Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Speculation thread

Didn't we know about the Black Friday sale before now, though? I can't remember. Just wondering if they'll still do it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Didn't we know about the Black Friday sale before now, though? I can't remember. Just wondering if they'll still do it this year.

I don't think so as it could *potentially* disrupt sales of the 15th sale if people had the two to compare and therefore budget accordingly.

From a business standpoint it's wise to let the 15th sale run its coarse for a few days before announcing any thing so that they don't compete with one another.

I only am looking to get She-Ra at a discount, hopefully they do the essentials like that....and maybe Leech & Catra....Griffin, if he's cheap enough....that's all for me, unless they toss out the regular Orko again, I have the SDCC, but I really want the regular Orko for display, but don't really need another Adam, I could leave it carded, or buy an Orko separate from someone.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    If I remember correctly the action figures were only $10.00 last year...all of them that were single. basically half price off everything including beasts. I also remember them waiting pretty late to announce the sale...they released several good ones at 3am eastern...then there was a HUGE wait for the next releases...they released them Monday the following week (the big boys came out)! That is how it went down...we were all on the edge of our seats...Friday morning several came out...nothing saturday...nothing sunday...then a HUGE suprise that Monday!!!!

Maybe a Castle Grayskull Man among others....

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    No... The news announcement was released on 11/18 and the actual items weren't announced until 11/23 (the day before Thanksgiving)

Items were 10% off on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.... All during the business day on Monday, random figures went on sale for $10 for 2 hours each.

November 18, 2011

Toy Fans,

We've had some big sales here on MattyCollector.com, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to our massive Black Friday Sale: be here at 12:01 a.m. PT on Friday November 25th and we'll have well over 50 items available, all at 10% off!

You'll be able to grab those figures you wanted but missed throughout the year, get 10% off everything and save on bulk shipping! It's also the perfect time to get gifts for all those toy collectors on your list and best of all, no mall! The sale extends through 11:59 p.m. PT on Cyber Monday, so it's really more like a Black Friday Through Cyber Monday sale.

What exactly is on sale? There are too many products to list here, so come back to the MattyCollector.com homepage on Wednesday afternoon 11/23 and look for the sale banner at the top of the page. One deal I can tell you about is when you purchase any three 12" Movie Masters® figures all on the same order, you'll get them at 50% off the regular price. But that's not the only one – you'll want to check in often because you never know what surprise products and special pricing will come and go*.

I'll also post the link to the sale page on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums, and I'll send an email reminder, so Click here to register today. One last thing… although the sale runs through 11:59 p.m. PT, quantities on many items are limited so you'll definitely want to shop early to make sure you get all your favorites!

–Matty

* Mattel reserves the right to change the sale price and product order limits at any time. All sales are final.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    I totally didn't think of Matty last black friday andd only heard of the crazy deals weeks later. I'm on it this year-- hoping for...

-Fearless Photog
    -Sir Laser Lot
    -Castle Grayskull Man x2
    -MAA (never seem to have enough)
    -Teela (going for a 3rd "vintage" toy look)
    -Adam/Orko

If the prices are low enough, I'll be canniblizing...

-Snout Spout
    -Icarius
    -Mekaneck
    -Stinkor
    -King Randor (OG)

Heroic Warrior
    Here's my recap of last year's festivities: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...65#post2887465

My guess for this year is a release of CS stock for some of the 2011/2012 figures. I'm hoping for Fisto and Kobra Kahn at reduced prices to display with their second head, plus Snout Spout who I completely missed on sale day. Those plus Zodac, Whiplash, Roboto, and the original King Randor would complete my collection minus the SDCC and subscription exclusives that I missed!

Sorry but I feel no sympathy for anyone complaining about being able to buy a figure cheaper than what they went for when they were originally released.

"I wasn't tld when the cheap figures would be on sale and Not all the figures went on sale at teh same time so I had to buy cheap figures separately" I shall find a tiny violin for all of my MOTUC figures to play for you.

Having things go on sale throughout the day helps drive traffic to sites. Many companies do this and is a smart selling tool.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    "I wasn't tld when the cheap figures would be on sale and Not all the figures went on sale at teh same time so I had to buy cheap figures separately" I shall find a tiny violin for all of my MOTUC figures to play for you.
    I got no problems with Matty selling figures they sold in 2011 for $20 at $22 this year, but I really hope they don't release 2 figures an hour on Cyber Monday again. It's just stupid. If they had BBTS' Pile o' Loot concept, fine, but otherwise consumers don't win, and Digital River makes out like a bandit because they can charge "handling" for multiple shipments.

I had no issues with the $10 figures, I placed 2 orders Monday, one for 2 $10 MAA and one for a $10 Tri-Klops, and one first thing Friday, for $18 Teela & Adora....yeah DR shipping is a *****, but for the discounts I got on the figures, it was made up for.

1 @ $10, 1 @ $26, 1 @ $20 Order Total= $56, otherwise would have been $20, $40 & $40....$100
    1 @ $8.70, 2 @ $11.75, Shipping

Saved $44 in figures....yeah the shipping was still high, but the $44 saved still helped cushion it. Still sucked though to have to place 3 separate orders, and to find out The stock of Teela they had sold out just as soon as I placed my order at 3am EST....just after the sale started.

And adding to my list I may see if they offer the older Weapons Packs again, with Buzz Off, Catra & Leech....hopefully I can see those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Mangar View Post
    I got no problems with Matty selling figures they sold in 2011 for $20 at $22 this year, but I really hope they don't release 2 figures an hour on Cyber Monday again. It's just stupid. If they had BBTS' Pile o' Loot concept, fine, but otherwise consumers don't win, and Digital River makes out like a bandit because they can charge "handling" for multiple shipments.
    And gouge on it severely....it's funny I buy things from other sites, and pay half the shipping price at times, and get the stuff faster....But I do have to say, even BBTS is insane for USPS Priority mail, when I can send the same merchandise they send for half or less using priority, and the same 3 days applies.

But when the figures last year were popping up at $10 and they were much needed and wanted ones, the shipping balances out, yeah I know then you still paid money with the shipping, but you ended up getting the figures at a good price over Ebay scalpers, and many of them jack up shipping as well....and you know they do.

How Many people paid $80 for a MAA, only to end up paying $10+ for shipping? I know, I saw many of the auctions before the BF/CM sale was announced....hoping someday to see these figures back on Matty....and my patience paid off, I got to screw a few scalpers and get the figures I needed nice and cheap, direct from the original source of those figures.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm hoping we get the 50% discount again this year.

I want
    Teela (not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers)
    Leech
    King Hsss (not a Snakema fan, but after getting the 2-pack and Rattlor I decided I should get KH, but at a discount if I can)
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Sorry but I feel no sympathy for anyone complaining about being able to buy a figure cheaper than what they went for when they were originally released.

Having things go on sale throughout the day helps drive traffic to sites. Many companies do this and is a smart selling tool.
    I agree with this.

Cyber Monday rocked. You could still pick up 2 figs. for the cost of one...

I've taken off for Cyber Monday!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG...Sorceress!!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I agree with the 50% off group. That is an excellent way to boost your collection and add doubles, triples, bucks for customizing, or openers....

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I am hoping for:

Star Sisters at half off
    Zodac
    Whiplash
    You should be able to find the Star Sisters for much less than what they originally sold for right now.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I would love to see any of the following in order to complete my MOC collection:

~Captain Glenn
    ~Horde Prime
    ~Keldor
    ~King Randor
    ~Optikk
    ~Princess Adora
    ~Queen Marlena
    ~Snake Man-At-Arms
    ~Faceless One
    ~Goddess
    ~ZodaC
    ~Mo-Larr vs Skeletor
    ~Shadow Weaver
    ~Wun-Dar
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

The only thing I don't have from the earlier released figures is Mo-Larr vs Skeletor, so getting hold of that for a decent price would be cool.

I wouldn't mind picking up an extra Tri-Klops, Teela and Beastman, but there's nothing I'm desperate for as I’m mostly caught up.

Unless of course they really surprise us and put Castle Grayskullman back on sale. I'm not that naive though lol.

Heroic Warrior
    would love to get the following
    @ 50% off

Teela
    Bow
    she-ra
    Hordak
    catra
    whiplash
    clawful
    man-e-faces
    scare glow

I would like to get one horde prime to make the comicbook version and one beast man to make an all-red minicomic version

Heroic Warrior
    The Figures that I want to snag are:

He-Man
    Battlecat
    Skeletor
    Panthor
    More Palace Guards
    Webstor
    Draego Man
    Mighty Spector
    Some more weapons pack
    MAA
    and a few others

Those few other would be

Vykron (need to get that head)
    Wind Raider
    Goon
    Last edited by The Goon; November 16, 2012 at 12:52pm.

Snappy Threader
    I need

Tri-Klops
    Buzz-Off
    Orko
    Queen Marlena
    Screech.....

I need way too many to list...but I'd pee a little if we got...

Teela
    Scareglow
    Whiplash
    Regular Randor
    Adora
    Tri-Klops
    Webstor
    Buzz Off
    Man-E-Faces

I don't care if they are ON sale, I just need them to be FOR sale.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I would love to see any of the following in order to complete my MOC collection:

~Captain Glenn
    ~Horde Prime
    ~Keldor
    ~King Randor
    ~Optikk
    ~Princess Adora
    ~Queen Marlena
    ~Snake Man-At-Arms
    ~Faceless One
    ~Goddess
    ~ZodaC
    ~Mo-Larr vs Skeletor
    ~Shadow Weaver
    ~Wun-Dar
    If Shadow Weaver and to a lesser extent Wun-Dar ever went on sale, not just a Black Friday deal but at a discount on top of it all? Yeah people would call for peoples heads at Mattle.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
    The Figures that I want to snag are:

He-Man
    Battlecat
    Skeletor
    Panthor
    More Palace Guards
    Webstor
    Draego Man
    Mighty Spector
    Some more weapons pack
    MAA
    and a few others

Goon
    Did you miss last month's $30 He-Man + Battle Cat birthday-celebration pack? I doubt you'll get a much better deal than that on those; basically, they were giving the He-Man figure away for free. Battle Cat has outrageously overpriced shipping charges (over twice those of Panthor) and the S&H price does not get discounted in the event of a sale.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Yep I missed it. wasn't trying to either, I just quite honestly forgot about it until I went to bed that night. Woke up the next morning and went D'oh!

It's okay, a small discount is better than no discount imo.

Goon

I still need the following to complete my collection:

Fisto
    Roboto
    Optikk

Wouldn't mind a random figure to create a Tank Guy.

Dream figures:

Wun-Dar and Shadow Weaver - I know highly unlikely.