Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull minimum reached! Playset is a go!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    So glad this is happening!!

Imo, those that ordered before Nov 12 (especially those that ordered the FIRST DAY) should get something that nobody else does with the playset. THOSE are the TRUE fans. Booyah!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Yes!!!! MOTUC Castle Grayskull!!!!

This is awesome, next Christmas is going to be so great! Thanks to everyone who helped make this a reality. As much as I've loved collecting the MOTUC figures, I've always dreamed of MOTUC becoming the greatest Masters toy-line ever by bringing to life the iconic play-sets and vehicles that brought so much magic and diversity to the original line.

The original Castle Grayskull was my Christmas present when I was a boy, and I still remember setting it up on the carpet in front of the tree and playing all day with my figures! Now 30 years later I'll be receiving a new MOTUC Grayskull for my display shelf, freaking cool.

I really hope this leads to Mattel looking at more pre-orders and any other methods to bring us more of the play-sets and vehicles that create the world of Eternia for our MOTUC figures to inhabit, instead of only focusing on the sub numbers. Bring on Snake Mountain, Battle Ram, Rotton, etc... my figures are bored all lined up on the shelf waiting for their turn in the Wind Raider.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Awesome!!!!!!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

So glad to hear this made it! Saving $25 a month starting... now.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    This really is wonderful news for fans around the globe. Many people will now have an awesome home to put their favorite figures, and all of those euphoric memories of yesteryear will come flooding back!!!

BUT, the most important reason as to why this is good news is the fact that Mattel can now see how popular and lucrative the MOTUC's line really is. Even if they were to reduce the total number of SKU's produced each year, I am hopeful that his line will continue well beyond their original projections. This is a fantastic day my friends, we have spoken and the Eternian Gods have answered.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This really is wonderful news for fans around the globe. Many people will now have an awesome home to put their favorite figures, and all of those euphoric memories of yesteryear will come flooding back!!!

BUT, the most important reason as to why this is good news is the fact that Mattel can now see how popular and lucrative the MOTUC's line really is. Even if they were to reduce the total number of SKU's produced each year, I am hopeful that his line will continue well beyond their original projections. This is a fantastic day my friends, we have spoken and the Eternian Gods have answered.....
    Agree wholeheartedly. I declare today a new world holiday. Happy Grayskull Day everyone!!!
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    So glad this is happening!!

Imo, those that ordered before Nov 12 (especially those that ordered the FIRST DAY) should get something that nobody else does with the playset. THOSE are the TRUE fans. Booyah!

We are, we're getting a poster.

woooo hooo Now to start the big save

Good times. Now give me the battle ram and slime pit
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

This is fantastic news. Although now I have to figure out a place to put it into the collection.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I can't wait! This is going to look awesome on my living room mantle! Actually, I'm getting 3 of them so I'll have one for my office and bedroom too. My wife is going to love this! HA!

- - - Updated - - -

Let's have Snake Mountain next! That would rule!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Given how much the pre-order window blew the goal away, hopefully they will be able to include more features into the castle. I wouldn't mind getting the spacesuit guy as a full on figure.

This is indeed great news, and on my birthday no less.

So we all have a year to figure out where in our displays we are going to fit the castle.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I already have the spot picked out for it. Yay!!!
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I would like to see a merger, of this Filmation Snake Mountain, with the toy version built into the lower right hand side of the mountain. Yeah I can see that costing $400-$500 sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    This is indeed great news, and on my birthday no less.

So we all have a year to figure out where in our displays we are going to fit the castle.

Happy Birthday!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Freaking awesome!!! I knew we could do it!!! One of the best things about the success of this pre-order is that it should allow Scott to pitch other big items like more vehicles and playsets so that the big wigs at Mattel do not have to sweat risking a loss on one of these projects and we the fans/collectors can rally to make them happen!!!!

I'm still puzzled as to why there are unsold Wind Raiders, but maybe this will be a way to get the Battle Ram, despite the unsold stock of the Raiders...... To those that dont have a Wind Raider yet, you are truly missing out!!! It is incredibly awesome!!

I must say that today has been one of the highlights of my MOTU collecting in recent years! In addition to getting the new that Grayskull is greenlit, I received a full set of Rudy Obrero box art prints and let me tell you that they are AMAZING!!!!! I immediately took them over to the art/framing store in town to get them ready for display on my wall. The Grayskull piece in particular is EPIC and brings back waves of nostalgia!!
    Last edited by yodafreakmaster; November 14, 2012 at 12:40am.

woohoo.. i told ya it would pass.. why all the drama

also, i read that they hope for a proto by feb for toy fair? wow, that is so close. i just HOPE mattel takes in consideration all the wants for the castle.. top of my list.. i HOPE they make the main top window wider for at least the sorceress to be seen

if that window is still skinny.. there's gonna be WAR
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I'm so excited! I have dreamed about owning a giant Castle Grayskull for my MOTUC figures, and now it is happening! Man, 2013 is going to be an AWESOME year!!!!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Came home from work to see we have Castle Grayskull.....complete awesomeness
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Looks like the ultimate toy is being made for us grown men and women I suppose. So happy this is happening. My four month old baby boy will be a little toddler running around and causing havoc by next Christmas. At least I have a few months to plan out how I'm going to protect the castle from my little monster.

well done everyone!!!

im sooooo close to taking the plunge now!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

sweet great work guys so when can we expect to see a prototype ?

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    sweet great work guys so when can we expect to see a prototype ?
    They have stated that they plan to have a "very rough" prototype playset at the NYTF in Feb of next year.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I guess (hope) that bodes well for the future of MOTUC. There seems to be some life left in this line after all...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Congrats to us all!!!

Thank you, Scott. This is all you. Thank you for pitching this to management and giving us the opportunity!!!

I know it might sound silly, but I am very proud of our fandom.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.