Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle - when will we know?

I'm pretty sure the thermometers are always just for show, considering nothing that had one ever failed to go through (even the DC Infinite Earths thing). So I think the Castle is fine, it will be made regardless of the exact number of preorders. The meter is a good way to make fans feel that it's urgent to order one, meaning more preorders for Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if it made it weeks ago and all of this is just showboating from Scott to sucker in more sales.
    Wouldn't surprise me either...

Well, they should expect this kind of thing to happen and stuff like this didn't even entered in the numbers.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm pretty sure the thermometers are always just for show, considering nothing that had one ever failed to go through (even the DC Infinite Earths thing). So I think the Castle is fine, it will be made regardless of the exact number of preorders. The meter is a good way to make fans feel that it's urgent to order one, meaning more preorders for Mattel.
    The dc young justice two pack had a thermometer and only reached 80-90 percent. It failed. So it has and can happen again.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Fingers crossed! If it made enough sales last night or a week agowho cares? AS LONG AS WE GET IT!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The castle is fine, the campaigning threads were effective. Next year will be the "digital river is terrible" and "insert quality control issue here" threads.
    My post count just got bigger.

Just checked Mattys page for CG and you can still order it. But the thermometer hasnt moved yet at all though.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    The dc young justice two pack had a thermometer and only reached 80-90 percent. It failed. So it has and can happen again.
    Yeah, this has me concerned. But the fact that Toyguru said we are so close is a positive. My guess is that he is simply asking those that put in large orders to confirm, but that we are either really close or are actually over. But, you never know. Please confirm with Mattel your large orders! I want Castle Grayskull!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Wag the dog much, Scotty?

This is all BS they have a guaranteed X amount of dollars and for X amount of dollars you can make something that reflects the pencil drawing and foam core mock up ...they'd be stupid to pass on it, its just holding out for more money, they can easily make us a POS and get away with it because they havent even ...begun to design what we all paid for.
    Last edited by seth-man; November 13, 2012 at 08:18am.

You certainly will be able to preoder the castel before January 3rd 2013.

Why should they take down the preorder page?

If the cut of day was last night, then the only thing they have to do ist count all preorders up till then.

Why not let it run longer? Would make no sense to take down the preorder page, then realize that we made it and then going back online. If we really did not make it, they will take it down anyway and everything is canceled. So don't expect the preorder page to disappear before an official statement from TG (and also if negative)!

Guys...the minimum was met.

Think about it...if it wasn't met...why would they bother seeing if the bulk orders were legit?
    We hit the goal...and now they are verifying the bulk orders because if they're not legit, the number may drop below the minimum.

true!

YEAHHH It's inofficial, we made it

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Fingers crossed! If it made enough sales last night or a week ago…who cares? AS LONG AS WE GET IT!
    I agree with your sentiment of 'I hope we get it', but I don't agree that the end justifies the means. If we reached the minimum number a week ago, as you suggest, than Matty/Scott has been spending that time misleading us by saying things like "Almost there. C'mon, let's do this!". Surely you don't think that's a reputable thing to do?! I sure don't! As for your question... "Who cares?"... well, I care. I'd rather they just, you know, be honest. And what about the people who have posted (some on THIS very forum) stating they have financial issues but really want CG to be made, so they've ordered multiples to help "safe teh castle"... I'm sure they care!
    Last edited by Robzy; November 13, 2012 at 08:32am.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't get what was so funny to them. They paid the place $20 for a joke.

Anyway, it'll make it.
    That was the point--they're idiots. It shouldn't have been funny with them paying $20. And I agree, the Castle will be made. Too much money to turn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    And what about the people who have posted (some on THIS very forum) stating they have financial issues but really want CG to be made, so they've ordered multiples to help "safe teh castle"... I'm sure they care!
    If you problems financially then you shouldn't be ordering multiples of Grayskull. That is not a sensible thing to do, no matter how much you want the castle to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    If you problems financially then you shouldn't be ordering multiples of Grayskull. That is not a sensible thing to do, no matter how much you want the castle to be made.
    I know! I totally agree... and yet, it's happened!!! Some people are fanatical about supporting this line, even if they can't afford to! Scary stuff!
    Last edited by Robzy; November 13, 2012 at 08:53am.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like to just mention something.
    As many people that believe in the conspiracy that the evil company mattel/matty collector is suckering in as many sales as possible before they announce that it went through - keep in mind that the Young Justice figures didn't actually meet the minimum and are now never getting made (it made me sad because I tried pre-ordering them).
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Agreed - I am getting Dj-vu of the 2013 sub! I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but why is it that Matty always says we are so close through the final push? I mean would they really tell us in advance that we have hit it? This approach gives incentive for people to buy more under the threat of missing out and lets face it they are a corporation out to make money! Scott is a sales man before he's a MOTUC fan or friend to any of us - its his job. I also predict we will "SMASH" the numbers last minute just like the 2013 sub and Scott's gonna have another video with a party hat lol. Look I love the product, Scott's a cool guy, and honestly I am not complaining because regardless I want MOTUC and all the great things like Castle Grayskull to continue (no matter the ethical approach) but I gotta say this makes me wonder... THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM.....

PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Snappy Threader
    Well guys and gals, today is the day. When will we find out? Today? Tomorrow? In an hour? Three hours? One never knows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Well guys and gals, today is the day. When will we find out? Today? Tomorrow? In an hour? Three hours? One never knows!!!
    dyin to know here as well. Busted my butt for days to help rally the troops. I am personally excited to see where we stand right now.

As of orders from the org only, we hit within 35 orders of our sub numbers.

Mattel is out in California so they won't even be in the office for another hour or two. I'm sure we won't hear anything from Scott or see the meter move until they can verify the bulk orders that were placed. I would expect that it may be this afternoon or tomorrow before we know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Mattel is out in California so they won't even be in the office for another hour or two. I'm sure we won't hear anything from Scott or see the meter move until they can verify the bulk orders that were placed. I would expect that it may be this afternoon or tomorrow before we know for sure.
    ...I hate it when the truth sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    dyin to know here as well. Busted my butt for days to help rally the troops. I am personally excited to see where we stand right now.

As of orders from the org only, we hit within 35 orders of our sub numbers.
    You did a great job bud! Thanks!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Just checked Mattys page for CG and you can still order it. But the thermometer hasnt moved yet at all though.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed, but the thermometer didn't move AT ALL yesterday. As I mentioned (on pg 1 of this thread) the lack of corresponding movement on the thermometer in relation to actual sales- when we know orders must have been flooding in- creates a false negative that unnecessarily foments worry amongst fans. Why make the thermometer at all if you only plan to manipulate it and 'stall' it out at the last just to encourage more 'votes'? Oh wait, I think I just answered my own question. That really sucks Matty. In the past I've been an advocate of giving you the benefit of the doubt where the nearly useless thermometers are concerned, but I give up. You've more than demonstrated (to me at least) that you manipulate results to suit your own Machiavellian ends and encourage fans to pop in orders because they artificially believe that we may not make the deadline. This reeks of insincere marketing tactics and if in fact that is what's happening... shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Agreed - I am getting Dj-vu of the 2013 sub! I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but why is it that Matty always says we are so close through the final push? I mean would they really tell us in advance that we have hit it? This approach gives incentive for people to buy more under the threat of missing out and lets face it they are a corporation out to make money! Scott is a sales man before he's a MOTUC fan or friend to any of us - its his job. I also predict we will "SMASH" the numbers last minute just like the 2013 sub and Scott's gonna have another video with a party hat lol. Look I love the product, Scott's a cool guy, and honestly I am not complaining because regardless I want MOTUC and all the great things like Castle Grayskull to continue (no matter the ethical approach) but I gotta say this makes me wonder... THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM.....
    You're not one of the chronic whiners, so I take your comments as sincere and echo them. I'm all for saving Castle Grayskull. I even placed my order early so I could guarantee I get one. But when our malicious benefactor starts manipulating their thermometer to make it appear as if we "aren't quite there yet" (whether it's true or not) I get miffed and all of you should as well. I'm not saying rebel and call it quits on MOTUC, but I don't want to be counted among the sheeple either. I hate feeling like my emotions are being manipulated simply to wring out a few more dollars from an already strained budget.

My philosophy early on- if it happens, it happens and it was meant to be. I'm glad pre-orders on the Hoverboard encouraged Matty to give Grayskull a shot and I'm even more encouraged by the fact that they are pumping so much goodness into Grayskull, but this verschlungena thermometer is a bunch of hookum and I really hate it! I'm glad it exists to give us at least some measure of progress, but it's not real time even though this type of java technology has been available for years now. I say going forward the thermometer is either real time or don't bother. Anything else feels like emotional manipulation.
    Last edited by Stygian360; November 13, 2012 at 10:08am.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Agreed Stygian360. this is the 2013 subs all over. I ordered 1. wasn't gonna order any more than that. Knew the Castle was wanted enough to make it.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...