Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Castle - when will we know?

Seriously:
    If Los Angeles alone has more subs than the whole of Germany, and we already sold 350 TOD Sorceresses at Grayskull Con, I again have to assume that LA alone holds approximatly 500 subs. And there are several really big cities in the US, right? 20 maybe? 30? Even more?

Again, unless someone proves me wrong, I will stick to the fact that 10.000 units was and most propably still IS the minimum quota for Mattel.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Of course only Scott knows, but I'd be VERY surprised in the 2013 subscription # was only around 750/800.
    There are probably a lot of non-ORG buyers out there. I'd guess at least 1,500, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I know where itīs coming from. I posted and read in that thread, too. But that number is, as I mentioned, ridiculously too low for Mattel to even think about starting the machines.
    Yes, Bjorn, but I think the point is that if we here on the org represent about 10% of the market for MOTUC, then that should be consistent, so if we ordered 800, we can extrapolate that the overall sales are about 8000. I just made up those numbers to illustrate my point, but you see what I'm saying. I think sales here should be a good measure of sales overall.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I know buddy. I know!

I didnīt mean to pick up that number specifically, but wanted to address the fact that ALL those numbers were too low. And yeah, I realize that number was only meant to be a percentage-indicator for the total.
    Positivity, folks!

You can't just say 'the numbers are too low', you have to take the cost into consideration. $250 is a hefty sum. It's likely based off what they estimate they can sell, which is probably a much lower number than what some of you are saying.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I hear ya bud.... double bad for me, as I worked so hard trying to advertise for this to go thru for us all. So now I feel like I might have just let everyone down after working everyone up an getting them so excited about it... hoping we will still hear good news tho.
    Dude, everyone here is grown up and most of us are around their 30`s... An adult can take it...

Grayskull will cost considerably more to produce than the average figure, wouldnīt you agree?
    Positivity, folks!

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Seriously:
    If Los Angeles alone has more subs than the whole of Germany, and we already sold 350 TOD Sorceresses at Grayskull Con, I again have to assume that LA alone holds approximatly 500 subs. And there are several really big cities in the US, right? 20 maybe? 30? Even more?

Again, unless someone proves me wrong, I will stick to the fact that 10.000 units was and most propably still IS the minimum quota for Mattel.
    Good math! I'm convinced.
    Only 6 more that need updating:

Gwildor
    Ninjor, Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

Widget
    Who knows? This is all just speculation.

As a lot already have, please carry on this conversation in the thread linked below:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ing-on-results
    Thanks.