• Four legs, unique

109 71.24%
  • Forget it

1 0.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mantenna Compromise

The Mantenna Compromise

The Mantenna Compromise

Mantenna has four legs. Who knew, right? Judging from Jean's poll, most folks think he's pretty essential to the line. However, like most of the Horde, he'd have to have a unique sculpt. Since that's pretty dang unlikely, we'll have to get creative to see how he can re-use parts.

The poll options are as follows:

He should have two legs: Just retcon his other pair of gams out of existence. ToyGuru waves his hand and performs his Jedi Mind Trick..."Mantenna only ever had two legs!"

He should have four legs in a method that can be shared: They could probably make a new hips/crotch piece with four leg joints. I don't know how the engineering would work, but if they made it, they could re-use it with Modulok, Multi-Bot, and maybe even Sagitar.

He should have four legs in a unique manner: A unique tool that cannot be recycled for another figure to get the most accurate representation of Mantenna.

Forget him: You can't see how they could possibly make a four-legged figure look good, and you'd prefer that they didn't even try. Rather than compromise on his appearance, you'd rather that they just not make him.

There's no reason as of right now, Mantenna couldn't be a possibility as a unique sculpt. That being said, there's no need for a completely new sculpt, in the Vintage, he is similar in size to most of the rest of the figures, and the basic body and arms could be reused with some new parts. And the Vintage figure is likely to be the base of the Classics, like all others have been, so as much as many want the 200X version, we will get a Vintage version with a few possible cues from 200X. The legs and the groin area are the only things that need to be re worked to work for him to come.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I feel some what like shadowfall1976 had said, and yeah if the groin was a new sculpt it could be possible for a few other character's that are also essential for the line as well as the manotuar! Ok realistically the head, groin, and legs would be new, the arms could be buffed up and a then they could be a re-used sculpt as well as the torso!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Now that we are getting Mosquitor, he is my most wanted figure. I would be disappointed if he did not get a proper figure with 4 individual legs. I would be more disappointed if we never got him, so I would be willing to compromise if that was the only way to get him made. Mantenna RULES!!!

no compromise! no surrender! we will have Mantenna! (in all his glory)

No Way! You make Mantenna two legged and I will not be buying it and I am sure it would also cost them a lot of subs.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Mattel always goes all the way on vintage characters. He should have 4 separate unique legs. This isn't the 80's.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

If they don't make a proper mantenna I will make do with the great staction rather than have a rubbish looking classics version.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This isn't the 80's.
    No it is not, and if Hasbro can finally give us Classics / Universe Ironhide & Ratchet (even though they could have done much better) with a head, I think Mattel can give us a 4 legged Mantenna.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

4 Legs and a cross between filmation/200x.....lets pretend the vintage toy didn't exist

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    4 Legs and a cross between filmation/200x.....lets pretend the vintage toy didn't exist
    I agree... the vintage toy was a shame... that's why we need a Mantenna in MOTUC, he deserves a right toy form!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

The way I see it is that they would have to a) sculpt shared legs or b) sculpt the crotch piece. So why not do it proper and sculpt the crotch piece and have four seperate legs and do it right.

Snappy Threader
    4 legs is my preference....

I'd rather have two legs like the vintage figure. If they want to make some sort of leg attachment that connects to the back to have it either way that'd be fine too.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    he needs 4 legs for sure.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I think they should tool a crotch piece that can use the front two legs in a standard way and then accommodate a third attachment on the back where a separate, unique piece could be glued into place that would attach the other two legs.

This crotch piece could then be reused with Modulock and Multibot, allowing more segments or a third leg to pop in it. The soft rubber crotch piece could be a unique tool to each character to accommodate their specific need.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I'm definitely pro four separate legs.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

As long as he's got four seperate legs.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    What about normal body, crotch, a 2 legs. Then add the others in a way, similar to Whiplash's tail (stay with me!) - clip on a new back piece which runs down, and over his butt, then add 2 legs instead of the tail piece. Thoughts?
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    As vintage as possible! I loved the beefy monster Mantenna of the toyline. Don't really care for the shaky, thin Don Knotts Filmation version.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    As vintage as possible! I loved the beefy monster Mantenna of the toyline. Don't really care for the shaky, thin Don Knotts Filmation version.
    Wouldn't you want the scarier staction version?

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wouldn't you want the scarier staction version?
    Scarier to who?

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Classic all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Classic all the way!
    Even with the fused legs?