Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still waiting on results (UPDATE: Grayskull passes minimum needed!)

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Still waiting on results (UPDATE: Grayskull passes minimum needed!)

Moderator's note: Grayskull passes mininum needed! See link below:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...tion-goal-hit/

I know everyone is very eager to get results for the Castle. So are we. Essentially we are STILL waiting for a few fans/customers who bought a large number of Castles to return our calls/emails and verify their order. Without their orders we may not be at the min and due to the high number of units bought by these customers we need to verify by phone these orders are legit (I have no reason to assume otherwise, but we need to check).

So please, if you recieved an email or call from CS in the last few days asking to verify your order, PLEASE return our call and let us know your order is for real. This is holding up any announcement about whether or not we can move forward.

Thanks!

TG

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Dying to get those results - here is hoping Mattel gets confirmation today! Let's get those results - DYING HERE!

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you're on pins and needles as much as we are!

Thanks very much for keeping us in the loop Toy Guru!

We all appreciate it!

So if that's what's holding us from knowing, then we must've hit the minimum WITH those orders. They just need to verify that they're real, as losing them may make us go below the minimum. If we didn't hit the min WITH those orders, there would be no need to verify them, right?

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I need to go get a D&D coffee...let's see if we have an answer by the time I get back. Everyone, put in your orders, I'm leaving soon.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Without their orders we may not be at the min and due to the high number of units bought by these customers we need to verify by phone these orders are legit
    Well damn Houdini, Why dont you find Einstein and add up all your orders excluding your "bulk" orders and see if it matches or exceeds your minimum order.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Best to confirm the orders now rather than wait and get a nasty surprise down the line. Much as I want to know the verdict, I understand the delay. It does seem a hopeful sign, though; if the number including the big orders isn't sufficient to at least argue for the castle to be made, I can't see them taking the time and effort to confirm said orders.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Thank you for keeping us informed as beat you can TG!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    So if that's what's holding us from knowing, then we must've hit the minimum WITH those orders. They just need to verify that they're real, as losing them may make us go below the minimum. If we didn't hit the min WITH those orders, there would be no need to verify them, right?
    This is what it sounds like to me!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

This will be me if we make it.

It’s clear that these “bulk” orders have pushed us over the minimum. So they just need to verify that they’re the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Well damn Houdini, Why dont you find Einstein and add up all your orders excluding your "bulk" orders and see if it matches or exceeds your minimum order.
    Hey Chris Angel, obviously they've done that and without the bulk orders they don't meet the minimum.

It sucks that we're at the bare minimum and depending on these few big orders... I was expecting a spike on this above the minimum to guarantee the Castle and maybe some extra items...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Surely if people had ordered a large amount of units, they would be on it like a car bonnet and returned calls and emails by now. Call me a cynic but what's to stop people registering a fake card and putting through 100 or so orders? Either to see the castle go through or for trolling purposes. After all cards weren't authorised to take out the money or check the funds were available. If those don't come up as legitimite then the dream may well be over
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

ditto...but folk on FB are crying they didnt have enough time to order..OR they are waiting till the re open per-orders.. !!!!!!!!!!!! i just dont understand that at all...

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    lets get this done so we can get onto snake mountain
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    After all cards weren't authorised to take out the money or check the funds were available. If those don't come up as legitimite then the dream may well be over
    Actually the cards were authorized at the time you placed your pre-order, they just dropped the charge right away so it didn't hit your account as anything other than a pending charge.

I sure hope a few "Trolls" haven't ruined it. I would have preferred to just know straight away if the pre-order didn't go through, rather than have to wait like this.

LOL this makes me think of all those times orgers have tried & tried to get in touch with CS to have an important issue resolved. Well Matty, how do YOU like it?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    LOL this makes me think of all those times orgers have tried & tried to get in touch with CS to have an important issue resolved. Well Matty, how do YOU like it?

Good point.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I need to go get a D&D coffee...
    Dungeons and Dragons make coffee?

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

So Mattle has a Delorean with a fully functional Flux Capacitor and can travel into the future to December 2013 and verify that the cards that all the bulk orders were placed with are still active? Because that is the only way I can see that one would be able to verify an order is legit on November 13, 2012 for a order that will not be charged to a Credit Card until December 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No...
    Dunk AND Donuts

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    ditto...but folk on FB are crying they didnt have enough time to order..OR they are waiting till the re open per-orders.. !!!!!!!!!!!! i just dont understand that at all...

What is annoying to me is that if we are like at 90 percent they should keep preorders open and they should allow this to go on. It is clear that they will recoup the money invested at this point. With people getting closer to xmas and come into more money there will be even more preorders. I really believe we got this done already. Just the logic I guess eludes me due to not having all the info.

I am hopeing that the DR customer service actually follows through reaching out. If it is anything like getting shipping issues resolved then this is going to take to 2013 just to get cleared up.
    Last edited by audman; November 13, 2012 at 12:36pm.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,