Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Castle - when will we know?

Advertising is the art of emotional manipulation, so the meter succeeds. Not only does it rev up the drama, but it engages us to advertise as well! I know I've been FB'ing and Tweeting to try to get a few more people to pre-order! So, why would they stop? Assuming we hit our goal, even barely, the meter has not only served to show us where we are, but has engaged us to push further. So, really, it's possible we might've missed our goal if not for that meter! It's all connected.

The reason they didn't update the thermometer is because they want to verify the bulk orders that have come in. If some of them aren't legitimate it may keep them from hitting the minimum. If they had updated the thermometer and we were over the minimum then they had to retract that, it would not be pretty. I can see why they are being cautious the last couple days here.

waits to hear someone ordered 5000 castles on 5 credit cards they had opened just to turn around and cancel. :'(
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The reason they didn't update the thermometer is because they want to verify the bulk orders that have come in. If some of them aren't legitimate it may keep them from hitting the minimum. If they had updated the thermometer and we were over the minimum then they had to retract that, it would not be pretty. I can see why they are being cautious the last couple days here.
    Fair enough, but they could have simply excluded those 'questionable' bulk orders and instead included only the legit ones and the meter still should have moved. I'm merely looking at the historical data which shows a stead daily up tick. One would think logically that on the final day those orders should be occuring even moreso and if not huge leaps at least a steady upwards movement. Naturally I don't have those sales numbers in front of me, but again simple logic says something stinks in the state of Matty that the thermo didn't move at all on the final day, the big day (if you will).

But alas, I hate endless complaining over things I can't fix. So I'll just say, going forward I hope we hit at least the minimum so we can put this topic to rest.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

The pre order is Currently Unavailable... :-/

^They must have just barely taken it down. I saw it still up about 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I agree with your sentiment of 'I hope we get it', but I don't agree that the end justifies the means. If we reached the minimum number a week ago, as you suggest, than Matty/Scott has been spending that time misleading us by saying things like "Almost there. C'mon, let's do this!". Surely you don't think that's a reputable thing to do?! I sure don't! As for your question... "Who cares?"... well, I care. I'd rather they just, you know, be honest. And what about the people who have posted (some on THIS very forum) stating they have financial issues but really want CG to be made, so they've ordered multiples to help "safe teh castle"... I'm sure they care!
    Yikes! You're reading WAY too much into my post. Let's just calm down and wait and see how this all pans out.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

It's in The Goddess's hands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Fair enough, but they could have simply excluded those 'questionable' bulk orders and instead included only the legit ones and the meter still should have moved. I'm merely looking at the historical data which shows a stead daily up tick. One would think logically that on the final day those orders should be occuring even moreso and if not huge leaps at least a steady upwards movement. Naturally I don't have those sales numbers in front of me, but again simple logic says something stinks in the state of Matty that the thermo didn't move at all on the final day, the big day (if you will).

But alas, I hate endless complaining over things I can't fix. So I'll just say, going forward I hope we hit at least the minimum so we can put this topic to rest.
    To me it is an excuse - bulk orders should have been questioned and confirmed within 24 hours of receipt. They have the staff and resources to do it. Talk about throwing out the risk of dissapointment. I agree with the previous posts they should have moved to a JAVA platform with real time updates and had those "bulk" orderes been confirmed or denied all this drama wouldnt be necessary because we would know where we are real time. While this add's to the excitement in a way - I also feel like it does damage to the core base - not everybody appreciates the dramatics.
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Re: Potential Marketing Manipulations...

Please listen to the most recent Roast Gooble Dinner podcast. Scott specifically says that he had hoped we would have hit the minimum right away. That way there would be statistical proof to bring to management to prove the demand for playsets. Unfortunately, this did not happen.

I believe that there is NO hanky panky going on here. We fans really want to believe the overwhelming demand is there, but the cold hard truth is that it may not be. Just look at the Ghostbusters fans. They are die hard and completely unwilling to accept the truth, though Matty has said over and over that the customer base is not large enough.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

cyber-assassin
    I can usually order what I want. I'm a big boy, but for $250, I DID have to let my wife know I was pre-ordering. Having said that, I know I can afford 1, I MIGHT be able to talk her into a second, but that involves weeks of trying to get her to agree. I ordered one and am working on a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I know! I totally agree... and yet, it's happened!!! Some people are fanatical about supporting this line, even if they can't afford to! Scary stuff!
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    The pre order is Currently Unavailable... :-/
    Come on guys. If Matty is going to hold up the final count at least let people still preorder. You would think they would want this to sell right ? I mean we campaign and there is no outlet for those folks they might not be back. Most of those who have not preordered are on the fence and it was hard enough to get them to that page. Color me Frustrated.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by faker32828 View Post
    I can usually order what I want. I'm a big boy, but for $250, I DID have to let my wife know I was pre-ordering.
    Me too. In the case of CG, I pre-ordered and my GF said, "Good. I'll be paying for it. Merry Christmas '13."

