View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite redesign!

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolsfang

3 4.17%
  • Monikasvo

0 0%
  • Zargon

1 1.39%
  • Zombihamma-AI

9 12.50%
  • Pyre

10 13.89%
  • theblock

0 0%
  • Crusader

4 5.56%
  • gbagok

18 25.00%
  • TechTrek

1 1.39%
  • Charlie Brown

0 0%
  • Moominsthenmotu

2 2.78%
  • Bearshow

11 15.28%
  • BlastAttak

11 15.28%
  • Micro-man

0 0%
  • Ayota

2 2.78%
  • NIMRODOR

0 0%
  • Red Norvell

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote for your favorite SIR LASER LOT redesign. (#103)

Movie mayhem!

Vote for your favorite SIR LASER LOT redesign. (#103)

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. The time has finally come for you to cast your vote for your favorite Sir Laser Lot! Happy Voting!

Wolsfang

Monikasvo

Zargon

Zombihamma-AI

Pyre

theblock

Crusader

gbagok

TechTrek

Movie mayhem!

Charlie Brown

Moominsthenmotu

Bearshow

BlastAttak

Micro-man

Ayota

NIMRODOR

Red Norvell

Last edited by Patreek; November 12, 2012 at 12:09am.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    my vote goes to blastattack:
    amazing artwork!

my vote goes to me

because I am me

and I am awesome

so me is awesome

so I vote for me

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Woah, these are really nice illustrations.
    Nice works guys.

SO many amazing designs. So hard to choose. Well done all of you.

Hey Patreek!,
    Would you mind putting the pic of my guy with his visor up instead of visor down? may not make much difference but I like his face. I'll attach it to this post and then maybe if you can switch the one up above I'll delete this post later on.
    Thanks,SirlazerLot.jpg

I vote for Zombihamma- Ai, if the contestants get to vote..

Movie mayhem!
    done :-) :-)

Snappy Threader
    Gbagok gets my vote.

When it came right down to it, I only did the face/helmet - such infinitely more talented competition so thanks for including me! And whoever voted for me - thanks, appreciate it!.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I can't see BlastAttak's pic
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Movie mayhem!
    THat is odd... I see it just fine. Here it is again let me know if you can see it

Nope. x'd out. Couldn't see it on home computer either (along with Moominsthenmotu as well). Can see all but BlastAttak's at work. Must be so awesome that my computer's can't handle it....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    considering it is a redesign poll, i have to go with Bearshow.

its not a "who can draw the best SLL poll"

just my opinion, but i tend to lean closer to the "re-vision" side of redesign, instead of "re-draw with a couple different details"

ps, i am not bitter because of my zero votes

Movie mayhem!
    Is anyone else having that problem with BlastAttacks pic?

Oh wow. This was a tough one:
    Wolfsfang: I like the helmet: he looks no more clone of Roboto. But I miss heavier armour: now head looks too heavy compared to torso.
    Monikasvo: man, where is his Movember? Bad.
    Zargon: like the fire people look. He would be better without that ponytail.
    Zombihamma: that rocks! I almost voted this one: he looks so menacing and yet knightly and valiant.
    Pyre: tie with Zombiahamma. i voted this one: in Zombi's there's more wicked armour, but I like this helmet more. And head was the major weak part of Lase-Lot IMO.
    TheBlock: I like that knight, but his mount seems just too statue.
    Crusader: this is coool dedign too. I bet that helmet would be removable and he really look a crusader too.
    gbagok: nice one as always. But somahow little pale and clean. Laser-Lot should ne an ancient knight from past.
    TeckTrek: weapon looks good, but I think he needs more protection as a jouster.
    CharlieBrown: 3D!
    Moomins:Scary! Miss full picture.
    Bearshow: best boots, best shield!
    Blast attack: this is awesome. Close to top.
    Microman: armour looks nice, but I feel shoulder pads are too M-a-A like.
    Ayota: Lion motif is wicked. His legs are maybe too naked compared to all metal up there.
    Nimrodor: cool! Just replace head, I dont want Horde-Lot.
    Red Norvel: Glass Sword is cool, but his face looks too Roboto to mys taste.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Widget
    Funny you should say that Monikasvo I actually came up with this weird idea that Hordak had captured his tech from some alien world with living robots which he turned into Horde Troopers and Sir-laser-lot is one of them who came to Eternia to save and bring back his people and that how the He-Man universe gets all the tech from and he basically becomes the first Man-at-arms even though he is a robot which makes it neat when Duncan makes Roboto because it coming around full circle. So that why I stupidly made his helmet look like that and I though it looked neat.

Nimrodor: oh, that's interesting origin story that gives to sir LL more character than last knight of Greyskull -story. My critique was based mainly to point, that I dislike the helmet of sir LL: it looks to much of roboto head for me. Removing Roboto and bringing Horde trooper head doesn't give to him personal look.

Things I really like in your version are colors (deeper blue and lighter pink are more unique than two basic colors of sir LL) and that huge mace. I could easily imagine him smashing Monstroid pieces with that club.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    CharlieBrown: 3D!
    ...now in the best cinemas!!!

I was torn between Pyre and BlastAttak. I think I chose Blast's design based on the great painted look of the piece. If I had my vote back, I would have chosen Pyre.

I voted for Pyre. I might have voted for Zombihamma-AI depending on what it would have looked like in color.

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    In my mind everyone who participates is a winner, it's a lot of hard work trying to convey your own personal ideal of a character. I have to admit if I were choosing based off of my personal stylistic faves there are always 4 on here, Gbagok, Pyre, Buffalo-bill-man and Bearshow, so to me there are three top winners in this contest. I chose Bearshow simply because of the three, he has always seemed the kindest and humblest and I've been a fan of his art longer than the rest.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Movie mayhem!
    Alright Everyone, Thanks for the vote and all the great entries! This one goes to Gbagok BUT as always so much of the fun is seeing all of the awesome and different designs you all come up with! Look out for the next challenge to start tomorrow!

congrats to the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    In my mind everyone who participates is a winner, it's a lot of hard work trying to convey your own personal ideal of a character. I have to admit if I were choosing based off of my personal stylistic faves there are always 4 on here, Gbagok, Pyre, Buffalo-bill-man and Bearshow, so to me there are three top winners in this contest. I chose Bearshow simply because of the three, he has always seemed the kindest and humblest and I've been a fan of his art longer than the rest.
    Well!!!! Congrats to Gbagok!!!!

I love your redesign bro....

I have to say, Nimrodor, you should have gotten some more votes brother. I thought your's was sick!!!

I am also flatterred to have received so many votes for my design thanks to everyone who voted for me.

As far as the comment above....I am humbled by it. It is very true. Bearshow remains an untained loyal artist to the He-man.org forums and he is loved by all. Great job Bearshow on your piece. I have always admired your work and will say again that you are THE artist who inspired me to start drawing for the org.

The best part about these chalenges?....the love. And then comes the amasing one-of-a-kind selection of talent that I have not seen one any other fan site.

Thanks to everyone who submitted their pieces...I saw nothing but the best pieces by each artist who submitted their work here. You all have out done yourselves...

Wolfsfang...a special "atta boy" for your amasing evolution into wonderful conceptual art.

And finally, my promise....I promised I wouldmake sure that the artists invlved in the new MOTU comic book series would see these pieces because of their cover of the first comic book featuring Sir Laser lot....here we go folks....on to the exposeure for you all....
    Last edited by Pyre; November 27, 2012 at 12:46am.