Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull minimum reached! Playset is a go!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I see toyguru said the thermometer would come down soon, I was hoping to see the bulb shatter!

I have been measuring spots today and this behemoth is grander than I thought. But finding room is a welcome problem to have.

Also to you guys having a toug time with the spouse.....my wife is as excited as I am.....maybe she is just thrilled to not hear about it anymore.
    Already got a spot picked out in the bottom of some custom cabinets getting built for mine. If Mattel does Grayskull right and they inevitably get around to Snake Mountain, my favorite playset of the line, then it will be going in there right next to it.

The question will be though- which will be the best angle to display it on?

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Already got a spot picked out in the bottom of some custom cabinets getting built for mine. If Mattel does Grayskull right and they inevitably get around to Snake Mountain, my favorite playset of the line, then it will be going in there right next to it.

What I was going for was on top of three book cases,one facing out and then the other two one each side of the main book case. That way you could walk around all sides of it,plus the figures could be on the cases.

Th broblem is back to back the book cases I have are 24 inches in length,the castle is to be 26 inches so I am still looking,I know what I want but it eludes me at this time.....well I have a year to figure it out I guess.

I just want the castle to start at about chest level,that is what this epic creation deserves.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Congrats to us all!!!

Thank you, Scott. This is all you. Thank you for pitching this to management and giving us the opportunity!!!

I know it might sound silly, but I am very proud of our fandom.
    Not silly at all 'duke! This is something to be proud of; we, the fans, have a voice and it was heard loud and clear!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Okay, one more try.

This topic is for talking about the fact that the minimum has been reached (and celebrating) and the fact Grayskull is happening. We have a separate Grayskull thread for discussing all the various issues and thoughts about the creation of Grayskull itself, Mattel's abilities to pull it off, etc.

If that proves too difficult, we can always just merge the two, but I kind of hate to do that because this is amazing news and I think it deserves it's own thread.

Thanks all!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yes yes! *no gif at the moment*
    say it ain't so.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    What I was going for was on top of three book cases,one facing out and then the other two one each side of the main book case. That way you could walk around all sides of it,plus the figures could be on the cases.
    I'm concerned about how HEAVY this thing will be!! ALso the 'balance' issue. I'd be afraid of storing it TOOOOOO high

Still don't have a good solution yet, but its' a problem I'm just glad i HAVE!!!!!

Awesome great news and this will allmost certanly increase the popularity of this line now that He man and Skellertor. Have there main reason for why they battle in the first place Grayskull.

Slightly off topic but anyone ever wonder what would happen if skellertor won got Hemans sword held it over head and proclaimed by the power of Grayskull. anyways hope we see a snake mountain next and many more figures as well.

I think I may have to buy another Grayskull to show my appreciation and thank you Toy Guru keep up the good work.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    Slightly off topic but anyone ever wonder what would happen if skellertor won got Hemans sword held it over head and proclaimed by the power of Grayskull.
    It's one of the only things still palatable about the Keldor/Adam bloodline. In MOTUC It should STILL work... Skeletor is of the same bloodline as Grayskull....

As a KID however... I prefered (and still do...) the idea that ANYONE can access the power if they steal the sword and know the magic words...

Hordak? Evil Lyn? TriKlops? ANYONE can be 'master of the universe'... I REALLY hate the bloodline garbage >.<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It's one of the only things still palatable about the Keldor/Adam bloodline. In MOTUC It should STILL work... Skeletor is of the same bloodline as Grayskull....

As a KID however... I prefered (and still do...) the idea that ANYONE can access the power if they steal the sword and know the magic words...

Hordak? Evil Lyn? TriKlops? ANYONE can be 'master of the universe'... I REALLY hate the bloodline garbage >.
    Yeah, but it's also not new. I was just reading one of the old MOTU storybooks to my little girl, and it talked about the first time Prince Adam got the sword. Man-At-Arms was there and he tried holding it but it burned his hand. Then near the end Skeletor is holding the sword and the Sorceress sends all of Grayskull's power to it, knocking Skeletor across the room.

There's another story, UK I think, where Beast Man tries to grab the sword and it burns HIS hand, too. So it's not anything recently added.

Your idea would be cool, though. It kind of reminds me of an episode of SuperTed, if you ever saw that cartoon.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Podcaster
    Finally ordered a Wind Raider, we need to buy all of those so that we get that amazing BATTLE RAM!

I really want that Battle Ram to go with our new Castle Grayskull! With us actually getting CG, it gives me hope that Mattel will use this format - Preorder X Amount or We Don't Do It - to get the Battle Ram and a host of other MOTU goodness - Snake Mountain, Point Dread, on and on...

