View Poll Results: Are Stridor & Night Stalker army builders or individual characters?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • They should BOTH be army builders!

6 7.79%
  • They should BOTH be considered individuals, like Battle Cat!

70 90.91%
  • Stridor is an individual character, but Night Stalker is an army builder!

1 1.30%
  • Night Stalker is an individual character, but Stridor is an army builder!

0 0%

Thread: STRIDOR/ NIGHT STALKER: Army builders or individuals?

STRIDOR/ NIGHT STALKER: Army builders or individuals?

I'm curious to know how the fans feel about Stridor and Night Stalker. I had Stridor in the 80's, and I thought of him as an individual character-beast. There was a Filmation episode about Stridor, right?

However, with the PALACE GUARDS and a promising future for some kind of Skeletor army, should we consider these mechanical horses as part of a legion? Or were/are they special as individual characters, similar to Battle Cat and Swifty?

Personally, I'll be thinking of these two as army builder items like the Wind Raider. How awesome would a group of Stridor horses look riding into battle with the Masters or the Palace guards? Would Night Stalker be cooler as a single item, assigned to just one of Skeletor's minions, or as an army builder with Skeletor's army?

If/when these two get included in the MOTUC, how many of each will you hope to buy?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I consider them both. They're individual characters in an army of mechanical horses, though Night Stalker might be the only one the Evil Warriors have, maybe they stole him and reprogrammed him or something. I'm sure they both have a few origin stories, like you say Filmation did one on Stridor.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    While there may be an army of horses that are the same model as Stridor, I like the Filmation idea that Stridor himself became alive through his part in defeating Morgoth.

Night Stalker, I can see more as just an army of evil horses based on Stridor.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Individuals.

I couldnt afford it otherwise!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Individuals.

I couldnt afford it otherwise!
    But ya gotta admit that pic of the army looks pretty awesome!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I consider them individual characters, and even if it's only in the way that they are just one of a model, Like R2D2, but they have individual names and personality.

So the boxed figure is a unique character, but I would accept if someone bought a number of them to have multiple mounts. But only one of them would be the "actual" named horse cyborg robot thing.

I prefer to think of them as individuals; especially because I don't even want to consider the space they would take if army built. Being a joe collector; I am prone to do such things with figures and vehicles. I have boxes of hiss tanks. I dont need boxes mech horses too.

I had never given it much thought, but since you asked...I see them as individuals. I had never seen a pic like the one you posted though with a calvarfy of Stridors. That made me see him as a model of cyber horses, but still an individual.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

wow the most impressive thing about that picture are the robots on the right? what are they? is there already a support thread or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    wow the most impressive thing about that picture are the robots on the right? what are they? is there already a support thread or what?
    Here's the thread for them mate:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209255
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Snappy Threader
    I like them as individuals, though as Army builders they could easily warrant how Night Stalker came to be stolen and reprogrammed like Faker was.....

Great picture 13977! Never seen that before.

I consider them to be individual beasts. And also feel it'd be too costly as army builders!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Individuals, Fisto in Stridor and Jitsu in Night Stalker.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    individual would be the most appropriate.
    I would want just one of each myself.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I chose individual. But on second thought, maybe there should be a lot of him. It would make better sense. The Filmation Stridor prototype would be the "sentient" individual. Even though more robotic horses that look just like him were used in other episodes (A Tale of Two Cities).

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    I prefer to think of them as individuals; especially because I don't even want to consider the space they would take if army built. Being a joe collector; I am prone to do such things with figures and vehicles. I have boxes of hiss tanks. I dont need boxes mech horses too.
    Lol. Seems that you and I share a lot in common. It also seems no one wants Stridor and Nightstalker considered troop-builders solely due to cost and space.