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Re: Potential Marketing Manipulations...
    I believe that there is NO hanky panky going on here. We fans really want to believe the overwhelming demand is there, but the cold hard truth is that it may not be. Just look at the Ghostbusters fans. They are die hard and completely unwilling to accept the truth, though Matty has said over and over that the customer base is not large enough.
    I'm not even talking about overwhelming demand, Kowl. I'm talking about 'real time' numbers that show some measure of up tick in correspondence to the orders actually coming in. Doesn't feel like too much to ask. Again, no huge bounces of the blood-o-meter were expected (it would have been nice, but if it's not true then I don't want to see it), just 'mostly' real time would have been fine. But we saw nothing, nadda, zilch, zip... which is no bueno and completely out of step with what we had been seeing up until yesterday. Any reasonably astute fan should at the very least arch an eyebrow at that.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Yeah have not told my Wife about my two castles. She don't care as long as I can fund them.

Oh and what Scott said on gobble. I am still surprised that they think that as adult collectors we work on the same impulses as say a 5 year old at Toys R us. I mean we have grown to look at everything, materials used even and cost and the whole nine. I would bet that 90 percent of the last minute buyers were stuck in a personal tug of war with it due to DR and cost/shipping and so on despite the fact it is a year down the road. If this thing were 4-5 lbs and 100 bucks and there was no history of wrong triceps and blastic we would probably have sold it out in 1 week or less (since people have to talk to spouses usually). But this is a serious investment and needs more than 5 minutes consideration. I am hopeful still we get this beautiful dream piece but I am floored when in this economy even a year out that Scott and Co would think that they would sell a 250 dollar piece that quickly. Honestly, When was the last time they sold a 250 dollar piece in retail or anywhere. I mean Eternia was one and I am not sure does anyone know how many pieces approximately sold on that one? I mean I would say this is near the level of buying an eternia in the 80s. Would you agree?
    Last edited by audman; November 13, 2012 at 10:53am.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yikes! You're reading WAY too much into my post. Let's just calm down and wait and see how this all pans out.
    True but what is unfair is that there are people who cannot afford 2 of them that now feel pressured into buying an additional out of desperation - and what is worse is that this is being done on such hard economic times. If you ask me that is abuse of the fan base - I know just because someone leaves a door open that doesnt mean we have to walk through it and in the end we are all responsible for our own actions but when you are talking $250 a pop around Christmas next year it really isnt very considerate of the fans either. I think that is why everybody is concerned and well yea complaining about how this is being handled. There are more effective ways of doing things. Besides even if we had hit minimum already - someone who really wanted the Castle would have bought it regardless. I dont think telling people the up to date numbers truthfully deters from someone ordering - however not doing so does imply manipulation and a lack of respect for the fans that have made this line possible. Why even give people the option to feel this way? Especially after we all voiced concerns about how the 2013 subs were handled. Does anybody actually think Scott and other Mattel exec's pays for their product? Highly doubt it - I believe they get it for free or nearly free as a perk and in the end their enjoyment of the toys is all possible because of us. Just food for thought...
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

I don't get waiting to verify that the bulk orders are legit? Don't get me wrong I would never do this but the card doesn't get charged until they ship...in late 2013. Today November 13, 2012...why yes Matty I intend to purchase all of the 103 CGs I ordered but said devious person still can cancel the Credit Card in September 2013.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    It'll get made. The point about checking bulk orders to make sure they're real tells me they've hit the mark. They just have to check them out. I guess the bulk orders from unknown buyers could fowl this up but I doubt it. Even if we come up a little short they've got to throw us a line here with a little extra time or something. This is too big a deal to come this far and scrap it...that's why I think we'll get there even if its just at the line. And even if there were some jailbound moron with 17 credit cards running up a nice tab out there I'm sure they could unload their stock over time.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Chewer of Trollans
    It did finally just get listed as currently unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    I'm just hoping that the "large orders" are re-seller stores like BBTS, EE, etc picking up a few for re-sale.

Also, I just realized that my one CG I ordered could (as long as this thing gets green lit) help a new USS Flagg get made! You HAVE to know Hasbro is watching this to see if it could help them pull off a similar endeavor.
    I know for a fact that BBTS has as of yesterday that is....110 PO's left for CG....I looked just to be curious, so they either placed a huge amount of orders, or they were waiting until today to put in what they already had....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

PREORDERS for the Castle Grayskull HAVE CLOSED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    PREORDERS for the Castle Grayskull HAVE CLOSED!!!

So...does that mean we failed? I thought if we hit the mark pre-orders stay open?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Oh, this is total garbage! Even if the thermometer didn't move much since last update, by all indications we are within striking distance of the minimum... Mattel is a friggin toy company that makes toys, why should they be so completely obtuse about an item like this? Like I said before, if this doesn't get made Matty can point a bony finger right back at themselves.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    dyin to know here as well. Busted my butt for days to help rally the troops. I am personally excited to see where we stand right now.
    I'm waiting for the results as well, Reppy. Want to know if my meal will be ready!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I know for a fact that BBTS has as of yesterday that is....110 PO's left for CG....I looked just to be curious, so they either placed a huge amount of orders, or they were waiting until today to put in what they already had....
    This may be a dumb question... but why would someone want to order one through BBTS and pay more instead of doing it directly through Matty.
    I understand how BBTS makes sense for figures, but how does it makes sense for this playset?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella