Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Subscription Dekker, Randor & Castle Grayskullman ARRIVED!

Quote Originally Posted by Wun2 III View Post
    My team up could take over Eternia easily. lol
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    may get Photog and Laser Lot, but otherwise they're all pretty lame.
    Out of everything you said, this is what stands out the most....

You'd rather buy SLL than CGm? Well, at least you didn't say Spector
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Anybody want to show off CGM army? We know they are out there....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Dekker: I really like him. The elder head is FULL of intense character and grit. Love the eye-patch and the hair. This guy looks like he has seen it all. He looks excellent with the green mace and Orcas Island shield from the weapons pack. Gave the MAA tech mace and younger Dekker head to one of the eagle plate wearing Palace guards. Perfect. This is a striking figure, and I am all for anything new in this line.

King Randor: Such satisfaction... finally here... and he looks AWESOME!!! Though, I still want Captain Randor and MYP Randor... but I'd settle for MYP Randor with an extra Captain Randor helmeted head that could go on the King Randor 1.0... at least it would be sort of like having Captain Randor. His skirt really should have had slits on the sides... that is a Ruben / Mattel design failure. Terry was able to get the slits in for Preternia He-Man. Ruben needs to pay better attention to things like that maybe? I just don't understand how that was missed... it's Eternos Palace Randor... he should be able to sit. We may never get a throne for him, but there are custom thrones that work well... he can't sit in one The goblet is great and I like that the spear was cast in "gold" plastic: no paint chipping

Castle Grayskullman: The accessories are really great, and I think the 4H translated the idea into plastic well.

Sad that the 30th line is done... I was a fan of all of them... yes, even Spector. So kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The KG box makes for a decent chamber of defense!
    http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...otu/cgman2.jpg
    That looks excellent! Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    NC's Tip of the Day™:

Leave the clear band holding King Randor's necklace in place ON!
    Defintiely agree. It is hardly noticeable and does a great job of keeping that pendant in place.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 22, 2012 at 02:53pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I got my November figures yesterday and I'm happy! Joints are tight, paint decos are clean, and they all look cool. I can see how some may feel that Eternos Palace Randor looks a bit bland and underwhelming with his lack of articulation but I'm glad to see this Filmation version. I swapped out his head with the vintage version so that he has his golden crown and he looks perfect standing with the queen. The royal family now looks complete!

I wasn't too keen on Dekker when I saw his reveal but he looks better in person to me. His attire stands out and I really like his awesome face sculpt. He's a neat character and a welcome addition to my collection!

Finally, Castle Grayskullman is simply amazing. I can see why he won the contest, he really captures the MOTU look and feel. I could see him as one of those vintage figures that would've been fun to play with. Also, with Castle Grayskull itself now going through, it's nice to know that he'll have a place to defend. The Sorceress won't be so lonely either, heheh!

Overall, another nice month of figures. I look forward to next month's set which will be my last DOS purchase before my 2013 sub kicks in!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Out of everything you said, this is what stands out the most....

You'd rather buy SLL than CGm? Well, at least you didn't say Spector
    Lol, I should clarify that if CGM was still for sale and went cheap, he'd be in the Photog/SLL bracket. But he's sold out, so can't do much about that! :P

I was going to upload an image of CGM with a sword I found that works GREAT with him, but I keep getting a message "that I have exceeded my image qouta" --does anyone know what this means (I have posted plenty of images before but never had an issue ) PLEASE HELP!

P.S. the more I look at it--it looks like I need to upgrade my acct to post more pics, if I do the Tier 1 though do I automatically get more pic posting credit, or does that not work until tier 3 (sorry im confused --maybe I had too much turkey today )
    Last edited by He-Kal; November 22, 2012 at 09:18pm.

Use photobucket for free.

Thanks! just created an account. Here's my pic finally
    Last edited by He-Kal; November 23, 2012 at 12:56am.

Out of sheer curiosity SCB, from what action figure/toyline is that sword that CGM is holding up in that pic?

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity SCB, from what action figure/toyline is that sword that CGM is holding up in that pic?

Regards,
    Victor P.
    The CGM pic is mine--SCB was helping me out with posting from photobucket (just created an acct). The sword is from a TF Vector Prime figure I've had for a couple of years now (White and Gold version). What's cool is the figure came with 2 swords like this one (the other was almost hidden with the figure). I thought I would try to see how this sword would work with CGM and was shocked how well the color of the sword matched CGM's colors Very happy how well this worked out

Decided to try a red cape inspired by the mini comic where the king of Castle Grayskull is shown to Teela in a vision.

He is AMAZING with that cape!

I agree. That cape is KILLER for CGM!
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Wow! It's really a great idea!
    Where the cape come from?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Great pics, everyone. Can't get enough of Castle Grayskullman, taking photos of him, and seeing other people's photos of him. Man, I love these two figs. I always liked CG Man, but didn't think I'd like him as much as I do, b/c he's not really a 'real' character. He's more like spell, a one-time entity that appeared in one battle. But he's awesome. Feels and looks vintage.
    I had some outdoor pics planned for both, but will have to hold off for better weather. And in Dekker's case, until spring .

Skull faces

CG Man looks great with the reliquary as well. It's almost like his own personalized pez dispenser. Or just something really cool for him to hold.

The 30th line complete. Like or or hate it, here is the full group from a decent minisub. I love the last 4 figures, each more than the last. Draego and Photog I can do without, and may get rid of them. But they do look cool all together.

Young and Old Dekker. The long hair prevents using the back of MAA armor. Palace guard armor works better, but I just removed the back piece for now.

Fully loaded.

The MYP characters. Don't they look great? (And yes, FANG counts! )
    IMO, Dekker is among the best looking of the group. He turned out so perfectly, I can't believe people think he's 'boring' or that lesser MYP characters should have come first. The 4H knocked this one out of the park (well, as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That looks excellent! Great idea
    It's even cooler if you put him in the box, turn off the lights, and open the jawbridge. =)
    Last edited by Whiplash7; November 23, 2012 at 05:35am.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Love "PIMP CUP" Randor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Red Trinity; November 23, 2012 at 01:29pm.

Got mine the day before Thanksgiving!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    You forgot Dragon Blaster Skeletor! LOL Just messin' with ya dude. Go Leafs! (if they ever play again)
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Go Leafs!
    The only thing I can reply with is:

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I swapped out his head with the vintage version so that he has his golden crown and he looks perfect standing with the queen. The royal family now looks complete!
    That's brilliant. The yellow didn't bother me too much, but I was wishing that he and Marlena matched. GOOD thinking on that switch.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's brilliant. GOOD thinking on that switch.
    I was thinking of doing the same until I realised, I don't have the original Randor !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Just got my sub figures, and am enjoying them. Added some extra palace guard arm armor to Dekker and I think he looks pretty snazzy as a result.
    photo.jpeg
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Got mine last week. Could care less about Randor. CastleGrayskull Man was pretty awesome, but I haven't opened him yet.

I opened Dekker, and he is a pretty decent figure. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I can easily see Dekker's boots on a Seahawk figure, except in black. They look like great swash-buckler boots.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Those might be Eldor's boots as well. I could see Snout Spout's boots go to Sea Hawk.