Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 25 yrs since Transformers ended

Heroic Warrior

25 yrs since Transformers ended

Last G1 episode aired Nov '87......

I've watched the mini series and gonna watch some more as I've forgotten just about everything from this toon
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; November 24, 2012 at 04:29pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I, like many others on these forums, am a child of the 80's. I love the G1, I have a lot of the classics updates. I think a lot of people however down the original series, but I believe it still stands up a LOT better than GI joe, at least in story. MOTUC still holds up better in animation, but I felt that at least Transformers had story progression.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I don't think people are exactly down on it more don't hold it in his high esteem to those who are a bit more irrational about it.

For example my first reaction to when I saw the thread title was, Transformers still exists. But I figured it was more about the original show ended 25 years ago.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, the last Transformers episode wasn't in November 1987. The G1 series still continued in Japan for 3 more seasons.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I don't think people are exactly down on it more don't hold it in his high esteem to those who are a bit more irrational about it.

For example my first reaction to when I saw the thread title was, Transformers still exists. But I figured it was more about the original show ended 25 years ago.
    Are you referring to G1 or just Transformers in general?
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

in general.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

What a confusing topic title.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sadly, I cannot say the same. I love several episodes of the G1 series, but when I watched the entire series this past Jan, only about 25 episodes of the 98 are truly any good when you take the goggles off. GI Joe was worse though. It also had 95 episodes and only about 13 of them are good.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

in general.
    The 3 movies that made a gazillion dollars in the past 5 years didn't mean anything?
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    The 3 movies that made a gazillion dollars in the past 5 years didn't mean anything?
    What movies?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

HD figures on youtube
    What movies?
    The movies fans pretend to ignore but go see anyway.

That was my response to the thread title, thinking there has been Transformers since the end of the 80s cartoon, movies, more animated series, and lots of toys.

My point was Transformers is still around. The thread title has changed to last episode and technically it's a true statement since all subsequent Transformers cartoons had an additional word or two in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sadly, I cannot say the same. I love several episodes of the G1 series, but when I watched the entire series this past Jan, only about 25 episodes of the 98 are truly any good when you take the goggles off. GI Joe was worse though. It also had 95 episodes and only about 13 of them are good.

I wasn't a big fan of the cartoon. I tried watching some episodes a while back but didn't see much that was good. Optimus Prime basically barks out simple commands the whole show ("Autobots, transform!") and rarely says anything of substance. They spend the whole episodes duking it out in the middle of a desert out in the middle of nowhere, and we are supposed to believe that the fate of the Earth rests on who rules the badlands

GI Joe was a horrible cartoon that I completely despised when I was a kid. I can't even imagine trying to watch it now.
    If you'll be my enemy, I'll be your enemy, too.

Transfomers never died!
    They lives from the origin!
    You can see all their series (and all their 3 movies live) here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers

That was my response to the thread title, thinking there has been Transformers since the end of the 80s cartoon, movies, more animated series, and lots of toys.

My point was Transformers is still around. The thread title has changed to last episode and technically it's a true statement since all subsequent Transformers cartoons had an additional word or two in the title.
    Well okay then.

My favorite Transformers cartoon title is Transformers Animated since it seems to be something new for Transformers shows to be animated. Funny enough it is also probably my favorite Transformers show since G1 and Beast Wars.
    Until now.

Well okay then.

My favorite Transformers cartoon title is Transformers Animated since it seems to be something new for Transformers shows to be animated. Funny enough it is also probably my favorite Transformers show since G1 and Beast Wars.
    Me too, but in Italy we never saw third season!

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    The movies fans pretend to ignore but go see anyway.
    Well the first one was not bad, the second one was utter crap. However, we took Bay's word that the third would be a huge improvement since he claimed ROTF was garbage due to the writer's strike. After seeing DOTM, I am done.

That sad you did not get the third season in Italy Nike, as it was great. Animated is my favorite TF series. It had the story telling of Beast Wars, it gave homages to G1, but most importantly, the Transformers were 75% of the show, the humans were 25% instead of it being reversed like RID, the Armada trilogy, and Prime. The animation style took a bit getting used to, and it isn't something that will work for everyone, but the designs were 99% accurate to the toys, and as I said, they gave it a nice story and did something different, like building up Megatron's return.

Well, Transformers hasn't really ended. Some would say it’s bigger than it’s ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Well, Transformers hasn't really ended. Some would say it’s bigger than it’s ever been.
    You may count me as one of these people. Even though I did not really like the last 2 movies I still can get my Transformers fix from the television shows which have been pretty good and the video games. I am interested in what direction Disney will take it but I do not see Transformers going away anytime soon.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Meh, Transformers had ended for me. It has left me behind as it turns the corner into the new era of the children market. Animated was its grand swan song for me. The fat bot has sung.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, the last Transformers episode wasn't in November 1987. The G1 series still continued in Japan for 3 more seasons.
    And despite my nostalgia for the US series which I grew up with, I have to say that I enjoy the Japanese series far more. Finally getting to see the continuation of the G1 Transformers cartoon was like having a second childhood for me.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I still enjoy them all TF and Gi Joe. Yeah, some stories are hokey,but I still like them

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    And despite my nostalgia for the US series which I grew up with, I have to say that I enjoy the Japanese series far more. Finally getting to see the continuation of the G1 Transformers cartoon was like having a second childhood for me.
    I'm the opposite, F-Deuce. While it's cool for me to see the Japanese series and more of the Decepticons in particular, I'll always love the original G1 series. A good cartoon with some really great episodes that continue to inspire various incarnations and reinterpretations for newer generations while other cartoons have been left by the wayside.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 17, 2012 at 10:16am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I liked the Japanese series but some I found to be kinda strange, like Victory. Did anyone else think Star Saber looked a little like a Gundam? My favorite Japanese "series" continues to be Scramble City, but that's probably due to the fact that it bridges season 2 of G1 to the Movie. Plus the animation is pretty much the same.
    Until now.

Masterforce is fantastic. It takes one of the most controversial aspects of Transformers mythology (Pretenders) and makes it credible and fun.