Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle - when will we know?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Castle - when will we know?

Hey guys,

Quick update as we head into the final wee hours of the night for the presale.

We re close, but not there yet. So if you are still on the fence or looking to prebuy the castle, I'll hit the ask matty forum tonight for any last min questions that could tip you over! ;-)

Also, we may not know exactly tomorrow AM the results. It looks like a few fans have placed what we would call "bulk" orders for the Castle. Quite a few are from well known existing customers, but a few are folks we don't know. So to ensure our quota is correct, customer service will send out a courtesy email and if needed phone call just to verify some large quota orders. If you do receive a call or email like this, it will help a ton if you can just verify that yes, you did intend to place a large quota order.

It is fantastic to have a few of these as it may mean the difference between going forward and not. But if they are not true, we'd hate for orders like that to push us down into the "can't make it" zone. So please bare with us as we reach out to these customers to ensure these orders are legit and we can know for sure if we are in the "can make it" zone!

We'll have results as soon as we can! I hope we are there, I really do!

Scott

Awesome! Thanks for the Update TG! It is always appreciated!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    So you are suspecting fraud?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque

maybe we can get a couple of these guys...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    So you are suspecting fraud?
    I hope not... I dont want jokers risking me getting MY... erm.. OUR Snake Mountains! Ya, our!

But I know of a few from here TG that did place some bulk orders.

Alot are in the preorder thread for easy reference.
    Last edited by Replikor; November 12, 2012 at 10:40pm.

I need popcorn for this movie, god I hope this will make it. I really hope there is no fraud.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Ok everyone on the fence, now or never! Let's get this baby made. I have no doubt Castle Grayskull will be the coolest playset ever created! It will be the crown jewel of every collection!

Just imagine the detail that the 4H will put into this sculpt! I hope anyone who wants CG, but has been wavering, will finally decide it is worth seeing this come to life! This is really a chance for us fans to do something awesome for the franchise we love!

We are all fans here, lets put our differences aside and go all in for our favorite sculptors, our favorite toyline and for each other, not to mention all our kids who will get to cherish this piece of art for years to come!

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!

Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

What's the percentage we're at currently?

Snappy Threader
    Thanks for the update TG!

Thanks for letting us know we may not get an instant answer on this Scott. I will remain hopeful and look forward to seeing how awesome this is going to translate into 3D once the Four Horsemen get the green light

My fingers are crossed for this!!! To come so close and then miss the minimum by such a short amount would be crushing!!

Here's hoping for good news in a few days.
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

Really hoping. We're all grateful for your work TG.

Thanks for the update, Scott. I just posted a new blog post with my latest custom (Classcis Skeletor in MYP/200X style) that just so happens to pimp the looming pre-order deadline as well. Then I tweeted it and posted it on non-MOTU boards just in case there are some casual fans who forgot the deadline. Hopefully, with all our efforts, we can bring this one home. Here's the post if anyone is interested in reading / seeing the pics. I like to think of it as a firm-handed soft-sell.

http://insidiouscustoms.blogspot.com...on-figure.html

It would be nice if the meter had moved at least somewhat today- even sans those questionable bulk orders there must have been SOME movement- but instead we see nadda. Even though I know many have been furiously placing orders all day today, no movement (or very little). Seems kind of questionable and plays into why so many fans point the finger at Mattel on different occasions and say "scare tactics". C'mon, give it to us straight. We're all adults here Scott.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    We have a few large orders we need to vet to ensure they are legit before moving the meter. The last thing we want is to announce "we made it" only tonfind out a large order was not true and have to cancel. Hopefully no one is being a Stinkor and ruining it for the rest of us. Just waiting for those who placed large orders to return our emails and calls verifying their order before we update.

Heroic Warrior
    Shouldn't the site be able to detect if the cards are legit or not?

When I mis-entered my credit card number with spaces it said that's not a valid number.

Digital River has never been good, reliable service for the store.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

this is the sub drive all over again. . i would hope if we did meet the quota they would be truthful and let us know. . interesting how it came down to the wire yet again.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    maybe we can get a couple of these guys... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8N800bP-R4
    I don't get what was so funny to them. They paid the place $20 for a joke.

Anyway, it'll make it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    this is the sub drive all over again. . i would hope if we did meet the quota they would be truthful and let us know. . interesting how it came down to the wire yet again.
    I mean you gotta say though this drive went really well considering we had hardly any notice and it was like what 24 days. We knew to expect a sub. Hopefully we can get a full 30 days on Snake Mountain. WINK WINK TOYGURU.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Yes, very interesting! Amazing how no one saw it coming either (except those who predicted it )
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

I'm just hoping that the "large orders" are re-seller stores like BBTS, EE, etc picking up a few for re-sale.

Also, I just realized that my one CG I ordered could (as long as this thing gets green lit) help a new USS Flagg get made! You HAVE to know Hasbro is watching this to see if it could help them pull off a similar endeavor.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    I'm just hoping that the "large orders" are re-seller stores like BBTS, EE, etc picking up a few for re-sale.

Also, I just realized that my one CG I ordered could (as long as this thing gets green lit) help a new USS Flagg get made! You HAVE to know Hasbro is watching this to see if it could help them pull off a similar endeavor.
    I'm with you on this bro, i am hoping Hasbro is paying attention and considers a pre-order for a USS FLAGG!!!

As we enter literally the last hour for this pre-order, I wanted to share these promotional videos I made to help convince anyone out there who's still not sure about committing to such a high-priced item. But don't take my word for it... take SKELETOR's!!!

Still not convinced? Well, here's TRI-KLOPS to do the job!!!

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    As we enter literally the last hour for this pre-order, I wanted to share these promotional videos I made to help convince anyone out there who's still not sure about committing to such a high-priced item. But don't take my word for it... take SKELETOR's!!!

Still not convinced? Well, here's TRI-KLOPS to do the job!!!
    Well, I personally appreciated it very much that you took time to make these promotional video's to help the sales drive along!

Heroic Warrior
    So please bare with us
    Hum... are you sure you want us to undress and go naked !?