Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Ro's stones: Red, Green, and Purple Power Stones

Widget

He-Ro's stones: Red, Green, and Purple Power Stones

Can anyone explain to me the difference among these three SDCC versions?

Will most people be trying to get all three or just one? Are colors given out randomly?

Thanks,
    Prince Adam

Power stones???

Heroic Warrior
    You can't tell which one you have if it's MOC.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    All I know is that I really am hoping for a purple stone. If I don't get purple, though, no biggie.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    check the older news on Matty.com
    They explain the different colored "Spell Stones" (a nice nod to the Filmation series)

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    All I know is that I really am hoping for a purple stone. If I don't get purple, though, no biggie.
    I'm hoping for Green. I think somebody should set up an office "let's trade he-ro thread" for the people willing to trade to get the color they want.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    According to Matty

Spell of Protection......Green Spell Stone
    Spell of Defense......Red Spell Stone
    Spell of Healing......Purple Spell Stone

I think that one of them was supposed to be quite common (red possibly not sure) while the other 2 were a bit rarer.

Heroic Warrior
    Doesn't matter to me which one I get. Honestly I don't really care for any of the "colors" I think it would have looked cooler clear or prismaticy

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatyrant View Post
    According to Matty

Spell of Protection......Green Spell Stone
    Spell of Defense......Red Spell Stone
    Spell of Healing......Purple Spell Stone

I think that one of them was supposed to be quite common (red possibly not sure) while the other 2 were a bit rarer.
    Green will be the common, as it was the 1987 prototype's color.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I could really care less so long as I get 1 He-Ro figure.

I can get over the stones.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm glad that green is most common... it's the color that I want the most. I plan to order 3 He-Ros... I will keep 1 MOC and open the other 2 in hopes of getting at least 1 variant stone. I know the odds are against it, which is why I'm not going to order a ton of He-Ros, but I'd at least like to try. I would like to get the red one if at all possible as my second one. Knowing my luck the one that I will keep MOC will have one of the rare spell stones.

Too bad there aren't 4 more different colors of Spell Stones for a total of 7. Then if you collect them all, He-Ro's whole body could change to a bright glowing golden-yellow color, and he would become Super-He-Ro.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Green will be the common, as it was the 1987 prototype's color.
    That works for me; the green goes along well with the old idea of He-Ro's "natural magic."

Now watch me get a purple one because I'd prefer the green (and, no, I ain't buying a half dozen just to get a specific color).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think the Spell Stones are all actually just one stone that turns different colors depending on the kind of spell that it is casting. So only one kind of spell can be active at one time.

I think the stones eventually reach a point where all of the spells can be active at one time - which means a fullness of color - which means that the spell stone turns white, and will end up becoming the stone in She-Ra's sword - which explains why she has healing powers and why her sword is called the Sword of Protection and can turn into a shield.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I hope to get all of the stone colors at SDCC. I also want a Matty edition (sans logo) He-Ro. Hopefully I can get all of that and help out as many other Orgers as I can in the process of searching...

Don't flood my inbox, though. Several friends have already contacted me, and I fear some will be disappointed as it is. My stay in San Diego is going to be shorter than anticipated.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Ditto that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I'm hoping for Green. I think somebody should set up an office "let's trade he-ro thread" for the people willing to trade to get the color they want.
    That's a good idea actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Too bad there aren't 4 more different colors of Spell Stones for a total of 7. Then if you collect them all, He-Ro's whole body could change to a bright glowing golden-yellow color, and he would become Super-He-Ro.
    loving the Sonic reference!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That works for me; the green goes along well with the old idea of He-Ro's "natural magic."

Now watch me get a purple one because I'd prefer the green (and, no, I ain't buying a half dozen just to get a specific color).
    If I can get a he-ro and you get purple and I get green I'd GLADLY trade.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    This gave me a strange vision of He-Ro having to change out his spell stone between casting, as if he wasn't capable of conjuring any spell at will. I guess he blocks with his sword while he digs another out of his pocket?

I think I like green too, but would liked them to be something other than white mage stones. Like a time stone and stuff, idunno, something. I mean, not a lot of deference between protection and defense, with healing is not too far behind. I guess the sword handles everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think the Spell Stones are all actually just one stone that turns different colors depending on the kind of spell that it is casting...
    I like this description a lot, but why then different names you think?

Edit: I went back and looked at it, maybe they just capped the Spell Stone bit is all, 'cause I think you're right and they weren't overly careful with it.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; July 16, 2009 at 09:50pm.

I'm not to happy about these different stone variants simple because you wont know till you open it. Plus,.... in order to get all the stone colors you would have to buy alot of them which to me sucks.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I'm not to happy about these different stone variants simple because you wont know till you open it. Plus,.... in order to get all the stone colors you would have to buy alot of them which to me sucks.
    I'm not happy about ANYTHING that is designed to make an already limited number of figures sell out FASTER. Like people buying 10 in hopes they get all the colors.

They sell out to fast as it is.

High five here my friend. I totally agree its crap if you ask me on what they are doing with the stones and this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm not happy about ANYTHING that is designed to make an already limited number of figures sell out FASTER. Like people buying 10 in hopes they get all the colors.

They sell out to fast as it is.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I´m hoping for a green spell stone, but most of all im hoping for a well painted figure and for a figure with right foot and a left foot

I want the green one as well, it just looks right, plus it's my favorite color and accurate to the prototype. The red one isn't so bad, but I really just don't like the purple one.

I am of the consensus of I just want one He-Ro, regardless of the Spell Stone colour

He-Ro's stones

Here's what they are for, but what does it mean?

(Healing one is easy it heals people, but the other 2 aren't they the same)

Or does defense mean blast - being it's red I could see it being used as a death ray type thing, where as green being like a shield generator.

I wish it was more clear, like RED - Offensive Blaster. So I guess the only one that really throws me is the red, is it for attacking or just another shield like green?

(I have a 4th one glow in the dark too, but is's homemade so I can't count it in this question):

In my story the glow one lights up the way for He-Ro and when swung hard it throws it's power like a street fighter fire ball at someone.

WOAH! Triple Wainbow!

He-Ro gem question

hey all not sure if this has been asked yet but witch gem is more sort after and can you can tell in a moc He-Ro. or is it just luck cause im considering buying a sdcc version any advice would be much appreciated thanks cade

I believe you can find out which stone it is if you shine a flash light through the top of the package toward the staff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app