Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seahawk arrival thread!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

Seahawk arrival thread!

Am I the first one to receive him? image.jpg

He looks good without his shirt on.

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Congrats on being the first!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, yeah-- I think I like him better without!

Just got home and I was welcomed with the good ole' Matty brown box!!

Sea Hawk has arrived! I immediately started to find a way to debulk him but didn't want to ruin the figure, so I just trimmed down excess plastic and it did make a slight difference. I find him to be an amazing figure, great sculpt and another one to the ranks of the GR!!

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    Sea Hawk!

Even if he has gained weight since we last saw him in Filmation, he looks great!

Awesome! Can't wait for mine!

Congrats to people who have him in hand already. Love that the Great Rebellion has some more testosterone!

The head/face is almost an exact reproduction of the cartoon character...don't know how they did it, but it looks fantastic!

What part did you trim, Count?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Yeah, it'd be cool to know how you slimmed him down. I'd thought about trying to carefully remove some plastic and just glue the thing on if I can swing it. But only if it bothers me when I see him in real life to begin with.

Wow! He does look pretty cool. I've been rearranging my shelves all night and am still baffled at how small my PoP shelf is. There's only one more GR character (if you count the sisters) than there are Snakemen! I guess three more if you count Kowl and Glory Bird (but noone count Glory Bird, am I right?)

I'm really excited to get ol' Seahawk, though. He looks pretty great. I love the pic of him stabbing the Horde Trooper through the neck. And yeah, he does look really good without the vest on. The black must be slimming.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    What part did you trim, Count?
    I trimmed the excess thickness from the tabs inside his shirt. Mostly from the top and bottom smaller tabs that connect the front and back together

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Just got home and I was welcomed with the good ole' Matty brown box!!

Sea Hawk has arrived! I immediately started to find a way to debulk him but didn't want to ruin the figure, so I just trimmed down excess plastic and it did make a slight difference. I find him to be an amazing figure, great sculpt and another one to the ranks of the GR!!

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps95635045.jpg http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3f494f4d.jpg http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8d03b21.jpg http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psd8d87d01.jpg
    I did the same thing to Snake Face, the arms help to hold it down as well. It just amazes me that if we can do this ourselves, and nothing happens to the armor or the clasps, then whay in the hell can't they do it in the first place? I mean the stuff is durable enough to be a little thinner, it doesn't need to be that friggin thick to snap closed, or hold up to repeated removal.

- - - Updated - - -

I trimmed the excess thickness from the tabs inside his shirt. Mostly from the top and bottom smaller tabs that connect the front and back together
    Yup, exactly what I did to Snake Face, and what I'll be repeating on my Sea Hawk.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Sea Hawk looks great with his shirt on OR off!

Seriously though, I think he looks a lot better with those trimmed inner shirt tabs. Does his shirt stay on okay with the trimmed tabs?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I did the same thing to Snake Face, the arms help to hold it down as well. It just amazes me that if we can do this ourselves, and nothing happens to the armor or the clasps, then whay in the hell can't they do it in the first place? I mean the stuff is durable enough to be a little thinner, it doesn't need to be that friggin thick to snap closed, or hold up to repeated removal.
    I agree. They should realize this when translating the proto to the actual figure. They make an extra layer of plastic to hold the tab right under the arm when it WILL make it look puffy with its thickness..its a huge on why they do this when they've made a very successful design choice on Dekker.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Sea Hawk looks great with his shirt on OR off!

Seriously though, I think he looks a lot better with those trimmed inner shirt tabs. Does his shirt stay on okay with the trimmed tabs?
    He does. I made sure not to cut where the tabs insert, just around that area. I also trimmed a bit from the underside of the shirt as well.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home. I think he's a lot less bulky then I expected him to be
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

if any of you clever, wonderful modders out there could post some up-close or in-progress photos of the Seahawk (or Snakeface for that matter) improvement, i'd very much appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    if any of you clever, wonderful modders out there could post some up-close or in-progress photos of the Seahawk (or Snakeface for that matter) improvement, i'd very much appreciate it!
    Well I tried to cut out the thickest parts around the tabs on the Snakeface armor and it turned out pretty good. I also filled up the back of the armor with cotton so it would press in on the sides even more. Will do the same to Seahawk
    Attachment 90239
    Last edited by Zodac666; November 17, 2013 at 03:37am.
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired Hordak, Leech and Merman heads)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms

Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon

I got it on Friday… never been a fan of the character or the figure… I'll be selling it as I don't want to keep it...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I agree. They should realize this when translating the proto to the actual figure. They make an extra layer of plastic to hold the tab right under the arm when it WILL make it look puffy with its thickness..its a huge on why they do this when they've made a very successful design choice on Dekker.
    Maybe there's something to do with how the parts have to be molded, or making concessions so it's easier to assemble for the sweatsh....er, um, highly trained factory personnel. You ever take Dekker's shirt off? That thing is a bugger to get back on. Perhaps that has something to do with it. There's more to the engineering behind something than what's on the surface.

Got mine yesterday. He's a bit of a chunky monkey. What I find even more annoying is the shield clip is too small to properly fit on his wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Am I the first one to receive him? image.jpg

He looks good without his shirt on.

image.jpg
    He looks great shirtless! I think I'll be displaying mine that way, too!

Out of curiosity, would anyone be kind enough to take a picture of Prince Adam's vest on Sea Hawk? I'm wondering if that vest would look more slimming. With some paint, a scarf, and added shoulder pads I think Prince Adam's vest could work really well on Sea Hawk.

Someone needs to make a picture tutorial on how to slim down his shirt. Why can't Mattel fix the bulky armor on males and droopy crotch on females?? Those are my two biggest problems with the new figures being produced. Other than him looking chubby, he is a great figure and I can't wait to finally have a Seahawk figure!!

Can someone post a pic of the inside of the vest where it was trimmed down? PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Someone needs to make a picture tutorial on how to slim down his shirt. Why can't Mattel fix the bulky armor on males and droopy crotch on females?? Those are my two biggest problems with the new figures being produced. Other than him looking chubby, he is a great figure and I can't wait to finally have a Seahawk figure!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Can someone post a pic of the inside of the vest where it was trimmed down? PLEASE.
    I personally don't have mine yet, sometime this week they are expected, likely Wednesday or Thursday. And I myself probably wouldn't get around to doing any mods until a while after that, but if I remember, I'll take some pics of my Snake Face as soon as I can. I can cut more if I wanted to, but what I do have trimmed should be sufficient for pics.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Maybe there's something to do with how the parts have to be molded, or making concessions so it's easier to assemble for the sweatsh....er, um, highly trained factory personnel. You ever take Dekker's shirt off? That thing is a bugger to get back on. Perhaps that has something to do with it. There's more to the engineering behind something than what's on the surface.
    I know a thing or two about engineering a product, I don't personally do it, but I work along side a few people whose job that it is. Not to mention....have you ever seen the new Masterpiece Transformers, Prowl, Bluestreak, Sideswipe....? Now that is engineering, small packages (around 7" tall) and tight fits in alt modes, no bulk, and no kibble like most Deluxes and Voyagers, and hell, even Leader Class figures....yet Mattel designers can't make a slim soft plastic armor correctly. And the Masterpiece Transformers....um, Transform into very accurate looking vehicles, as well as have highly posable bot modes.

Thing is, there is still no excuse granted PD He-Man aside, the figures with full to belly type armor all were much slimmer than these new ones. And the excuse that full body vs half armor like Hordak makes no sense, the tabs are still the same and the armor hanging loser on the torso just means there is more room for tabs without them being under the arms.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!