Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull minimum reached! Playset is a go!

I said it would go and be over the min! Now we're so happy we do the....

GIFSoup

DANCE OF JOY!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not unexpected, given the "we have to check the big orders" delay (no reason to if the min hadn't been hit). I have no clue where I'm going to put it next year, of course, but, hey, that's never stopped me before.

But as great as the simple fact of getting a Classics Grayskull is, I think the implications here are even broader. The sinking subs undoubtedly gave the big wigs the impression that MOTUC was not long for this world. But now we have the biggest, most expensive offering ever made on Mattycollector meeting and passing the minimum orders (with more likely to come before January). Even the most stubborn of nay-sayers behind the scenes has to see not only the potential in the way this was offered, but the strength that must still lie in the brand for it to go over like this.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Widget
    Maybe we can get Snake Mountain next! Or my personal favorite The Fright Zone!

Well, I never got an email confirming my order, but my order history on mattycollector states that the order was submitted. Should I be nervous?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Widget
    This is awesome. I just realized my Wind Raider takes a bit of space, and they said it can attach to C.G., so that should help save some room. The W.R. is pretty big with the wing-span.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Super excited to hear this!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Woo-Hoo!!!!!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Not unexpected, given the "we have to check the big orders" delay (no reason to if the min hadn't been hit). I have no clue where I'm going to put it next year, of course, but, hey, that's never stopped me before.

But as great as the simple fact of getting a Classics Grayskull is, I think the implications here are even broader. The sinking subs undoubtedly gave the big wigs the impression that MOTUC was not long for this world. But now we have the biggest, most expensive offering ever made on Mattycollector meeting and passing the minimum orders (with more likely to come before January). Even the most stubborn of nay-sayers behind the scenes has to see not only the potential in the way this was offered, but the strength that must still lie in the brand for it to go over like this.
    I think it shows that give us something we want as a community it will sell. Alot of stuff maybe 6 items a year for me is just kinda cool via the completist mindset. I mean like december the giant pieces coming are cool and I am getting em but most that just collect the vintage remakes will pass. Hopefully they will now do the same thing with vehicles and playsets. I mean this is really the best way to know if we truly are interested. Now onto snake mountain.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Well if thats what u believe
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am THRILLED it went through! Christmas 2013 is going to be epic!!!
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    There's a big difference between realism and cynicism.

And this thread is clearly a celebratory thread for making preorder. If you have concerns, take it to the discussion thread and let the people in here be excited by our success.
    AMEN! I am super EXCITED!!! But it is going to be a VERY long 13 months until it is released though.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

I am so excited for this epic icon. No one will rain on my parade. Next December not only will I open my castle, I will also open my complete closed collection.

Thank you to the cheerleaders on the org, you guys know who you are,you kept the optimism up.

I can say with great certain there are two words I never want to hear again.....thermometer and hoverboard.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I am very happy! Now, I hope that this might put a Hall of Justice on Matty's next big item to make.

Awesome! Now I know where I stand in terms of playset space. I will probably skip the TMNT one now, but we'll see what kinda space I have in the new house.

Going on the size of this sucker, I'm wondering if I can comically fit my vintage castle inside this new one...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde08 View Post
    Because I enjoy other aspects of the MOTU world, not just Classics. I just read through all of the threads in various areas. I particularly come into this area of the forum to read up on what problems Matty have created now.
    Yeah I mean just the classics forum, not the rest of the board. do you read into the screw ups to solidify your decision to opt out of classics?

Example there is a girl I used to be business partners with, she decided for BAD reasons, to end our business relationship, we no longer talk I decided to end our friendship for better reasons, once in a while I am curious if she made any progress on what we split from, I get a slight but twisted satisfaction seeing that she hasn't done a thing. It's petty but I do it occasionally. I don't bait her though, I just check silently and feel good when I see that all she does is post 'inspirational quotes' on facebook but isn't living any of them or doing the project we were working on.

Again it's VERY petty but it makes me feel better.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I hope this convinces Mattel Management to further invest in this line...

cyber-assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Going on the size of this sucker, I'm wondering if I can comically fit my vintage castle inside this new one...
    I'd LOVE to see a pic of that.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

This is so much fun!!! I am SO much more excited than I thought I would be! See, I was certain it would happen, so I wasn't expecting to be so excited about the announcement, but I really, REALLY am! Wa-Hooooooooooooooooo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I said it would go and be over the min! Now we're so happy we do the....

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=392858&t=o GIFSoup

DANCE OF JOY!!!!
    HAHAHAHA YES!!!! Oh man, that is PERFECT!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Again it's VERY petty but it makes me feel better.
    I am doing the same in a simular situation

I blame it on being human
    As long as you are not hoping her to fail with horrible concequences. That is bad Karma.

Edit: and NEVER EVER go the "I told you so" route.
    Just watch from the sidelines now and then quietly.

Court Magician
    I cant wait for next Christmas! My daughter will be getting a new dollhouse and we can launch an all out asult on it from the castle!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I hope this convinces Mattel Management to further invest in this line...
    Hmm... don't you think that they already HAVE invested, at least to a large degree? 5 years of ongoing action figures, multiple large scale beasts, a vehicle, and various convention exclusives. I'd say they've done their part, and the advent of Grayskull only further proves that they WANT to see this line continue and succeed.

Conspiracy theories are fun and sometimes the heat of the moment kicks up a lot of dust, but let's be frank here guys. This line continues to exist at the whim of Mattel management and it's been going strong for awhile now unabated. Granted, we've seen doom/gloom lately what with the 2013 almost not seeing the light of day, but I'd say our worst days are behind us- I hope.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    I am very happy! Now, I hope that this might put a Hall of Justice on Matty's next big item to make.
    Not to be a downer, but there's a better chance of Darkseid coming here to Earth Prime and calling out Geoff Johns for his editorial decisions than a Hall of Justice getting this kind of push. Scott said, a number of times actually, during the NYCC Q&A (which was MOTUC-only, but people were free to ask what they wanted to ask) that the DC Sub sold poorly - the 2012 sub sold poorly, so the 2013 sub got less SKUs (no more deluxe figures except the sub exclusive Mallah). Any time someone asked about a vehicle or an extra, Scott's answer was as polite and informative a "No" as he could muster.

This really is a great thing for the Classics line itself, but, more importantly I think, this is truly a magnificent thing for the MOTU brand as a whole.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Mern-Ra;HAHAHAHA YES!!!! Oh man, that is PERFECT![/QUOTE]

I know, Perfect Strangers!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by faker32828 View Post
    I'd LOVE to see a pic of that.
    If it can be done, it WILL be done.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.