Thread: Rise of the Guardians Movie Thread

Rise of the Guardians Movie Thread

This Dreamworks animated movie about Jack Frost looks like it might pretty good. Trailer below:

I'm looking forward to taking my son to it for sure. Looks like it has massive potential.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

that looks super mega brilliant astonishingly stunningly AWESOME
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Looks much better then the last preview made it out to be.

This looks very interesting. I like the epic adventure/superhero feel it has.

The title is terrible. I was expecting a prequel to that owl movie by Zack Snyder.

Also Chris Pine's voice sounds too old on Jack Frost. Weren't any of the Harry Potter actors available? Otherwise it looks cute though possibly a little overdone with the action. Russian Baldwin Santa could steal the show.

I'll probably check this out at some point. I'm debating about whether this would be a good flick to take my four year old to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    The title is terrible. I was expecting a prequel to that owl movie by Zack Snyder.

Also Chris Pine's voice sounds too old on Jack Frost. Weren't any of the Harry Potter actors available? Otherwise it looks cute though possibly a little overdone with the action. Russian Baldwin Santa could steal the show.
    Oddly enough the Guardians is a book series.

I think the idea looks interesting, but as I am more into wait till it comes to home media mode right now.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Wife and I went to see it today, liked it. Certainly has some scenes to get you all misty eyed
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I really want to see this, but I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph yet. I was planning on Ralph tomorrow, maybe I will see Rise of the Guardians next week.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Do it. Do eet nowww!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Looks like fun

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    this movie was so well done. took my family last night. the chris pine voice comment seems a bit like a reach, if you didnt see his name pimped as an actor in this, you wouldn't notice, plus his voice and delivery work perfectly for what they are going for.

I dont want to give up any info, but creatively it is amazing. the angles, and personalities. very well thought through, and kept me engaged as well as my kids. between this and wrech it ralph, we are seeing some really well thought through movies that are not just "shticks"

the fact that they leave it open for future stuff is cool as well. i mean, i could picture a man on the moon type of character, and a new villain working out just fine. for me, redemption for pitch black was the only thing missing. i didn't get why the kids couldnt see him at the end. they knew he was real, they just didnt fear him, unless "believing in him" is directly connected to fearing him..... all of the voice actors were amazing, and the separate characters and their story/HQs were well done. sandman was really really cool. and this gave jack frost sort of a really cool coming of age story. i wanted him to put on the shoes at the end!

Heroic Warrior
    just now seeing thread.

I've seen the trailer on t.v. several times and I don't like it.

It is my personal opinion that this movie totally ruins the image of all the holiday beings. i.e. santa with tatoos? come on! turning them into some kind of group of holiday theme super heroes/heroine? that's the biggest turn off for me.

It is my personal opinion that movie shouldn't have been made.

Is there anything I like about the movie? yep. the elves. those elves. even though they are rip off of those yellow things from despicable me. though I really didn't need to see one of them spit out a cookie.

based off the t.v. trailer I give this movie zero stars and refuse to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    just now seeing thread.

I've seen the trailer on t.v. several times and I don't like it.

It is my personal opinion that this movie totally ruins the image of all the holiday beings. i.e. santa with tatoos? come on! turning them into some kind of group of holiday theme super heroes/heroine? that's the biggest turn off for me.

It is my personal opinion that movie shouldn't have been made.

Is there anything I like about the movie? yep. the elves. those elves. even though they are rip off of those yellow things from despicable me. though I really didn't need to see one of them spit out a cookie.

based off the t.v. trailer I give this movie zero stars and refuse to see it.

I'm still wrestling with what to see. this or wreck it ralph. for those who have seen it, how Christmassy is it?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    its less about christmas, and more about holidays in general, and why we celebrate them. why we celebrate children, imagination, and the spirit of everything involving it.

as far as christmas, its just as much about christmas as it is easter.

Wreck it Ralph was amazing though as well. different movie, but i enjoyed both of them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

I had the exact same thoughts after seeing the movie. The title confused me too and Chris Pine did sound way too old in the movie. While I was watching it, I was certain that John Cusack voiced Jack Frost. When I saw the final credits, I was surprised to see Pine's name.

I actually thought that Hugh Jackman stole the show as the Easter Bunny.