Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is 2015 a good idea to release the movie??

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    It makes no difference when a movie comes out, only that its good.

The biggest difference is when they put hype on a release date to get peoples interest and then the movie is 'mentaly fixed' to a date, that if it passes and one didnt get a chance or motovation to see it at that time, they then think, "what was the big deal about it anyway", and then they drop the movie from their memory and never even look for the disc.

Saying that other movies affect it, is like saying that 1979 had way too many awesome movies to see in one year.
    ..(or staying up and watching them back to back with no sleep)

Yes, the latest word is that Star Wars may be pushed back to 2016. As a huge Star Wars fan, I find this slightly deflating. However, it will open up the summer of 2015 nicely. I will say, though, that a World of Warcraft film has just been announced for summer 2015. So, you know, two huge fantasy films based on two well known franchises. Could be interesting. I still think MOTU should beat everyone to the punch and open in April. Don't forget, we've still got the possibility of a Justice League film in summer 2015. I don't think MOTU would survive going up against that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle View Post
    They should do a November release, that way toy sales for Christmas should make Mattel and retailers happy...they ARE planning on putting MOTU toys back in brick & mortar stores for a movie line, yes?
    This makes the most sense to me. MOTU media has always been aimed at selling toys. This would help accomplish that and also avoid competition with bigger films in the summer.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, the latest word is that Star Wars may be pushed back to 2016. As a huge Star Wars fan, I find this slightly deflating. However, it will open up the summer of 2015 nicely. I will say, though, that a World of Warcraft film has just been announced for summer 2015. So, you know, two huge fantasy films based on two well known franchises. Could be interesting. I still think MOTU should beat everyone to the punch and open in April. Don't forget, we've still got the possibility of a Justice League film in summer 2015. I don't think MOTU would survive going up against that, either.
    I don't think either Justice League arrives on time for 2015.

anyway there will always be hard competition ,so ......"come on World of Warcraft , motu awaits"
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    Is there any indication that this movie is anywhere other than in development hell?
    I hope we hear something either way soon.
    The action movies in theaters right now are box office disappointments. Die Hard? Snitch? 70 million combined.
    Then Bruce Willis and the Rock together in a few weeks (GI Joe 2) in a movie directed by Jon Chu...

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..if I were directing Masters of the Universe then it would be released to theatres as soon as I were done making it.

Also Im ready to start making it now..

Now I think 2015 is a good year for motu, because there is enough time to make the movie and no star wars and JL

These are the release dates for 2015 so far ,which date is the best for motu ?

February
    • The Longest Ride (Fox) - 2/13

March
    • The Fantastic Four (Fox) - 3/6
    • The Penguins of Madagascar (Fox) - 3/27

May
    • Marvel's The Avengers Untitled Sequel (BV) - 5/1

June
    • Trolls (Working Title) (Fox) - 6/5
    • The Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside the Mind (BV) - 6/19

July
    • Untitled Illumination Entertainment 2015 Project (Uni.) - 7/3
    • Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (BV) - 7/10
    • The Smurfs 3 (Sony) - 7/24

September
    • B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations (Fox) - 9/25
    • Hotel Transylvania 2 (Sony) - 9/25

November
    • Ant-Man (BV) - 11/6
    • Untitled Peanuts Movie (Fox) - 11/6
    • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2 (LGF) - 11/20
    • Pixar Animation Untitled (BV) - 11/25

December
    • Mumbai Musical (Working Title) (Fox) - 12/18
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; April 1, 2013 at 09:44pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

Star Wars might still make 2015. All the official reports from Disney are still saying sometime in 2015. I still think April 2015 would be a fantastic time for MOTU. The anticipation for the Avengers sequel will be incredibly high, so MOTU, as its targeting more or less the same audience, can feed off of that. It could work out quite well, IMO. As we all now know, summer for the movies is coming earlier and earlier. April is definitely the new May.

you right April 2015 is the date!

I was thinking 2015 is the only chance for the movie, since Ecape Artists extended the contract with Sony until that year.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; April 1, 2013 at 10:45pm.
    MOTULA.ORG