Thread: Black Friday Speculation thread

Hybrid View

Black Friday Speculation thread

With only a little over a week away from Black Friday, I figured now was as good a time as any to start a discussion about next week's sale, assuming there is one. Last year, I was able to acquire over half of my collection in that one weekend. I have collected the line from the beginning, but had to sell off large chunks of it last summer. I was fortunate and thankful they had the sale last year, as it allowed me to pick up many key figures, some of them at really good prices. I remember getting Teela, Orko/Adam, MAA, Scareglow, Tri-Klops and Webstor among many others. I am all caught up at this point, with the exception of Mer-Man and Zodac.

I guess the first question is, are we sure there is even going to be a Black Friday sale this year? I am not as tuned in as many of you are, and I usually don't have time to listen to the various podcasts and such. Has there been anything definitive said about there being a sale for BF or Cyber Monday?

I just kind of assumed there would be considering there were no re-issues this month, and the fact last year's sale was such a big success.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    I think that for Black Friday they should do grab bags and pack them full of Black Plastic.

But in all seriousness, I hope they do the grab bags again. I made out like a bandit last year. My grab bag has a Shadow Beast, Queen Marlena with Cringer, and a Chief Carnivus.

I sure hope there is a Black Friday sale this year. Need some bucks for customs. Also, still need Griffin and Spector (but don't want to pay full price for them).

I am hoping for:

Star Sisters at half off
    Zodac
    Whiplash

Here's hoping for Scareglow, and maybe Man-at-Arms again and a discounted Green Goddess...
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I am hoping for:
    Zodac
    Whiplash
    I'd really like to see these two! I have a Zodac but he's the non-tattooed version and I'd like the other. And I missed out on Whiplash way back, so he'd be welcome as well.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I've been needing to buy a couple figures to display their additional heads and I've been avoiding buying any for this reason. I hope they do have another black friday or cyber monday sale. Even a mad matty would be fun. I was only missing teela last year and I was able to get her last year at like 3am? when the sale started.

I don't really remember an announcement. I think I came here and saw a post and boom hey look half price toys.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I agree with the 50% off group. That is an excellent way to boost your collection and add doubles, triples, bucks for customizing, or openers....

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I am hoping for:

Star Sisters at half off
    Zodac
    Whiplash
    You should be able to find the Star Sisters for much less than what they originally sold for right now.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I would love to see any of the following in order to complete my MOC collection:

~Captain Glenn
    ~Horde Prime
    ~Keldor
    ~King Randor
    ~Optikk
    ~Princess Adora
    ~Queen Marlena
    ~Snake Man-At-Arms
    ~Faceless One
    ~Goddess
    ~ZodaC
    ~Mo-Larr vs Skeletor
    ~Shadow Weaver
    ~Wun-Dar
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

The only thing I don't have from the earlier released figures is Mo-Larr vs Skeletor, so getting hold of that for a decent price would be cool.

I wouldn't mind picking up an extra Tri-Klops, Teela and Beastman, but there's nothing I'm desperate for as I’m mostly caught up.

Unless of course they really surprise us and put Castle Grayskullman back on sale. I'm not that naive though lol.

I would like to get one horde prime to make the comicbook version and one beast man to make an all-red minicomic version

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I would love to see any of the following in order to complete my MOC collection:

~Captain Glenn
    ~Horde Prime
    ~Keldor
    ~King Randor
    ~Optikk
    ~Princess Adora
    ~Queen Marlena
    ~Snake Man-At-Arms
    ~Faceless One
    ~Goddess
    ~ZodaC
    ~Mo-Larr vs Skeletor
    ~Shadow Weaver
    ~Wun-Dar
    If Shadow Weaver and to a lesser extent Wun-Dar ever went on sale, not just a Black Friday deal but at a discount on top of it all? Yeah people would call for peoples heads at Mattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    You should be able to find the Star Sisters for much less than what they originally sold for right now.
    In fact, I just picked up the Star Sisters for $40 last week.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    In fact, I just picked up the Star Sisters for $40 last week.
    Wow, I couldn't even get $40 for them. As such, I'm donating them to Toys for Tots. I've already filled up a quarter of one of the bins at TRU with random stuff I don't want anymore.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

If memory serves me right, weren't the figures that they offered at a discount done on Cyber Monday? I could be wrong, I have a fuzzy memory about certain things, but it seemed like during the afternoon last year on Cyber Monday, there was a new figure each hour they offered for like half off or something. This was when I was able to get my MAA, Tri-Klops and Trap-Jaw.

there was a small discount on Black Friday (and the only Way I was able to get Scareglow... he went out fast!) on Monday it was a weird discount day. some had a small discount, others had a GINORMOUS Discount. sadly they screwed us over on the shipping costs!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I hope there is a sale. I've been after a Zodac to display loose for ages.

I got quite a few figures at cyber Monday last year. Goddess, Tri-Klops and Webstor. They're even better when they cost you less.

Can anyone remember when the sale announcement was made last year? Also, did they tell us what was going on sale initially or was it revealed when the sale began?