Thread: Official Talkback - DC Comics #4 He-Man and MOTU *SPOILERS*

Hybrid View

Official Talkback - DC Comics #4 He-Man and MOTU *SPOILERS*

Available now!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #4

Teela and Adam journey to a mysterious volcano where they'll face Evil-Lyn and her warlord Man-At-Arms! Can Adam and Teela defeat their former ally?

Written by
    Keith Giffen

Pencils by
    Pop Mhan
    Philip Tan

Discuss..

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Just zoomed through it, it looks interesting and action packed, will have to wait until end of today to read it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Man, you can really tell this is where Giffen took over these books. The dialogue, the overall tonal shift of the book. I'm starting to feel very hopeful for the continuation of this book beyond 6 issues.
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

it's a better read than issue 3, IMO. But I'm still not very happy about the series.

I'm not too keen on Skeletor acting almost afraid of Evil-Lyn and her powers being equal to his. But Giffen at least does a good job at giving a reason for why the evil warriors don't just kill Adam. Most dialogues are done well and much better than in previous issues. The fact that Hordak's (or Horde Prime's) head talks to Skeletor is very interesting. Man-At-Arms' character is done well, and I loved when he whispered that he'd kill Evil-Lyn if his daughter dies. And as for Evil-Lyn, I'm really happy that she's not constantly babbling like Mer-Man did.

However, there's still several things I do not like. Teela's bashing of Adam feels forced and too much at this point. I'm tired of Teela herself running around half-naked and looking nothing like Teela for another issue (I won't even start about how much I hate that DC has turned Teela into one of those stereotypical D-sized comic babes). Evil-Lyn looks and acts more Malefitz-esque than ever. The villain letting the heroes fight for their lives has been done in issue 2 already as was Adam being locked into a cage. Evil-Lyn's fortress doesn't help alot to make the planet feel like Eternia - this time, it's just a couple Aztek pyramids in front of a fortress that would better used better as Avion. And we already have our third penciller here, with Philip Tan only having done two pages for this issue.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; November 14, 2012 at 04:48am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

WOW did we get a new artist for this issue? Cos it looks so much nicer, I much prefer this art style, Teela looks AMAZING. Can't wait for my issue to arrive in the post!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    WOW did we get a new artist for this issue? Cos it looks so much nicer, I much prefer this art style, Teela looks AMAZING. Can't wait for my issue to arrive in the post!
    I SEE!!! I'm in for a treat today!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I SEE!!! I'm in for a treat today!

Yes you are - I want a Shipwrecked Teela and Adam 2-Pack
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I am LOVING this story now! I was skeptical at first like most people but the last two issues have completely turned my opinion around!

First thing that did it was Mer-Man! I love his banter, his attitude, his look (except the weird tail of course)

Then this new issue with Adam and teelas banter. The introduction of MAA and the knowledge that Skeletor has made him Evil-lyns right hand man and servent! So brilliant.

I can't wait for the next 2 issues and the story arc of the issues to follow number 6!

Dave Wilkins Covers are also beautiful new motu art!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    The redesigns for the sake of redesigns continue to come nowhere near impressing or satisfying. The characterizations of the villains continue to be so far off that I wonder if the "writer" has ever spent a single moment in the MOTU Universe prior to being handed license to write this...stuff.
    Yeah, it's rather clear that the people writing this have been lead astray...

Evil-Lyn is NOT "crazy" or "mad." That's why she's so dangerous. She certainly has a personality disorder, but the Evil-Lyn in this DC "world" is so unlike the character that has been developed for the last 30 years, that there is something severely lacking here. It's just not fun... She's not complex AT ALL... and that is what has always made her so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    Skeletor kowtowing to Evil-Lyn...out of character.
    ANY of the brutes waxing poetic like a Shakespeare character...out of character.
    Skeletor not just BLASTING someone to keep them in line..."She could rival me...". Please.
    Yeah, that WAS weird...

It was a stupid way of not using their personal relationship as a reaon he engages her at all... I mean, she's clearly very powerful, and has the potential to rival him, but her personality flaws always end up ruining her efforts... in this comic, we don't see that developed at all.. instead, we have Skeletor telling his therapist, who may or may not be Hordak or Horde Prime or someone else, that she's dangerous...

in a way, that's kind of cool... Skeletor knows that Lyn has the potential to be, perhaps, more powerful than he... but he would never TELL her that, or help cultivate her power, because he must always be supreme...

but then, she's not the same Lyn we know... not the time-line displaced heir to throne of Zalesia... not the rightful queen of Eternia... she's just some crazy lady who uses sex to get some random Eternian guard to steal a gem, and then retires to an island, with a strange Avion/Mysticor palace, and becomes obsessed with a volcano.

Hmm... Ok...

LAME.

I did enjoy the Adam/Teela banter...

LOVED that Zoar dropped the coconut on Teela's head... hilarious mother scolding there LOL.

THAT was clever. Whether it was meant to be clever, or it was a simple happy accident, I am not sure.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Broc Longstaff View Post
    The introduction of MAA and the knowledge that Skeletor has made him Evil-lyns right hand man and servent!
    Perhaps EL took him for herself.
    Back in the UK comics (which were mostly terrible), there was one good story where EL's love philter backfires & not only does MAA fall in love with her, but she with him. (Yes, EL uses her sexuality - or the promise of it - to manipulate a man here - hah!)
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; November 16, 2012 at 05:50pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Finally a decent storyline. I like this one a lot.

I like how they made Teela a Halloween hooker.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Snappy Threader
    Going to pick mine up after work. I hope it blows me away with awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Going to pick mine up after work. I hope it blows me away with awesomeness!
    Well from what I'm understanding about 50% of the people think it blows, & 50% think it's awesomeness...

Hope you enjoy it. I'm still waiting until #6 comes out to read any of them. Let us know your verdict.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Back in the UK comics (which were mostly terrible), there was one good story where EL's love philter backfires & not only does MAA fall in love with her, but she with him. (Yes, EL uses her sexuality - or the promise of it - to manipulate a man here - hah!)
    Do you know the number of the UK-comic with that story?
    I own most of them, but can't remember having read this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygonus View Post
    Do you know the number of the UK-comic with that story?
    I own most of them, but can't remember having read this story.
    No, but you can find the details on Busatoons blog.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

I really enjoyed this. The art was good but it was the dialogue that really made this issue. I'm really digging the writer's take on Teela. She's strong, intelligent and witty.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

No, but you can find the details on Busatoons blog.

Thanks, it's issue 68. I have this issue in my collection, so I'll be able to read this story again and compare it with the DC-comic.

This story you referring to?
    I only remember that Duncan falls for Evil-Lyn due to her spell. But I can't remember that Evil-Lyn would have
    any feelings for him.

http://bustatoons.blogspot.se/2009/0...-evil-lyn.html

You're right. I confused this with my own fan-fic