Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 103 Discussion!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm mirroring almost exactly what JonWes said.

Just to be clear, we were talking about the items that came with the castle and not the size.

That being said, we talk about what comes with the castle and what was shown on the b-sheet in episode 115 which should be posted this weekend. And no matter where a person stands on the issue, we've been told numerous times that was intended to be a call-out to a sticker.

I believe the candle holder was intended to be a possible sculpted detail, but I'm not sure. I don't think we talked about that on 115. We'd need the 4H or Scott to comment on that.

We were shown more things at Toy Fair that aren't in the blue print. And Scott said at Toy Fair some of those items might not make it into the final. I hope that doesn't happen. But we were warned it might.
    Sorry went off topic, I agree with Val and Jon... I think we have a great assortment of extras and as long as I get the robot in the corner I don't need anything else!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm mirroring almost exactly what JonWes said.

Just to be clear, we were talking about the items that came with the castle and not the size.

That being said, we talk about what comes with the castle and what was shown on the b-sheet in episode 115 which should be posted this weekend. And no matter where a person stands on the issue, we've been told numerous times that was intended to be a call-out to a sticker.

I believe the candle holder was intended to be a possible sculpted detail, but I'm not sure. I don't think we talked about that on 115. We'd need the 4H or Scott to comment on that.

We were shown more things at Toy Fair that aren't in the blue print. And Scott said at Toy Fair some of those items might not make it into the final. I hope that doesn't happen. But we were warned it might.
    Well, to play devil's advocate, you are both correct. The comment started by addressing the concern of what would be included in Castle Grayskull (accessories). That is true. But then, Rob Base noted what Scott stated at NYCC, specifically talking about how Scott explained that what you see is what you get in regards to the blueprint, and Scott agreed. What Scott said at NYCC was in reference to the castle as a whole; accessories, scale, etc. And that was something Scott mentioned repeatedly, as Rob Base noted. It was even repeated on a thread post in the ORG.

So, this all gets back to discrepancies in information, which has caused lots of confusion. I think it is this, more so than the changes itself, that has customers upset - not all, but there are many.

I think if anything is learned from this experience, it is to make sure "subject to change" is expressed and stressed when pitching anything from MOTUC from now on. Especially during panel presentations.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; March 6, 2013 at 02:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Just as a follow-up, I checked the RGD episode because I remembered it differently, and Barezz's transcript is not accurate (unintentionally, I'm sure) and leaves out a lot of important detail. What Scott said (around 36:25 for those who want to listen) was:

Scott: You've seen the blueprints. You've seen-you know things like the chair, the orb holder, and the three doors, and the trap door and the dungeon and the computer. You can see all that in there. That's the minimum you're gonna get. You're gonna get all that. Anything you're unsure of just means More stuff you might get. You probably will. We're trying to put more than what you're seeing. We can't just guarantee exactly what that is or how much more because we're so early. But you know what you're getting. Cause you can see the blueprint...
    Thanks for the full quote. I admit I'm too lazy to go and listen the episode again.