As big as this CG is going to be, can you imagine the dream world where they remake ETERNIA? How big would that monster be?!
    Last edited by SunDevil; November 15, 2012 at 10:03am.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    I need to wait until after christmas to preorder one but did the price go up any or has it always been $250.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post

I'm building a corner cabinet for it and having it sit upon a rotating lazy susan. That way it will face out from the walls on a 45 degree angle for display, and be fully accessible for play. Just spin it and your figures are inside plotting and battling!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan's Mist View Post
    I need to wait until after christmas to preorder one but did the price go up any or has it always been $250.

Thanks.
    That's always been the price. And just a note, you pay no money right now... so theoretically there's no reason to wait!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That's always been the price. And just a note, you pay no money right now... so theoretically there's no reason to wait!
    Oh, I did not know that. That makes a difference. Thanks again.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    OUT freakin STANDING!!! "We can do anything by workin' with each-otheeeeer."
    (Starship Eternia anyone? Anyone??)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So awesome!
    I can not wait 13 months!

We did it guys! Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

Still in nerd joy shock !!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    (Starship Eternia anyone? Anyone??)

ermm...is that from the "Garbage Pail Kids" movie by anychance....?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    This is great news....This a HUGE win win for Matty and the fans. I visited many other collector websites for GI JOE SW etc and many ppl had CG failing to go into production because the fans weren't gonna step up for one reason or another. But we proved them wrong. As I revisit the same sites, mainly GI JOE its all doom and gloom, the fans have no faith in each other if Hasbro ever decided to do a Pre-order for a big ticket item, like lets say, the USS FLAGG. Big props to Matty for taking a shot at the pre-order with little to no invest and major props to all the fans who stepped up and backed their demand for CG with their wallets. I'm willing to bet anyone a Ram-man figure that Snake mountain will get made!!! LOL based upon our crazy fan base!!!!

I didnít get the chance to reply to this until now, but like the rest of you I just wanted to say how unbelievably happy I am that this is actually happening. Weíve proven that our fandom is a force to be reckoned with and Iím so pleased to be part of this. Mattel really need to sit up and take notice because we've sent them a powerful message. Star Wars, Transformers, DC and all the rest of it are cool obviously, but none of them really compare to He-Man. This playset is going to be iconic and will redefine the meaning of awesome. I've already pre-ordered two and am contemplating a third, but we'll see. My friends arenít going to believe it when they walk into my house and see this epic piece of plastic in all its monumental glory. Have absolutely no idea where Iím going to put it either . I have a good feeling about a possible Snake Mountain as a follow up at this stage.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    ermm...is that from the "Garbage Pail Kids" movie by anychance....?
    I believe it's from the Care Bears theme song...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Something that TG said on a recent RGD really shouldn't go taken lightly. $250 for CG is NOT a bad deal.

I just saw that Hasbro is re-releasing the Big Millennium Falcon from a few years back as a TRU exclusive in Vintage packaging.

First release, a few years back... $149.99

Re-Release, today... $249.99

That's right, big company, mass-release, no matter how many they make (so they'll make a TON), they'll sell out (I'm buying one, whilst kicking myself for not getting one last time around!) and it's STILL a $250.00 price tag.

The fact that we're getting a Castle Grayskull, scaled to the Classics line, in a small internet-only collector's line and they managed to keep the cost at ONLY $250.00??

Thank you, TG...just thank you!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I believe it's from the Care Bears theme song...
    but...but....

http://youtu.be/uigHV-gOHxs
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    Something that TG said on a recent RGD really shouldn't go taken lightly. $250 for CG is NOT a bad deal.

I just saw that Hasbro is re-releasing the Big Millennium Falcon from a few years back as a TRU exclusive in Vintage packaging.

First release, a few years back... $149.99

Re-Release, today... $249.99

That's right, big company, mass-release, no matter how many they make (so they'll make a TON), they'll sell out (I'm buying one, whilst kicking myself for not getting one last time around!) and it's STILL a $250.00 price tag.

The fact that we're getting a Castle Grayskull, scaled to the Classics line, in a small internet-only collector's line and they managed to keep the cost at ONLY $250.00??

Thank you, TG...just thank you!
    And just think...that $250 price point is for a toy that needs zero tooling. It's just turning the machine back on.

This is a fully sculpted, one-off, completely tooled, GIANT piece!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Hordak? Evil Lyn? TriKlops? ANYONE can be 'master of the universe'... I REALLY hate the bloodline garbage >.
    thanks for your thoughts, I allways felt the same way. I would even have good guys try and take over Grayskull every so often. to my brothers dissmay. I allways thought the term Masters of the universe. meant that at any one time someone, could go crazy even a good guy. and try to overrule everything.

takeing over Grayskull. makes for a diferent type of play format. as well not to mention the laughs that follow. anyways back on topic with all the orders for Grayskull. that went thro im surprized we have only gotten 11 pages of replys.
    Last edited by braxsis364; November 16, 2012 at 12:56pm. Reason: misspeled

I just wanted to say thank you to ToyGuru. This is something I'm sure he's been pushing for for a while and it couldn't have been easy, so well done, Scott!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.