Thread: Filmation's RAVEN for MOTUC

Heroic Warrior

Filmation's RAVEN for MOTUC

Hello Everyone,

I was watching an old Filmation episode of Masters of the Universe and saw this obscure minion of Skeletor, called RAVEN in the episode, "The Energy Beast". So, I started thinking...he'd make another fun MOTUC henchmen to add along Icer, Fang Man, and Strong Arm.

In the episode, he is just a raven with a humanoid head. But, I envision him being a full humanoid that can transform into the raven to spy on the heroic warriors for Skeletor.

His accessories would include:

• 2 snap-on tekko kagi
    • 1 bird stand
    • Raven transformed
    • the Energy Beast (as seen in the episode)

Let's show some support for this lost minion of Skeletor!

Filmation_Raven.jpg

Thanks for sharing, King !

Your concept art is amazing !

I like the idea

Looks cool enough to make a figure of, but considering I've heard zero talk about him on these forums, I doubt he's popular enough to be made...might be another Nepthu fiasco in the making! Looks like he wouldn't be too difficult to customize though.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I like your concept of him. If he's like that with those accessories then I'm in!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I like it, very good work with the concept!

I can imagine Raven side by side with Batros!

That's actually pretty swell! I'd buy.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you, everyone! I'm glad you like it. I think he'd make a great figure, personally. Especially as a Traveling Exclusive or Sub Exclusive figure.

There's no way I support this when there are still hundreds of characters to be made. Maybe in 2020 :P

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There's no way I support this when there are still hundreds of characters to be made. Maybe in 2020 :P
    He's one of those hundreds, Durendal. Raven is a legitimate character from Filmation, just like Slavemaster and Dark Dream. I just gave him a humanoid figure to go with his Raven form; as seen in the cartoon series.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; November 11, 2013 at 12:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There really aren't hundreds of characters left though. It would be an awesome extra wuth Filmation roots. It's a creative interpretation of a Filmation character
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    There really aren't hundreds of characters left though. It would be an awesome extra wuth Filmation roots. It's a creative interpretation of a Filmation character
    I beg to differ - I'm pretty sure if you go through the list of all the unproduced characters in all MOTU related media over the decades that you'd get to several hundred...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    He's one of those hundreds, Durendal. Raven is a legitimate character from Filmation, just like Slavemaster and Dark Dream. I just gave him a humanoid figure to go with his Raven form; as seen in the cartoon series.
    While that may be true, he did not appear in humanoid form, so he's essentially a custom as pictured above, cool though he may be.

Heroic Warrior
    While that may be true, he did not appear in humanoid form, so he's essentially a custom as pictured above, cool though he may be.
    I think you are confusing "custom" with "concept". This was a concept for how Raven could be part of the MOTUC. Every character, including those you want that haven't been made yet, go through a concept process. It's how designs are determined before starting the process of creating a prototype.

The point of my concept was to show how we could potentially get another cool figure, from yet another Filmation character, but in a fun and new way that also included the original design.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; November 12, 2013 at 10:33am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He looks cool - kinda creepy. I wouldn't object if he ever showed up in MOTUC. He'd look cool next to Batros.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

it'll never happen. But tops setup sir!

I would buy it. Too much to ask for a new stand, just a regular black one would be cool.

This is an awesome concept! I'd love to see this figure get made!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks! I appreciate that.

Wow! That's a really cool design. I would definitely buy that! The accessories alone would be super cool in themselves.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Yup, I'd buy him over quite a few of the figures currently sitting on people's shelves.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Heroic Warrior
    That's 12 sales, so far! Scott, hop on this. 2015 traveling exclusive for ya, right here!

I love ! this idea! LOVE IT!