Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 56 of 56

Thread: 25 yrs since Transformers ended

  1. #51
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I hope when you get to my sixty-three years old you can do the 4,000 crunches I do each of five days a week and work out with heavy iron on three. At my age, and with a 13, 10 and 4 year old that are my first three children, I'm like a shark -- I either swim or sink.

    I can't do that many crunches now. Or at least I wouldn't attempt it. My lower back is my one trouble spot

    I believe the keys to staying young is in the sun. Heavy tanning. And avoid eating food with artificial preservatives that the body was never meant to process. So far, so good.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  2. #52
    Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post

    But they were fine with it being in toy form all these years? I read that somewhere too and I didn't think it made any sense.
    Beats me. It is odd that Volkswagen was apparently fine with the VW Bug being used in the Transformers toyline for several years and are touchy about it today. Perhaps the people that were running Volkswagen in the 80s to early 90s were fine with it, but those that came later and took on running the company in the late 90s to the present have brought in a truckload of political correctness.

    From what I understand, "no war toys" has been Volkswagen's stance ever since the Alternators/Binaltech line of Transformer toys; (early 2000s). According to the wiki article for the Alternators line, Porsche also took the "no war toys" stance when Takara tried licensing the 986 Boxter to use as the basis for Jazz. And then there were some companies that were fine with their vehicles being used for the Transformers line just as long as the character "didn't have a gun".

  3. #53
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,535
    I get it, I empathize and I sympathize. I suffered with a calcified disc and was in a brace for two years when I was a teenager. Agonizing. As you likely know, when you're having a time when the back is bad and is subject to spasms, the worst thing is when you sneeze. I recall it felt like a mule kicked me in the gut. No one can understand how tough severe back pain is unless they have had it.

    As for my crunches, it took me three years to build up to four thousand a day. I use the twelve different exercises on the Sheena Easton video as the basis. It's really not necessary to do this many, but it gives me a good sixty-eight minutes where I'm completely away from the world and just in the physical zone.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I can't do that many crunches now. Or at least I wouldn't attempt it. My lower back is my one trouble spot

    I believe the keys to staying young is in the sun. Heavy tanning. And avoid eating food with artificial preservatives that the body was never meant to process. So far, so good.

  4. #54
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I get it, I empathize and I sympathize. I suffered with a calcified disc and was in a brace for two years when I was a teenager. Agonizing. As you likely know, when you're having a time when the back is bad and is subject to spasms, the worst thing is when you sneeze. I recall it felt like a mule kicked me in the gut. No one can understand how tough severe back pain is unless they have had it.

    About a month ago, I pulled something back there when I coughed. Spent a week unable to get up once I sat down for a while


    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As for my crunches, it took me three years to build up to four thousand a day. I use the twelve different exercises on the Sheena Easton video as the basis. It's really not necessary to do this many, but it gives me a good sixty-eight minutes where I'm completely away from the world and just in the physical zone.
    I do a lot of straight-leg deadlifts. Great for lower back and back of your thighs. I also do those upside down "situps" where you hang suspended in the air. I hold a 35 lb. plate and do about 20 sets of them. I do a lot of lower back work (when I can), but I don't do abs as often as I should
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; November 25, 2012 at 05:49pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  5. #55
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,535
    You've got my admiration for doing gravity sit-ups -- and with a 35 pound plate no less! Sounds like you don't need crunches. That's awesome, Phil.

    Boy, we're really getting off thread here, but I'll ask one last question: what's your post workout food? I religiously do a slice of whole grain, stone ground wheat bread dipped in tablespoon of olive oil for absorption and four heaping tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese mixed with a quarter can of kidney beans and a quarter cup of sunflower seeds. I could do it the easy way and just drink Whey protein with fat free milk, but I like doing all the prep, I like all the textures and I think it's a great carb/protein mix.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    About a month ago, I pulled something back there when I coughed. Spent a week unable to get up once I sat down for a while




    I do a lot of straight-leg deadlifts. Great for lower back and back of your thighs. I also do those upside down "situps" where you hang suspended in the air. I hold a 35 lb. plate and do about 20 sets of them. I do a lot of lower back work (when I can), but I don't do abs as often as I should
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; November 25, 2012 at 06:11pm.

  6. #56
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You've got my admiration for doing gravity sit-ups -- and with a 35 pound plate no less! Sounds like you don't need crunches. That's awesome, Phil.

    Thanks
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •