Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Still waiting on results (UPDATE: Grayskull passes minimum needed!)

Show me one He-Man fan that has panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Show me one He-Man fan that has panicked.
    Looks around the board and you will notice a few dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    ... Sell to Disney.

... And how much this line is worth you think for Disney to take a shot at, especially after Mattel's inept treatments?
    Anyhow, Disney is taking over almost everything nowadays and I won't be surprised if MOTU becomes a Disney property to be honest with you, probably they'll treat it with some respect after all...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post

... And how much this line is worth you think for Disney to take a shot at, especially after Mattel's inept treatments?
    Anyhow, Disney is taking over almost everything nowadays and I won't be surprised if MOTU becomes a Disney property to be honest with you, probably they'll treat it with some respect after all...
    We could only hope that Disney acquires this property. Completely agree. Look at what they have done with Marvel.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Court Magician
    c'mon..relax. I think they were always gonna build a castle. All this was probably to generate sales. If there was any minimum, they hit it and that Toyguru guy is just waiting to announce on some goofy video..which takes time to film, post etc...

Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    c'mon..relax. I think they were always gonna build a castle. All this was probably to generate sales. If there was any minimum, they hit it and that Toyguru guy is just waiting to announce on some goofy video..which takes time to film, post etc...
    Like I said before, I am pretty sure we made the goal ages ago and Scott is just holding back the thermometer to cause a bit of a panic on the desperate and get them to buy more castles. All these 'verifying last minute bulk orders' nonsense smells like BS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's too much to wait for confirmation for something you've waited 30 years for?

If it doesn't go through, I'll cancel my card just in case it does go through later.
    I haven't waited 30 years for this, its nice but its not my life's dream lol. Just another few cards short of a full deck at Mattel. In fact they've been riding off their 4H trump card for ages now. I wonder how many people saw the "currently unavailable" as a confirmation of sorts that the castle def had not gone through and began to call in to cancel? How many more preorders could we have gotten in by now?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    You kind of answered yourself there. As Scott explained it, they need to know now if it's feasible so they can begin sculpting in order to have it ready in time. Keeping the pre-order open is simply to allow them to get more orders in but that's a matter of how many they make with the mold. What we're waiting for now is if they have done enough to go ahead and make the mold. Scott said on the COTFO podcast that he believes if they hit around 97% or so they'll probably go ahead as it's almost a given the rest would be made up in the extra time.
    So that was actually the case after all. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    We could only hope that Disney acquires this property. Completely agree. Look at what they have done with Marvel.
    Yeah, could you imagine Mikey-Mouse is holding a light-saber in one hand and the Power-Sword in the other?! That it'll be the day...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Like I said before, I am pretty sure we made the goal ages ago and Scott is just holding back the thermometer to cause a bit of a panic on the desperate and get them to buy more castles. All these 'verifying last minute bulk orders' nonsense smells like BS to me.
    that might hold true If the preorder page was still open during this time.. but it has been closed for many hours now.

I think the delay now is Mattel giving ppl a 24-72 hour window to reply an verify they placed a valid preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I wonder how many people saw the "currently unavailable" as a confirmation of sorts that the castle def had not gone through and began to call in to cancel? How many more preorders could we have gotten in by now?
    Probably a few thousand. Nobody orders the first 3 weeks. It's always after the pre-order ends.