Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 103 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 103 Discussion!

Episode 103 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Rob Base and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode we are joined by Scott Neitlich as we discuss
    Hurricane Sandy,
    Grayskull preorders,
    playset VS display,
    European distribution,
    future of MOTUC playsets,
    QC concerns,
    minimum of what comes with Grayskull,
    Tim Wiess,
    upcoming comic talk,
    WWE wrestler memories,
    Jon Chu and the movie,
    Songster & the 87 movie,
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 02 minutes, 30 seconds

Direct link for Episode 103

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Another one, thank you Val.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

YAY!!! MORE GOOBLE!!!

[scarfs gooble down]

MORE!! MORE!!!!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Listen to the Gooble goodness and pre order Grayskull and if i offended anyone on the podcast then... blame Val!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Got us a Roast Gooble Thanksgiving feast early that we can share with Val, Pixel Dan, Penny Dreadful, and Ea-Mon!

That way we can enjoy time with them then take a break for our own personal Thanksgiving's!

Thanks Gooble Crew!!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Hey Val, you just keep pumping them podcasts out now, don't ya. Just are killing me Take care!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Argh! I'm three behind now. For some reason neither 101, 102 or 103 are appearing in my iTunes list right now.
    Hopefully later...

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Argh! I'm three behind now. For some reason neither 101, 102 or 103 are appearing in my iTunes list right now.
    Hopefully later...
    I have the same problem but after I hit the subscribe button they appear in my library as able to download
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    L.A. has more customers then germany??? Oh boy in what for a land im livin in?
    Soccer land,yuck
    Last edited by JimPansen; November 12, 2012 at 05:53pm.

base is back!!! ... brooklyns finest! ...

rob - glad to hear you're ok after hurricane sandy ... NYC is the greatest city in the world, i love NYC ... peace and love to all new yorkers affected by this event ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; November 12, 2012 at 06:15pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Hopefully later...
    Agreed!--^ Am finding myself drawn to the episodes with Scott N. or some 'official voice' input, as time is short and I need to use it wisely.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Thanks tmc1984!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    L.A. has more customers then germany??? Oh boy in what for a land im livin in?
    http://www.happyfaces-kinderschminke...an.gallery.jpgSoccer land,yuck
    Yeah and we`re the 2nd biggest country for MOTUC sales...

man I could so go for episode 104 to pop up to help pass time on waiting for the announcement on grayskull

[wink wink]... lol

Welcome back Base glad to hear you, the wife and little one are good! Craziness that whole week I just skipped work considering I would have to travel all the way to Queens from Brooklyn! Val really great the way these Goobles' are cranking out, they've definitely provided entertainment while being home getting work done in between everything else!!!

And BTW rob I am totally down wit a Songster or as he has now been renamed Songstro, but I am really hoping whenever he gets here they do a flip flop and make him EVIL!!! I am holding onto to SONGSTOR: Evil Minstrel with Hypnotic Power it's soooooo has potential!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Welcome back Base glad to hear you, the wife and little one are good! Craziness that whole week I just skipped work considering I would have to travel all the way to Queens from Brooklyn! Val really great the way these Goobles' are cranking out, they've definitely provided entertainment while being home getting work done in between everything else!!! And BTW rob I am totally down wit a Songster or as he ha

s now been renamed Songstro, but I am really hoping whenever he gets here they do a flip flop and make him EVIL!!! I am holding onto to SONGSTOR: Evil Minstrel with Hypnotic Power it's soooooo has potential!!!
    Thanks, as long as i get em i want em! I walked from Manhattan to Queens to Brooklyn every night for almost two weeks! But im glad the worst is over for now
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Thanks for raising the issue of international shipping and tax/customs costs, seems you had it already covered when last episode came out

Hey Rob Base, glad to hear you back on the show dude, and glad to hear you made it though Sandy, thanks for sharing you experiences of it with us. Whats happening with the Masters Comic Cast mate its been ages?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Hey Rob Base, glad to hear you back on the show dude, and glad to hear you made it though Sandy, thanks for sharing you experiences of it with us. Whats happening with the Masters Comic Cast mate its been ages?
    I just did one this past weekend will be live next week. We had been behind a few months with Cons and other projects. Thanks
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post
    I just did one this past weekend will be live next week. We had been behind a few months with Cons and other projects. Thanks
    Thats great news dude, I'm looking forward to it, you guys got a lot of issues to catch up on
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Hmm, somehow I missed this episode but had written a note to myself that I needed to listen to it. having just done so, it is interesting what a difference several months can make in regards to Castle Grayskull.

00:36:24
    SCOTT - "You've seen the blueprints...that's the minimum of what you're going to get. You know what you're going to get, because it's on the blueprint. We're going to try and get more."

VAL - "Is there absolutely no concern that some things on the blueprint will get removed or deleted?"

