Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Subscription Dekker, Randor & Castle Grayskullman ARRIVED!

Heroic Podcaster
    Got mine today!

Randor is fine, nice to have more Filmation and makes me excited for Fang Man and, somedayhopefullyfingerscrossed, StrongArm!

Dekker is cool, also nice to have more 200X. At least the parts I like. Now bring on Calix and EvilSeed!

CGM is cooler in person than I thought but the one thing I always hated about him is even worse in person...THE HAIR. Why would Castle Grayskull come to life and GROW HAIR?!?!?! The colors are great, the cobbled stone sculpt, the face, the chest, the swords, all good. But where the figure could have easily had a turret head or, better yet, the helmet THAT IS ACTUALLY ON THE FRONT OF CASTLE GRAYSKULL, it has silly 90s surfer hair.

Stone golem warrior, the very magical embodiment of Grayskull...with hair. Just a bizarre and total design fail.

Deep breath, rant over. Good month, excited for Mosquitor in December.
    Last edited by SunDevil; November 20, 2012 at 07:56pm.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! - BLAST ATTAK! - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - Flying Fists He-Man
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MULTI-BOT! - NINJOR! - Peekablue
    Perfuma - Rotar - Saurod - SSSQUEEZE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Twistoid

Snappy Threader
    Maybe the hair was meant to kind of be a nod to King Grayskull....I would like to think so anyway...

Got my figures!

Dekker:
    A fun addition to the line up. While he's a surprise choice, I welcome him gladly! His boots have great detail…my Dekker will be displayed with the old head. All his joints are nice and tight and his paint apps are all spot on and clean.

Castle Grayskullman:
    This guy is absolutely fun! I LOVE the swords from the vintage flag and the detail on his shield is awesome! His paint apps are great and all of his joints are tight.

Eternos Palace Randor AKA FILMation Randor:
    I know this figure has divided some fans…but THIS is the Randor I've always wanted! While I absolutely love the vintage based Randor we already have, EP Randor is the king that I was exposed to growing up watching the FILMation toon…and now we have a FILMation royal family line up! His chalice is too cool…and we also get new feet with this king. All of his paint apps are great and his joints are nice and tight!

In all, another great MotU month! These on top of the castle going through, it's just been a fantastic time to be a MotU fan!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I think I just gave myself a preview of the fun to come this time next year.

Last edited by SCB; November 20, 2012 at 08:47pm.

Got my CGM, dude he is awesome. My son would not relinquish him. The hair actually looks better in person than I expected. The swords, shield, armor are all wonderfully done. I think He-Man would have a lot of spare time to pursue Teela with this beast gaurding Grayskull.

Imagination running wild....

PPPHHHHT yeah this one is a present to all the Filmation fans who have been waiting, but not to folks like me. He provides a fine goblet, but otherwise I'm honestly not sure what to do with him. I could at least do some jokes, but they've restricted him so much by cutting the bicep swivel and basically making his legs useless with the skirt. He's pretty much a standing figure for all intents and purposes, and I don't normally buy those. Someday I may find a use for him, or otherwise I may cut his skirt so I can at least get some wacky poses out of him. Otherwise he's delightfully foppy! I just wish I could DO something with him.

Dekker is better! I was afraid he'd be like Foppy Randor and leave his legs useless, but they have a little more wiggle room. Emphasis on "little" however. I may have to cut that some day as well...it's just that my cutting of the first version of She-Ra's skirt was a disaster, so I'm afraid to pull it off again. But MAN I want Dekker in cool poses! He's just so limited with the skirt taking away most of his leg movement. Other than that, he is one BAD mutha. I'm just looking for a body for his young head, now.

SAVING GRAAAACE! The month has been saved and subsequently burned to the ground with righteous fire by Castle Grayskullman: the most awesome of the most awesome. With a cherry on top. And that awesome yellow spongy cake. Maybe with some ARGLEBARGLE moving on from the food jokes! This figure rocks on all four corners of the Earth, which is impossible what with the roundness and all that - but that's just how awesome he is. Nothing could have embodied the classic feel of this toyline any better than this figure.

On top of that, Castle Grayskullman seems to have the best of everything - his joints are tight but not too tight, his loincloth allows his legs some nice forward movement, his arms seem to work better than everyone elses, and I dunno about the rest of you, but mine shoots real fire and has already burnt a good portion of the apartment I'm moving out of, which will cost me more money for repairs. Still, Castle Grayskullman totally said he was sorry and gave me a fist bump and we're cool.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I just noticed that EP Randor is taller than the vintage Randor and almost every other figure. I guess he's got lifts in his booties.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

In all the picks online, CGM's hair is yellow, but mine is distinctively green. Is that just the way he looks under a flash, or are there two versions?

Mine's yellow with a green wash. Much greener than my pics. Same green as the Vintage Castel Grayskull teeth.

My guys showed up today!

