Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting on results (UPDATE: Grayskull passes minimum needed!)

A few hundred suspicious votes is considered the greatest run election in history in Florida.

lol, this wait is killin me... lol

Heroic Warrior
    Oh. My. God. We are still waiting? BEcause they can't get confirmation on orders? Not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    And why should a big corporation like Mattel take that risk based on a tiny online line like this? . It's been hours, just wait and relax.
    Take what risk? The same risk that they take during sub period in July where fans offer up their cc info and promise to pay monthly for sub items? Seems like the same process that this pre-order is based on, so why overtly question the reputability of bulk orders on any order different than you would onsey-twosey orders? I just don't get the logic. I know Matty wants to fool-proof their losses on this, but again if a fan were inclined to dump his 52 Grayskull order as soon as confirmation of the sub going through is made, he/she has essentially shot that whole plan to heck because Matty can always turn right around and cry foul, pulling the plug. Granted that would be a crappy move on their part, but anyone who has dealt with DR before knows crappy moves aren't out of the realm of possibility.

At this point I just want to know one way or the other... even if that appears impatient to some.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

You don't think they check for fraud during sub orders and blindly take orders? This is the first time Scott has said anything about it.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I'll make you a deal, extend the deadline for pre-order, and I'll order another one. Seriously, I will.

Heroic Warrior
    Why do they not know by now? Just seems odd if you ask me.

And honestly why can't Mattel just extend the deadlines? Even if it means a delay, why not? We're already set to wait over a year. Not like a couple more months would kill us.

This line has already faced delays before.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Snappy Threader
    Werid that is is taking this long.....

Bring on the results you bone head
    Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Well, Scott said why. They need to confirm that several bulk orders are real and the delay is because they aren't getting responses from those people. So, that's all pretty clear to most of us and makes perfect sense given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Why do they not know by now? Just seems odd if you ask me.
    Maybe they couldn't reach some of those people. They might be out for work, in a different time zone, etc.

In any case, if the tweet was right, we would have seen something by now. It can't take thāt long to edit a simple video message.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I really don't get it, if Mattel wanted to extend the pre-order until Jan 2013 if the minimum order was met on Nov12th, why don't they just keep it open until that January date?!!!
    Unless of course they wanna make sure that building a Prototype is feasible enough before yesterday's date! Either way, they're taking the cheapest approach with their uncanny logistics...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I don't like to be a chicken-little, the-sky-is-fallingtype guy, but if the tally was so close that these orders are making all the difference, and they're still trying to figure out whether they're real or not, well, I have a feeling that we might not be seeing the castle. Bummer
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    And why should a big corporation like Mattel take that risk based on a tiny online line like this? . It's been hours, just wait and relax.
    No risk, no reward. A big company like Mattel can afford to take a hit for He-Man esp. when they're serious enough to try to make a movie... but lets be honest... they're not an entertainment company.

So big company, little line... but its way too much a risk a relatively small amount of money?

Sell to Disney.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    lol, this wait is killin me... lol
    You and me both!
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Heroic Warrior
    I get the feeling Mattel doesn't want to break the bad news to us and they are trying to make some sort of consolation prize.

For our pre-orders we will end get the cardboard mock-ups from the video!

-CM Punk

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    They are probably waiting for those folks which they left messages for to call back. Basically how many people work so they are not sitting by the phone. We would be lucky at this rate to know today. my guess is we will know the 16th around the time for the matty collector forums to go down.

I am still waiting on slimer from my consolation for gb. I am going to remain hopeful that this will be good. But we have to expect if they are calling businesses or people and waiting for responses we might be waiting a bit. I am wondering if they are going to cancel the order if the people do not respond or just let it go forward anyhow if they do not get htrough to the buyer.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Well, Scott said why. They need to confirm that several bulk orders are real and the delay is because they aren't getting responses from those people. So, that's all pretty clear to most of us and makes perfect sense given the circumstances.
    Oh I know. The suspense is thick. Just getting antsy.

Heroic Warrior
    Each "line" is its own little business. It is a giant company, yes. But it is made up of other businesses each of which must be profitable. Of course they cannot do things for he-man or he-man fans that are too costly or not smart economically because it would create a precedent that would infect other lines. C'mon people. Good business is good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    No risk, no reward. A big company like Mattel can afford to take a hit for He-Man esp. when they're serious enough to try to make a movie... but lets be honest... they're not an entertainment company.

So big company, little line... but its way too much a risk a relatively small amount of money?

Sell to Disney.
    It's too much to wait for confirmation for something you've waited 30 years for?

If it doesn't go through, I'll cancel my card just in case it does go through later.

Heroic Warrior
    Come clean Mattel! Come clean!

Why are we still using Digital River?! Digital River sucks and is horrible. It's a horrible web shopping service. Seriously. This sucks.

This isn't a freaking election. We didn't pre-order with hanging chads.

-CM Punk

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I really don't get it, if Mattel wanted to extend the pre-order until Jan 2013 if the minimum order was met on Nov12th, why don't they just keep it open until that January date?!!!
    Unless of course they wanna make sure that building a Prototype is feasible enough before yesterday's date! Either way, they're taking the cheapest approach with their uncanny logistics...
    You kind of answered yourself there. As Scott explained it, they need to know now if it's feasible so they can begin sculpting in order to have it ready in time. Keeping the pre-order open is simply to allow them to get more orders in but that's a matter of how many they make with the mold. What we're waiting for now is if they have done enough to go ahead and make the mold. Scott said on the COTFO podcast that he believes if they hit around 97% or so they'll probably go ahead as it's almost a given the rest would be made up in the extra time.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    So did they hit 97% or not.

-CM Punk

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    The graph is honestly too close to their minimum mark not to extend the pre-order until January if they didn't hit the mark already.

One thing I will give credit to where credit is due with this line, Mattel knows how to create sales through panic with He-Man fans

I'd rather they take the time to confirm orders now,rather than have so many false orders blow up in their collective faces, forcing them to cancel or compromise on the finished product.