Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull minimum reached! Playset is a go!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    I am very happy! Now, I hope that this might put a Hall of Justice on Matty's next big item to make.
    THe grumpy old dragon would have a difficult time ever being grumpy again if that happened.

Now I guess the suspense is going to be what we are getting in the end; in February, all the orders will be in and they'll know the resources available, so hopefully their target of Toy Fair for some form of prototype proves do-able. THere's a lot of excitement and expectation here (specially with the Fab Four involved), so here's hoping everything lives up to the hype. Delivering on this could help revitalize the line as a whole.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I stopped collecting this line last year because I was fed up with all of the QC issues, especially the ankles. The only figures I kept were He-man and Battle Cat (a loose set and MOC set). I sold everything else off.

News of a potential Castle Grayskull got me super excited. I ordered one even though I only have two figures now lol. This was one of my favorite toys as a kid and I can't wait to have a new updated version. Glad that the goal was met and it is going to become a reality. Christmas 2013 is going to be amazing!

Heroic Warrior
    I prevented myself from really taking int he fact of the castle and enjoying it because I knew the jury was out on whether it would get made. With the great news of last evening I've been able to really enjoy and appreciate what is about to happen. All you people who bash Scott really need to look and see the full picture of what he has accomplished for He-Man. He's a really good brand manager and very, very entrepreneurial.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    While I still wish this was a filmation castle grayskull, I'm very, very excited that this is coming. And I agree with the grumpy dragon: This has a huge potential to revitalize the line. I do have one word of warning for Mattel, though: The Sorceress had BETTER fit in the throne, or I will be very ****ing angry.

Court Magician
    I swear it feels like Christmas 1984 for me! I cant wait to see all the updates during the year, the build up will be sweet! I will even wrap it and put it under the tree next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Not to be a downer, but there's a better chance of Darkseid coming here to Earth Prime and calling out Geoff Johns for his editorial decisions than a Hall of Justice getting this kind of push. Scott said, a number of times actually, during the NYCC Q&A (which was MOTUC-only, but people were free to ask what they wanted to ask) that the DC Sub sold poorly - the 2012 sub sold poorly, so the 2013 sub got less SKUs (no more deluxe figures except the sub exclusive Mallah). Any time someone asked about a vehicle or an extra, Scott's answer was as polite and informative a "No" as he could muster.
    Well, maybe with that Justice League Movie coming out in 2015 and if they use a Hall...maybe then? Still, I know your right about how that line is doing right now, and it's end soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Since this is a GO, and it hasn't been produced, but it has been paid for, I would LOVE to see progress updates on Grayskull as it's being made. I don't think we have ever gotten a preview of any item besides reveals at cons of upcoming figures. Most things have been kept secret until they had a figure to show for it. I would really like to see what accessories are going to be included, (Weapons rack was already made) and have those revealed as they are completed and finalized , just like the figures are revealed as they are produced.

I would really hate to have to wait until everything is completely finished before I see any bit of it, considering I've already paid for it. I wouldn't mind being teased with bits and pieces as it's being produced.
    Last edited by manowar; November 14, 2012 at 04:12pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to see the actual Castle Greyskull.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Wow. My wife is going to kill me!
    Same here!! :-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

This is so epic, they should film and document the making of Castle Grayskull! That I would love to see!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by damiendvl99 View Post
    I swear it feels like Christmas 1984 for me! I cant wait to see all the updates during the year, the build up will be sweet! I will even wrap it and put it under the tree next year.
    "1982" for me!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Nobody was thinking this. This are your thoughts.
    Agreed sir. I don't know anyone who shared those thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This is so epic, they should film and document the making of Castle Grayskull! That I would love to see!
    Whoa hey, that's a cool idea! Maybe someone filming some of the sculpting, doing short interviews with the Horsemen as they work out the details 'n such. I would love to see that!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I always love that kind of thing, as a matter of fact I'd like to see a doc on the whole line,
    Seeing the figures from start to finish would be amazing, not to mention the epic end with the making of CGS
    Last edited by Zombihamma-AI; November 14, 2012 at 06:26pm. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Yeah I always love that kind of thing, as a matter of fact I'd like to see a doc on the whole line,
    Seeing the figures from start to finish would be amazing, not to mention the epic end with the making of CGS
    Agreed. I'd love to see this done with this toyline more than with any other. Dunno what it is about this one; I think a behind-the-scenes video would be really fantastic. We've had some interviews with Horsemen here and there, but a real "making of" for this toyline would be awesome.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    That sounds like a great idea, a little documentary on how the process works. That would be really cool. I would love to see how the process goes from concept, to development, to production, to the completed product!

I think someone should start a new thread asking for a documentary !
    Last edited by manowar; November 14, 2012 at 06:42pm.

I can't believe there are still people who write GrEyskull!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I hope this convinces Mattel Management to further invest in this line...
    Totally agree. I think the CG preorder was a test in some ways to really show how much interest is still in this line--esp vintage. I was worried if CG didnt make it--it would have had a negative impact on so many other things --esp the 2014 sub line

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I can't believe there are still people who write GrEyskull!!
    I like to pretend they are always talking about me when they do so.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    This set is going to be absolutely amazing. Wow, I almost can't believe thats its really going to happen. Go us! The Horsemen are going to kill it!

I'm still on cloud nine! I'm blown away that we're going to getting a FOUR HORSEMEN designed CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    That sounds like a great idea, a little documentary on how the process works. That would be really cool. I would love to see how the process goes from concept, to development, to production, to the completed product!

I think someone should start a new thread asking for a documentary !
    Well I went on Mattycollector and asked the question. Guess we'll wait and see if anything comes of that.

I have scrubbed this topic. Please keep the discussion on-topic and not about each other.

Thanks!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'm still on cloud nine! I'm blown away that we're going to getting a FOUR HORSEMEN designed CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!
    Oh I know chuc98, I am still as excited a day later as I was when the announcement came down. How long until we get our first update?

I see toyguru said the thermometer would come down soon, I was hoping to see the bulb shatter!

I have been measuring spots today and this behemoth is grander than I thought. But finding room is a welcome problem to have.

Also to you guys having a toug time with the spouse.....my wife is as excited as I am.....maybe she is just thrilled to not hear about it anymore.
    Comedian on the matty forums.