Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Speculation thread

Black Friday Speculation thread

With only a little over a week away from Black Friday, I figured now was as good a time as any to start a discussion about next week's sale, assuming there is one. Last year, I was able to acquire over half of my collection in that one weekend. I have collected the line from the beginning, but had to sell off large chunks of it last summer. I was fortunate and thankful they had the sale last year, as it allowed me to pick up many key figures, some of them at really good prices. I remember getting Teela, Orko/Adam, MAA, Scareglow, Tri-Klops and Webstor among many others. I am all caught up at this point, with the exception of Mer-Man and Zodac.

I guess the first question is, are we sure there is even going to be a Black Friday sale this year? I am not as tuned in as many of you are, and I usually don't have time to listen to the various podcasts and such. Has there been anything definitive said about there being a sale for BF or Cyber Monday?

I just kind of assumed there would be considering there were no re-issues this month, and the fact last year's sale was such a big success.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    I think that for Black Friday they should do grab bags and pack them full of Black Plastic.

But in all seriousness, I hope they do the grab bags again. I made out like a bandit last year. My grab bag has a Shadow Beast, Queen Marlena with Cringer, and a Chief Carnivus.

I sure hope there is a Black Friday sale this year. Need some bucks for customs. Also, still need Griffin and Spector (but don't want to pay full price for them).

I am hoping for:

Star Sisters at half off
    Zodac
    Whiplash

If memory serves me right, weren't the figures that they offered at a discount done on Cyber Monday? I could be wrong, I have a fuzzy memory about certain things, but it seemed like during the afternoon last year on Cyber Monday, there was a new figure each hour they offered for like half off or something. This was when I was able to get my MAA, Tri-Klops and Trap-Jaw.

Here's hoping for Scareglow, and maybe Man-at-Arms again and a discounted Green Goddess...
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

there was a small discount on Black Friday (and the only Way I was able to get Scareglow... he went out fast!) on Monday it was a weird discount day. some had a small discount, others had a GINORMOUS Discount. sadly they screwed us over on the shipping costs!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Royal Eternian Borough of Macduff, Scotland
    I hope there is a sale. I've been after a Zodac to display loose for ages.

I got quite a few figures at cyber Monday last year. Goddess, Tri-Klops and Webstor. They're even better when they cost you less.

Can anyone remember when the sale announcement was made last year? Also, did they tell us what was going on sale initially or was it revealed when the sale began?

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I hope there is a sale. I joined the .org last year after the madness of that weekend. I'd like to grab Kobra Khan if I can.

I would like to see: 1. Man-At-Arms 2. Man E Faces 3. Mer-Man

Heroic Warrior
    I am very intrigued by this as well. I am planning to make sure that I am ready for this since I am still looking for a few that I really want (Webstor). Also if I recall correctly, the grab bags were only available to US residents. If that is the case, has anyone helped out fellow org'ers with this? Anyways I am looking forward to the sale since I plan on getting my Christmas gift for myself (He-Man, Battlecat, Skeletor and Panthor) with any BF and CM sales.

I hope they do a Skeletor/ Panthor bundle like they did with He-Man/Battle Cat recently.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

now that there will be a castle I would love to pick up some openers for display
    Teela, maa, orko maybe, evil lyn, battle cat..
    not sure about any others but those would be nice
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I would like the Mad Matty Monday grab bag style again. Last time I got Tytus, Moss Man, Bow and the Mo-Larr pack. This time I would hope for Snake Men (for customs), Vykron (worried mine will break), The Goddess (mine finally broke ) and some other figure that I could use for customs or sell.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I would like the Mad Matty Monday grab bag style again. Last time I got Tytus, Moss Man, Bow and the Mo-Larr pack. This time I would hope for Snake Men (for customs), Vykron (worried mine will break), The Goddess (mine finally broke ) and some other figure that I could use for customs or sell.
    The Mad Matty packs, while great for us, are not a smart financial move on Mattel's part. They used them before to move out stock of stuff they had a hard time selling (ie Mo-Larr).

I think we might see Mad Matty again, but not until early next year.
    Once they use Black Friday/Cyber Monday to push out individual stock at a minor discount, they could use Mad Matty to move the remainder of everything out the door.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope that the sale is run better than last year.

The nonsense with different figures appearing at different times, for different periods of time and with different discounts was incredibly frustrating, especially since it essentially forced you to pay for separate shipping for the figures since you couldn't risk not buying it straight away because it would be removed from the site before other figures that you wanted were listed for sale. It didn't end up being much of a sale thanks to all the extra shipping charges!

Still, I'm hoping for Queen Marlena and Randor (preferably regular Randor, but I'll take Filmation). Maybe Buzz-Off and Whiplash or Clawful as well.
    Last edited by Haephestus; November 15, 2012 at 06:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    The Mad Matty packs, while great for us, are not a smart financial move on Mattel's part. They used them before to move out stock of stuff they had a hard time selling (ie Mo-Larr).

I think we might see Mad Matty again, but not until early next year.
    Once they use Black Friday/Cyber Monday to push out individual stock at a minor discount, they could use Mad Matty to move the remainder of everything out the door.
    I agree completely. Last year's BF/CM sale is how I got my second set of Palace Guards and scored a Battle Cat for my son.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

I picked up beastman,mossman,clawful,king hiss,faceless one,man-e-faces,tri-clops and skeletor.. good times.!

I would really like a blind box or grab bag kind of thing! That would be fun and even if it wasn't figures I needed would be good trade fodder at a decent price! Wouldn't mind a discounted Gygor or Shadow Beast though.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I am hoping for:
    Zodac
    Whiplash
    I'd really like to see these two! I have a Zodac but he's the non-tattooed version and I'd like the other. And I missed out on Whiplash way back, so he'd be welcome as well.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I've been needing to buy a couple figures to display their additional heads and I've been avoiding buying any for this reason. I hope they do have another black friday or cyber monday sale. Even a mad matty would be fun. I was only missing teela last year and I was able to get her last year at like 3am? when the sale started.

I don't really remember an announcement. I think I came here and saw a post and boom hey look half price toys.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Last year was good. I only grabbed some extra guards and a Captain Glenn at the heavy discount as I get everything at first release (well, except for Battle Cat but got him eventually ) and really can't justify re-buying for the sake of it. But the guards were cool to make uniques and Glenn could be a separate character as I obviously had my original as Marlena.

Would probably grab some of the 30th sub figs if they are half priced. Only grabbed Draego originally as the rest are very "meh".

Maybe even grab some more guards and possibly Snake Men, although I'd rather a recoloured re-release for those guys. If they were half off, I'd probably bite.

Not a fan of the Mad Matty packs as they only made them available to US customers.

Hope everyone gets something that they want, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    I think that for Black Friday they should do grab bags and pack them full of Black Plastic. ....
    Black Plastic Friday!!!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com