I think Avatar 2 is scheduled for December 2015. So MOTU is in a bit of a pickle, to say the least. Where to put it?

A December release in 2014 can still be achieved, and it may end up doing well there. No Hobbit film in your way, so MOTU will be the biggest film that month, and it will likely be relatively secluded. Don’t forget, fantasy is about to be big again over the course of the next few years, as I’m sure The Hobbit films will be very successful and serve to wet a lot of people’s appetites.

Another scenario is an April 2015 release. April has changed now. It’s almost seen as a prelude to the summer season nowadays. MOTU could come out in April, say, a good three weeks before The Avengers. It could actually work well, as what could happen is that MOTU can feed off of the anticipation for both The Avengers and Star Wars, as its similar to both. Or even a March release. Again, just like April, March has completely changed in the last few years. As long as MOTU is allowed to breathe and steers well clear of The Avengers and Star Wars, it could do well. Again, I’m sure Sony knows how important this (relative) seclusion is.
    Last edited by Krueger; November 13, 2012 at 11:52am.

very interesting post Krueger!

episode 7 complicate everything.

I thinks the chances are march/april , August or november.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; November 12, 2012 at 11:08pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle View Post
    They should do a November release, that way toy sales for Christmas should make Mattel and retailers happy...they ARE planning on putting MOTU toys back in brick & mortar stores for a movie line, yes?
    This makes the most sense to me. MOTU media has always been aimed at selling toys. This would help accomplish that and also avoid competition with bigger films in the summer.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Knee jerk reaction is no.

However, as everyone else has said so far, it's just a matter of proper scheduling and things can work out.