SCOTT - "Legally, we cannot, if it's on the blueprints. I hope I'm saying this right...but, yeah."

ROB BASE - "You've said this at NYCC, you said it every time. You explained it wholeheartedly; what you see is what you're going to get!"

SCOTT - "Yea! What was shown on the blueprint, what was shown on Facebook, that's what's going to be in there. We're hoping there's going to be more. That should nullify any concerns. If you don't know what you're getting, look at the blueprints. There you go. Buy a Castle."

Now I'm not trying to make allegations here, not at all. I was just taken by surprise when I heard this part when taking into account the reality today of things changing and potentially being cut. Now I am not saying or suggesting that Scott was being dishonest or trying to mislead anyone as some part of evil plan. I think that the reality of any big project like this is that things can and will change. I think it will be important for fans to keep this in mind with both Castle Grayskull as it moves forward, and if there are any future large item pre-sales in the future. The process of moving from paper to plastic could bring unforeseen changes.

So this will be an important thing to remember for the future, things can change in a few months between paper and plastic.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

It's funny going back and listening to these afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Hmm, somehow I missed this episode but had written a note to myself that I needed to listen to it. having just done so, it is interesting what a difference several months can make in regards to Castle Grayskull.

00:36:24
    SCOTT - "You've seen the blueprints...that's the minimum of what you're going to get. You know what you're going to get, because it's on the blueprint. We're going to try and get more."

VAL - "Is there absolutely no concern that some things on the blueprint will get removed or deleted?"

SCOTT - "Legally, we cannot, if it's on the blueprints. I hope I'm saying this right...but, yeah."

ROB BASE - "You've said this at NYCC, you said it every time. You explained it wholeheartedly; what you see is what you're going to get!"

SCOTT - "Yea! What was shown on the blueprint, what was shown on Facebook, that's what's going to be in there. We're hoping there's going to be more. That should nullify any concerns. If you don't know what you're getting, look at the blueprints. There you go. Buy a Castle."

Now I'm not trying to make allegations here, not at all. I was just taken by surprise when I heard this part when taking into account the reality today of things changing and potentially being cut. Now I am not saying or suggesting that Scott was being dishonest or trying to mislead anyone as some part of evil plan. I think that the reality of any big project like this is that things can and will change. I think it will be important for fans to keep this in mind with both Castle Grayskull as it moves forward, and if there are any future large item pre-sales in the future. The process of moving from paper to plastic could bring unforeseen changes.

So this will be an important thing to remember for the future, things can change in a few months between paper and plastic.
    I am a bit sad that it is a bit smaller but (don't tell Mattel this but) I am happy cause at the scale it was I really didn't know where it was going to be displayed but I hope we keep all the little doodads
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

I think the only thing that has been "cut" that was in the b-sheet was the dungeon grate, right*? I mean, it seems obvious that the dungeon grate LOOKED 3D on the b-sheet (in fact, Eric said this is why the sculpted the grate on RGD!) but Scott is saying it was supposed to be a sticker so that's been explained, whether you believe him or not. So Mattel could still pull the armor, the jetpack, and training device and still be within their legal limits.

*Unless you count the candle holder, I guess, but that looks like it was supposed to be sculpted into the back wall on the b-sheet.

Not saying this to explain it away and say it's all okay. I'm just saying if you want to get down to technicalities, I'm not sure this reveals much.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Now I'm not trying to make allegations here, not at all. I was just taken by surprise when I heard this part when taking into account the reality today of things changing and potentially being cut....So this will be an important thing to remember for the future, things can change in a few months between paper and plastic.
    I'm mirroring almost exactly what JonWes said.

Just to be clear, we were talking about the items that came with the castle and not the size.

That being said, we talk about what comes with the castle and what was shown on the b-sheet in episode 115 which should be posted this weekend. And no matter where a person stands on the issue, we've been told numerous times that was intended to be a call-out to a sticker.

I believe the candle holder was intended to be a possible sculpted detail, but I'm not sure. I don't think we talked about that on 115. We'd need the 4H or Scott to comment on that.

We were shown more things at Toy Fair that aren't in the blue print. And Scott said at Toy Fair some of those items might not make it into the final. I hope that doesn't happen. But we were warned it might.

Just as a follow-up, I checked the RGD episode because I remembered it differently, and Barezz's transcript is not accurate (unintentionally, I'm sure) and leaves out a lot of important detail. What Scott said (around 36:25 for those who want to listen) was:

Scott: You've seen the blueprints. You've seen-you know things like the chair, the orb holder, and the three doors, and the trap door and the dungeon and the computer. You can see all that in there. That's the minimum you're gonna get. You're gonna get all that. Anything you're unsure of just means More stuff you might get. You probably will. We're trying to put more than what you're seeing. We can't just guarantee exactly what that is or how much more because we're so early. But you know what you're getting. Cause you can see the blueprint...
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest