Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Dekker, Randor & Castle Grayskullman ARRIVED!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Aside from TMS, I haven't hated any MOTUC fig yet. I mean, I haven't found one that I just could not find SOMETHING positive to say about it. Even TMS kind of had a cool harness and gun. Some figs like Flipshot, I disliked when they were announced, but came to like them once in hand... All of that unfortunately has changed with the arrival of this months figs. CGM and Dekkar are fine, but Pimp Cup Randor is SO BORING. I didn't really dislike him until he was in my hands. I have put other heads on him, tried to make him matter, but because we already have a warrior-king version of him, and this guy is so bland, I just don't see his place in my collection-probably next to Marlena, but well hidden behind Adam and Adora.

For all of you who like him, I am glad that he was made, and I do not mean to insult your taste, but he is not my cup of tea, or sweet berry wine for that matter...
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I can't freaking put CGM down! I love all 3 from this month, but he really is a compelling figure. I guess it's also cuz it's kinda like a preview of Grayskull itself. Just
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

LOVE this figure! If you missed out on sale day, you must get him and pay the extra money. He's phenomenal. The paint is incredible. The details on the chest armor and shield are my favorite parts, but the overall design just works.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder, who`s more bada##:

Demo Man, CG Man, Draego Man or Alcala Skeletor? I guess, only Chuck Norris can top them...

A battle between those 4 would be awesome...

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Just got mine today. All look better in person. Still not crazy about Dekker, he's just ok. Randor is very Filmation, and even though it's been 3 years, seems like it's too soon for a Randor variant. Saving the best for last, I really really like Castle Grayskullman. He's got a great barbarian/vintage feel, I'm surprised how cool he looks. Kudos Daniel and the Four Horsemen, this is the second best of the 30th anniversary figures.

Got mine... I don't like my Grayskullman as much as I thought I would. I think the thing that has spoiled him for me is the fact that thanks to the stupid way they package these things- I loathe the plastic bubble and having the weapons in figures' hands AND stuffed through a slit in the plastic, not to mention how tight the rubberbands are- both of my swords are rather bent at an angle, and one has scraped paint on the "non-China" side of the blade
    Not to be outdone, my Randor's spear is also warped from the package, as is Dekker's club.
    The figures themselves are nice- but dealing with funky accessories that are screwy because of how the toys are packaged- you would think after 4 years they would fix this- it's annoying. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Got mine... I don't like my Grayskullman as much as I thought I would. I think the thing that has spoiled him for me is the fact that thanks to the stupid way they package these things- I loathe the plastic bubble and having the weapons in figures' hands AND stuffed through a slit in the plastic, not to mention how tight the rubberbands are- both of my swords are rather bent at an angle, and one has scraped paint on the "non-China" side of the blade
    Not to be outdone, my Randor's spear is also warped from the package, as is Dekker's club.
    The figures themselves are nice- but dealing with funky accessories that are screwy because of how the toys are packaged- you would think after 4 years they would fix this- it's annoying. Meh.
    Heat 'em, straighten 'em, cool 'em. They should be alright.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I think Dekker looks amazing, CGM is a very nice figure as well and I love Randor, so nice to have another Filmation looking figure.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome pics, what's better than two skullheads with muscles battling each other? Especially if one of them is a castle...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    LOVE this figure! If you missed out on sale day, you must get him and pay the extra money. He's phenomenal. The paint is incredible. The details on the chest armor and shield are my favorite parts, but the overall design just works.
    Thanks for the pics; he does indeed look like an awe inspiring figure. I've been waiting for Filmation Randor for more than two decades, but I have to say I'm looking forward to CGM just as much right now. I think Mattel chose wisely when picking the winner here.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

He really feels like a figure from the Vintage line in hand.

Heroic Warrior

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have to say that Castle Grayskullman is an awesome figure and looks great upon my shelf. Dekker is another great addition. I've been hoping for him since his appearance in the cartoon. My only gripe this month is King Randor. The first one was easily one of my most boring figures and now I get one even MORE boring than that one. I'm sure the Filmation fans are glad to have it but I just hope us MYP fans get our Captain/King Randor with bonus helmeted head.
    Last edited by jerec350; November 20, 2012 at 02:58pm.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I have two subs.. but the box only had one Randor and Dekker. AND one UNcle Sam and Constantine. so strange...
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

I am loving CGM... I can't wait to have him!!! Awesome pics.
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Thanks for the pics; he does indeed look like an awe inspiring figure. I've been waiting for Filmation Randor for more than two decades, but I have to say I'm looking forward to CGM just as much right now. I think Mattel chose wisely when picking the winner here.
    I feel the exact same way about Filmation Randor, but like I said, I just can't put CGM down. They did indeed do a great job picking the winner--like SCB said, the really does feel like a vintage figure line in hand, and there aren't many non-vintage figures in Classics I've felt that way about.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I think he's the best of November.

Filmation Randor is my favorite. Wanted that figure since I was a kid.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I received Dekker and Randor today (Castle Grayskullman won't be here until the weekend).

Randor, as I feared, is just "meh". I'm a Filmation fan, I grew up on the cartoon, but this figure just doesn't do anything for me. Such a shame.

Dekker wasn't all that much either, but I got an idea when I watched the Pixel Dan review video, and I like him better now.

One exacto knife later, and he's less "Get off my lawn you darn kids!" and more "Stand back, kids, and let this wrinkled-up Mo'Fo' show you how we whupped ass back in the day."

So one out of three figures I like, but I'm sure that'll go up to two when CGM gets here.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I received Dekker and Randor today (Castle Grayskullman won't be here until the weekend).

Randor, as I feared, is just "meh". I'm a Filmation fan, I grew up on the cartoon, but this figure just doesn't do anything for me. Such a shame.

Dekker wasn't all that much either, but I got an idea when I watched the Pixel Dan review video, and I like him better now.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC02060.jpg

One exacto knife later, and he's less "Get off my lawn you darn kids!" and more "Stand back, kids, and let this wrinkled-up Mo'Fo' show you how we whupped ass back in the day."

So one out of three figures I like, but I'm sure that'll go up to two when CGM gets here.

He is HOT!!

I didn't like the way Dekker looked, so I cut one of his legs off, put Stratos' head on, put Stinkor's armor on, and gave him Whiplash's tail. Now he is a REAL figure.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Snappy Threader
    Amazing pics SCB. Very cool Castle Grayskullman on that throne....

I got them today, I think they turned out pretty darn good! CGM is really fun and has a great paint job! I hope they rerelease the swords in a future weapons pack, I'd like a few more of these.

Dekker is solid all around and Randor will be perfect next to Marlena and Adam.

SCB, CGM looks great in Mephisto's throne! Yours is almost as dusty as mine!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!