Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra's Shield...Problem?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

She-Ra's Shield...Problem?

I LOVE She-Ra's shield. It looks absolutely perfect design-wise.

However, this shield has a problem I PRAY is not a mold defect. It's bent/dented on the left side...pretty significantly. I hope someone's noticed this. Here's a giant picture from thefwoosh:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Bang your head!!!
    Screw the shield! That's clearly the acid vile for Keldor!

Yeah, I would assume that it's just a factory error... Nothing too major...

Oooh, yeah. I see what you mean. I'm no expert, but it seems like they'd have to make an all new steel mold?

You know I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it now. NOw all I can see is the dent. I hope they fix it.

I'm hoping the dent is fixed too, seeing as EVERY PoP girl will be coming with this shield (minus Catra, she has her own design). This is a majorly important accessory!

It could be like He-Man's shield and sword "dimples"...right? Some have them and some don't for some strange reason?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Who cares about the dent it's battle damage. Lol Maybe BC did it since he's so close to it.

I love the gem in it though.

The dent is 100% accurate to the filmation episode The Shield and The Rainbow.

This is probably only a prototype, right? I cant imagine molding has been made for this item unless She-Ra is coming much sooner rather than later (like June). I'm sure they will fix it. But yes if it happens to be a problem and every shield looks like this that would suck. Since they will probably release that shield 10+ times over. Makes me giddy just thinking about it...not the dent...just an army of POP shields.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The dent is 100% accurate to the filmation episode The Shield and The Rainbow.
    Really I will need to watch that episode. But, I would rather NOT have a dent.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm hoping the dent is fixed too, seeing as EVERY PoP girl will be coming with this shield (minus Catra, she has her own design). This is a majorly important accessory!
    Not every female figure. The only series 1 figure to have that shield was She-Ra.

Sheild looks awesome. Based on timing (Mossman in production now, april figure) I imagine She-ra is not in production yet, and this can be rectified (if it is at all systemic of a problem with the mouldm rather than a one-off error).
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Chances are it was just handled poorly en route to the art show, hence the dent. This might be one of those ToyGuru examples of fans reading too much into things

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Not every female figure. The only series 1 figure to have that shield was She-Ra.
    I'm sure they ill all come with the shield this time around as all figures are supposed to have 2 accessories and all but Double Trouble came with a comb.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Yeah, I would assume that it's just a factory error... Nothing too major...
    I hope you are right.

I'm sure they ill all come with the shield this time around as all figures are supposed to have 2 accessories and all but Double Trouble came with a comb.
    They'll probably give each figure an appropriate extra accessory. A shield would be out of place for magic users like Angella and Castaspella, so they're more likely to get a wand or staff instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They'll probably give each figure an appropriate extra accessory. A shield would be out of place for magic users like Angella and Castaspella, so they're more likely to get a wand or staff instead.
    I always gave Angella She-Ras pink shield and one of the pinkish swords that came with the fashion sets. I think those work nicely for her. But a wand or staff would be ok too. Double trouble always got to use She-Ras gold sword (while the real she-ra had the pink starburst sword).

It will definitely be interesting to see what some of the ladies get as accessories.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    What!? A shield with a dent in it!?!

Gasp...

Am I the only one who thinks that this may have been done on purpose? I mean, it is a shield! Shields do get dented in battle. Plus, they did the same thing with the 200x Teela's shield. I think this is just some added realism.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 10, 2010 at 07:54pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    I'd say it is probably meant to be that way: Hey look, She-ra's shield has taken a beating! It is kind of depressing.

Secondly, and my larger concern, this shield is way to small. I'm depressed.

-Necrono
    Last edited by Necrono; January 10, 2010 at 07:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrono View Post
    I'd say it is probably meant to be that way: Hey look, She-ra's shield has taken a beating! It is kind of depressing.

Secondly, and my larger concern, this shield is way to small. I'm depressed.

-Necrono
    Her toy shield has always been small. It was the Filmation one that was big.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    What!? A shield with a dent in it!?!

Gasp...

Am I the only one who thinks that this may have been done on purpose? I mean, it is a shield! Shields do get dented in battle. Plus, they did the same thing with the 200x Teela's shield. I think this is just some added realism.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...eld0_thumb.jpg
    It's not on purpose and the Teela shield bothered me to no end! If it was on purpose, He-Man's would be dented as well.

It's not on purpose and the Teela shield bothered me to no end! If it was on purpose, He-Man's would be dented as well.
    He-Man's shield is made of Eternium™ - the most powerful metal in the Universe!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 10, 2010 at 10:50pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

On a bit of a side note, do you guys think we're definitely going to be getting a toy-based She-Ra now that we have an update of her classic shield?

Also, I got a little confused reading through some of the comments in the other thread regarding the shield. I thought someone said she was coming with a silver shield or that Toyguru hinted there would be two versions. Could someone explain it to me?

He-Man's shield is made of Eternium™ - the most powerful metal in the Universe!
    I think She-Ra can sum this up the best:

Sword to shield!

The only damage she can have done to her weapons is having the stone break/crack...then she loses all power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    On a bit of a side note, do you guys think we're definitely going to be getting a toy-based She-Ra now that we have an update of her classic shield?

Also, I got a little confused reading through some of the comments in the other thread regarding the shield. I thought someone said she was coming with a silver shield or that Toyguru hinted there would be two versions. Could someone explain it to me?
    I think yes.

I think She-Ra can sum this up the best:

Sword to Shield!

The only damage she can have done to her weapons is having the stone break/crack...then she loses all power.
    Ah... but is the shield the same shield that was used in the cartoon? I don't think so...

Although the Filmation and toy shields shared the same basic shape, the design within the shields was different. The two shields are also different colors (cartoon = silver, toy = gold).

In the cartoon, She-Ra's sword possesses the ability to transform into different weapons and accessories, such as a shield. However, in the classic mini-comics, it showed her using both the sword and the shield at the same time. That means that they were two separate weapons in the original toyline, and not meant to be the same weapon.

The original toy version never had a crystal. That is something added on for MOTUC.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 11, 2010 at 01:18am.

www.hemanworld.com

The original toy version never had a crystal. That is something added on for MOTUC.
    Colour = toy
    Jewel = Sword to shield.

Remeber Imp...I mean, red living creature shield?