037.jpg

Thanks SCB. That's kinda what I thought.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I got my figs after 13 hours of work.

I find it funny that Filmation Randor has Captain Randor's bio. When Mattel got the Filmation Rights, they switched Captain Randor from 200X with Filmation Randor.

Castle Grayskullman is pretty cool! Congratulations masque! While he might not have much of a story in my canon, I'd put him on the throne of Grayskull, sort of like the Atlantean king in the tomb where Conan got his sword from in Conan the Barbarian.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ...sort of like the Atlantean king in the tomb where Conan got his sword from in Conan the Barbarian.
    That's exactly what I thought too.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

CGM will hopefully be here Friday. I can't wait, as I think he'll be one of my favorite figures in the line to date.

My regular sub came in last night.

Randor: I have to say, I really think he is about the most boring figure Mattel has made to date. I like the chalice. That's about it. I love how Mattel translated other Filmation based characters into the Classics line but Randor just doesn't work. It feels to me like rather than try to run Filmation Randor through the "Classic machine" Mattel used a mixture of already established parts and new parts with minimal detail to try and replicate the Filmation look. His colors and style (especially using yellow in place of gold) definitely make him look different from other figures in the line, but not in a good way. With the newly sculpted parts, the changed articulation, and the new accessories (necklace and chalice) its clear Mattel put some thought into Randor, but I just can't agree that it came together well.

I think Randor looks too Filmation and stands out from the rest of the pack in the same way that we've been told exact translations of 200x figures would look too different stylistically for the line.

Dekker: Besides just loving the figure and the character, I think what Randor does wrong, Dekker does right. While he is based off of one specific media he manages to incorporate enough elements of the "Classics" design to make him work alongside other figures. Also, while Dekker isn't quite wearing a battle uniform or armor per say, Mattel still managed to make his outfit interesting. Dekker has some nice sculpted pieces and an interesting color scheme.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Snappy Threader
    Finally got mine last night. Dekker is so cool. Randor is ok, but I have wanted him forever now so he ranks a lot higher for me than most....

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Just got my CG Man, Dekker and Randor.

Honestly, I do not like CG Man now that I see him in person. His jaw looks "broken". Does everybody's CG Man have a jaw that is skewed to the right (CG Man's left)? Seriously, it looks like he has a broken jaw. The one side of his mouth goes in WAY further than the other, and it looks like his mouth is crooked. I am wondering if mine is actually warped, or if this is how they all are.

cg1.jpg
    CG2.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Omg. Thank you.

Both figures are perfect. What a month! A few quick pics, will post more later.

The KG box makes for a decent chamber of defense!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Was very excited for all of these guys, and they do not disappoint. Great Month. Bring on Mosquitor!

NC's Tip of the Day™:

Leave the clear band holding King Randor's necklace in place ON!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome figure...

DSCN0573.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Just got my CG Man, Dekker and Randor.

Honestly, I do not like CG Man now that I see him in person. His jaw looks "broken". Does everybody's CG Man have a jaw that is skewed to the right (CG Man's left)? Seriously, it looks like he has a broken jaw. The one side of his mouth goes in WAY further than the other, and it looks like his mouth is crooked. I am wondering if mine is actually warped, or if this is how they all are.

cg1.jpg
    CG2.jpg
    Looks warped to me... mine doesn't look like that.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Alright, I am upset. As a Royal Subscribor, I expect my toys to arrive prior to my friend, who is a lowly DOSor! I dont understand how my shipment can be sent out 2 days early and when shipped by the same method he gets his items he purchased on the DOS. Then my DOS has not arrived either. Oh DR, you silly trickster.

I don't get the Randor hate. I'm looking forward to mine.

When mine arrives...

- swapping the first Randor's head to the new one, and also the sword and staff
    - putting Bow's non-moustached head onto the first Randor body, to make a prince (either Prince Randor or maybe someone else)... will use the blue Carnvius weapons (or maybe even Carnivus's weapons directly) for his weapons
    - giving that goblet to Skeletor, who currently resides on a MS Mephisto throne with his havoc staff (never liked the purple He-Man swords Skeletor had)

As for Dekker...

- getting the 200X Clawful staction mace (I have Clawfull in my 200X display, but never use his mace with him.. he's badass enough without it) and weapons pack arm cannon
    - young head will go on a palace guard body to hang out with young MAA, who is also on a palace guard body... actually will just be using them as generic guards with unique heads (like I currently use the extra Icarius/Fisto/Bow heads... with Bow now going to Randor and Dekker to take his place)

Didn't get Grayskullman. I'm glad I didn't subscribe to the 30th sub. Draego was cool but all the rest have been "meh". If they go cheap enough during the current sale, like 50% off, I may get Photog and Laser Lot, but otherwise they're all pretty lame.

Just got them today--like them all, but CGM is the best----definitely looks like a figure that could have existed in the original line