Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Dekker, Randor & Castle Grayskullman ARRIVED!

This really is a dud month for me. No interest at all in this version of Randor. Don't see the appeal but happy for those of you who are excited. I know there are variants I want that others don't. Dekker is a bore, never liked the character and never wanted him in the 200X days. Castle Grayskull Man is the saving grace.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

i wonder if there will be any variance between this "official" run of cgm and those that danny got in his "preproduction" case?
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    All three look good. Not so keen on CG Man's hair, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I agree about the hair. Why does he even need the hair?
    Whatcha gonna do when the power of Grayskull runs wild on you?!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    They look great.

I said on the matty forums,I will say it here. If it was not for bad luck,dr kain would have no luck at all.
    Dr. Kains only bad luck is having to deal with Matty to get his figures. The same misfortune fell on me until I found a competent e-tailer to deal with.

I've been where he is, and it is not a fun place.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Well, I got my CGman ordered! I saw that refresh page a bunch of times but I remained patient and it went through A-OK. Can't wait to see him in person! Since I pre-ordered CG a few days ago, I decided I needed a statue guardian for it.

Now I need to get the funds for a Randor (the other fig I want this month) and trade someone for a Sorceress (to add to CG next Dec).
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I am SO excited to have all three of these guys!! Sorry about the horrible ipad pic, but it is truly awesome to have a brand new figure representing each major era of MOTU. And before the NA and POP peeps tear me a new one for that, I'm counting Randor as covering all vintage.

And Patrick, I'm 100% with you on all of your OP!

Great idea using the WP Clawful shield for Dekker. I may follow suit.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Yeah, I don't know about anybody else, but the Clawful shield and mace from the WP are PERFECT for Dekker. I'm taking his young head and mace and putting them on a Palace Guard body. BAM! Instant young Dekker-at-Arms!
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Thanks! But I can't really take the credit--I think it was mentioned that that was the idea behind those weapons in those colors when the pack came out, and I'm glad they did it because I freaking love Clawful's shield, so I'm all for more chances to use it!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock323 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know about anybody else, but the Clawful shield and mace from the WP are PERFECT for Dekker. I'm taking his young head and mace and putting them on a Palace Guard body. BAM! Instant young Dekker-at-Arms!
    That would be the wrong body. When I asked him if Dekker had the same armor as Duncan, Toyguru said that Man-At-Arms is a title, not a uniform.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

maa is what ever you, and i, want it to be. i have a special hybrid maa and palace gaurd body lined up for my maa dekker, regardless of what scott says.
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

does anyone think the Eternia Tower sheild will go great with Dekker? I figure the colors probably, but the Rasta dreads and now a lion shield. Does anyone else make a connection here?

check out my art:
    http://ayotaartwork.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am typically never negative when it comes to this line. Even with its flaws, I'm not often one to complain. But I gotta say, Dekker is awful. What a snore. I can picture if this line were sold retail, we'd see a million of him warming the pegs in a Toys R Us outlet store. His colors look late '90s to me, and there is absolutely nothing interesting about him. He's a dude with a tunic... oh, and an eye patch. Yay.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Not a real big fan of Dekker...I could have done without that figure. Filmation Randor is cool and I really like CGman. And Dekker is about 10 years old now as a character isn't he? So late 90's early 00's makes sense.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    That would be the wrong body. When I asked him if Dekker had the same armor as Duncan, Toyguru said that Man-At-Arms is a title, not a uniform.
    Actually, I believe filmation Dekker was clad in man-at-arms clothes...
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Dekker should have come with an un-helmeted MAA head and the arm cannon that came with the Weapons Pack. Would have made him much more appealling. He is a very "meh" character.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzOff1981 View Post
    I am typically never negative when it comes to this line. Even with its flaws, I'm not often one to complain. But I gotta say, Dekker is awful. What a snore. I can picture if this line were sold retail, we'd see a million of him warming the pegs in a Toys R Us outlet store. His colors look late '90s to me, and there is absolutely nothing interesting about him. He's a dude with a tunic... oh, and an eye patch. Yay.
    Yep, he's one of the last gasps of a dying lien (in my heart, if nothing else).
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Actually, I believe filmation Dekker was clad in man-at-arms clothes...
    Filmation Dekker?!?!?!

Dekker was never in the Filmation series. He was a new character created for 200X.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I don't think that's really the case. Sure there's been some significant hiccups…but with Castle Grayskull's presale going so well Classics is far from being a "dying lien". And being at seven hours in, Dekker's "almost gone". Not too bad for a character that admittedly not too many were keen on (at least on these boards). Being here for the birth and death of the 200X line, I'd say there's a little more to come from Classics.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Yes, I'd say Castle Grayskull and a full year of amazing figures contradicts that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    swing and miss.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Filmation Dekker?!?!?!

Dekker was never in the Filmation series. He was a new character created for 200X.
    Sorry, his name is rohad the guy I'm thinking of, but he is the same character as dekker just different name a design
    Last edited by melmoth666; November 15, 2012 at 09:21pm.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I believe he is in the filmation cartoon, when I get home ill go through the episodes and let you know which one(s) he is in. He looks much different than the myp version. I will get screen cap and post as well
    He's not. Man-At-Arms has a teacher in the Filmation series, and though his name escapes me, it's not Dekker at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yes, I'd say Castle Grayskull and a full year of amazing figures contradicts that.
    I would say "amazing figures" if Mattel would be more contstant in producing them right. I got this year only Kobra Khan, SMAA, Draego Man, Thunderpunch He-Man & Slush Head without any flaws. Stinkor, Spikor, DB Skeletor, Rattlor, Mekaneck, 1 of the Snakemen suffered from bad decisions by Mattel. No need to mention Frosta, where even POP fans were annoyed by her color sheme and reversed forearms. My Fisto had 2 left shoulders. The drums on the Sorceress shoulders. Wait until Procrustus arrives, he`s got 4 arms to mess around with.

If Mattel would have a higher quality standard, then these figures would be "high end collector items". So far, they`re not compared to other adult collector companies OR even to other toy companies like LEGO, Playmobil or Hasbro.

This line deserves better quality!

I was talking about the future, actually. I meant the line-up coming in 2013.

As for figures with problems, mine are all great and I enjoy the heck out of them. Even minor quibbles disappear in my mind once they are on the shelf. I'm having too much fun with them to care, I guess. To each their own.

Diggin Dekker. The old man head sculpt is pretty awesome.

Clawful shield works great

Reunion

Glory Days

Homecoming

How I prefer he look