Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dekker now sold out

Heroic Warrior

Dekker is SOLD OUT; King Randor still ALMOST GONE

Wow...I mean, personally, I like Dekker over this King Randor, as I prefer the Randor we got in Dec. 2009. But, I'm surprised Dekker sold out before Randor. I guess the people who went ballistic for Randor at Comic-Con and Power-Con really don't represent the fan base on a whole maybe. Anyways, good to see a 200X character sell out and let's hope this Filmation variant sells out soon,

Indeed, I never was a fan of 'Eternos Palace King Randor', and now that I have the figure in hand, it looks even more lackluster.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I like the Filmation version and would have gotten it if I didn't already have the first one. I don't need two Randors, so I passed, but it has nothing to do with the design of the figure.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I have both Randors.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I just couldn't justify the expense for Randor. But he has such a sweet goblet
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Maybe the lack of shoulder articulation would have spoiled the party ! So, its not the variants mistake..... it's design team !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I'm afraid I may not get a Dekker in good shape. Mine was defective, with multiple paint scratches and flaws on his head, face and left arm. I tried for a week to get a replacement with matty CS through email support, but they just kept asking me the same questions over and over. Asking if I opened it and asking me to describe the flaws. They sent me multiple emails of this type. Each time I responded they sent the same questions again. I told them I could provide pictures if that would help! Then I get an email saying they will send me a return label in two business days.

A week later, NOTHING! So I email them again and ask where is the return label. They respond that a resolution has not been made on my case, but it's being treated as high priority and I'll be notified if anything changes.

*** Matty? What other resolution is needed? My figure is defective, so you take it back and send me a new one.

What is the hold up?
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I am hoping that the slow sales of Filmation Randor will deter ToyGuru from deciding to heap any more Filmation variants of already-released characters upon us. I'm just not terribly interested in the overly simplistic Filmation designs seeping their way on to my action figure shelves more than they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Indeed, I never was a fan of 'Eternos Palace King Randor', and now that I have the figure in hand, it looks even more lackluster.
    Long live the Burger King!

I showed him to my wife, and asked her what she thought of it first look....and she said Buger King....I kind of like him, and while because of his brick like status, he will remain MOSC.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Maybe the lack of shoulder articulation would have spoiled the party ! So, its not the variants mistake..... it's design team !
    The bicep swivel could have still been preserved at the elbow, much like Teela, and why they didn't slit the "skirt" after the She-Ra thing, I'll never figure that out, except maybe one word....RUBEN! Poor design choices, otherwise he would have been a flawless cartoon adaptation of Randor. I mean a King needs to be able to sit on his throne....I'd be crap out of luck if I couldn't sit on mine....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I am hoping that the slow sales of Filmation Randor will deter ToyGuru from deciding to heap any more Filmation variants of already-released characters upon us. I'm just not terribly interested in the overly simplistic Filmation designs seeping their way on to my action figure shelves more than they already have.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I understand what you are saying, but I have lived almost my entire life waiting for Filmation accurate He-Man and Skeletor figures! (I know it's a long shot, but dang it! I'm gonna keep on hoping!!) Even if these two are the only re-released figures in their Filmation style....

I Love the way Randor turned out (Heck, I bought four of him!) and I am stoked for Fang Man..... so I really don't mind the intrusion of Filmation design, in fact I welcome it!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I would prefer we get NEW Filmation characters before we get variants taking up a slot. I already have Skeletor and He-Man...give us Scorpia or others before we get variants of characters we already have.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I still want to see a Filmation Marzo, but I can definitely see wanting to get new characters first, especially at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    ...and in my opinion...he deserves that title. IMO, he IS the worst figure of the year. While I like the Filmation look, this just didn't translate into a toy very well. From the lack of articulation in the arms...to the lack of movement in his legs, to the horrible looking joint at his ankle due to his "slippers."

I wasn't a fan of Dekker but having him in my hands changed my mind. He's not one of my favorites, but I definitely like the figure and think that Mattel/4H did the character justice.
    I would have definitely preferred the "original" 200X Randor that was replaced with Filmation Randor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Me neither. Either the Captain Randor or Battle Armor versions from MYP would have been much preferred.

I agree for the most part, I don't want to see these versions take up slots over new figures from Filmation. There are a couple of exceptions most notably Clawful which this was the version that made him my favorite character. But I also face the realization that this figure will never be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    I would prefer we get NEW Filmation characters before we get variants taking up a slot. I already have Skeletor and He-Man...give us Scorpia or others before we get variants of characters we already have.
    Exactly.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    ...and if he's black plastic with painted skin tone i will be selling him off immediately
    I have used the boil and pop method and scratched the inner sides of deltoid, bicep, forearm, and hand. All flesh colored parts on Dekker were cast in the appropriate colored plastic.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think any Filmation variants should be special purchases. Imagine a two pack of Filmation He-Man vs Skeletor or Hordak with Imp as additional (and optional) SDCC exclusives? Fans have been clamoring for a Filmation Hordak the most. It might go over really well as a nostalgic exclusive, especially since many fans seem to think of Filmation as the be-all and end-all of the entire mythos. Filmation Teela, Tung Lashor and Clawful could follow...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I understand what you are saying, but I have lived almost my entire life waiting for Filmation accurate He-Man and Skeletor figures! (I know it's a long shot, but dang it! I'm gonna keep on hoping!!) Even if these two are the only re-released figures in their Filmation style....

I Love the way Randor turned out (Heck, I bought four of him!) and I am stoked for Fang Man..... so I really don't mind the intrusion of Filmation design, in fact I welcome it!
    Nailed It Brotha !

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think any Filmation variants should be special purchases. Imagine a two pack of Filmation He-Man vs Skeletor or Hordak with Imp as additional (and optional) SDCC exclusives? Fans have been clamoring for a Filmation Hordak the most. It might go over really well as a nostalgic exclusive, especially since many fans seem to think of Filmation as the be-all and end-all of the entire mythos. Filmation Teela, Tung Lashor and Clawful could follow...
    Quoted For The Truth !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Dekker is a very basic, no frills figure, but is one of my favorites this year. Just very well put together and a good design.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I guess the people who went ballistic for Randor at Comic-Con and Power-Con really don't represent the fan base on a whole maybe.
    Of course they don't represent the fan base as a whole.

Who ever thought otherwise? Besides Scott, I mean.

It is interesting how it's OK to dumb down the detail for Filmation-accurate figures, but apparently not the other way around to see more 200x-inspired elements.