Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/16/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/16/2012)

MOTULA.org

After a 20 year (or more) long wait, we could finally see finished "The Powers of Grayskull" 3 mini comics (And it was awesome!!). Are you planning to use benefit of your DC Comics alliance to release a regular comic series expanding the story into a format more suited to the complexity of the saga?

No. The DC comics are their own cannon and won't be tied in directly to the Classics cannon as told through bios and pack in mini comics.

Remembering the original vintage P.o.G. mini comic, it was supposed that we would see in it the origins of the Grayskull power and Skeletor's too. In the new one, this was changed to tell the events of the Ultimate Battleground. So, can we assume that in the upcoming mini comics announced "The Origin of He-Man" and "The Origin of Skeletor", will achieve the original mini comics objective?

For starters, there is only one more mini comic planned right now, The Origin of Skeletor. There is no Origin of He-Man planned. The Origin of Skeletor comic, which was drawn and completed months ago does not cover the origin of the Power of Grayskull. A lot of this has been covered already in the bios. Particularly the TOD Sorceress bio and King Grayskull.

Is there a new Lord of Avion Stratos after 'death? who is it?

Yes. Tufos took over after Stratos heroically died during the Second Ultimate Battleground.

Moving the conflict between He-Man and Skeletor to Primus, what is about Eternia? There are enough villains in Eternia to suppose that peace reigned since then, what happened between the Evil Warriors and Masters while Skeletor and He-Man hadn't returned to Primus? What happened in Etheria? Did someone take Hordak's place? Or Great Rebellion prevailed and Queen Angella reigned?

Ready for it…

Keep reading the bios~!

After Evil-Lyn was stripped off her powers by Teela, she also lost her yellow skin tone, then, which's her original skin tone? The yellow color is because of her magical powers?

Her yellow skin is her "powered up look". She was born with tan skin.
    Toyhypeusa.com

Toy Hype USA: Recently it was asked if Castle Grayskull could have elements from the Filmation series. What about elements from other shows such as 200X?

Toyguru: Likely we will not include as many 200X elements as that Castle was greatly redesigned and we are going to stick to the vintage look for the Classics Castle.

Toy Hype USA: You stated in the Q/A with He-Man.org that there was a bio for Snake Mountain. Would future playsets and other large items depend on the success of Castle Grayskull?

Toyguru: Yes.

Toy Hype USA: Would it be possible for Castle Grayskull to have a space inside to display Castle Grayskullman?

Toyguru: If you mean a “hidden chamber of defense” that is unlikely. But you can pose CGM or any other 6″ figure anywhere on the Castle.

Toy Hype USA: Has Mattel been reading fan suggestions about the free gift for Frosta? Such as a small character like Orko and Kowl? The vintage figure came with a comb, would that be a possibility instead of a small character?

Toyguru: Likely it will not be a newly tool’d item.
    mintconditioncustom.com

Thomas asks: Toyguru spoke of a EU distribution center after SDCC this year. What is the chances it will be up and running by the end of next year in time for Castle Grayskull, as this will make a massive difference to EU customers considering the pre-order.

At this time, no plans, We simply do not have enough customers in any one area in the EU to justify this logistically.

Mike asks: Will DHL be offered as a shipping method for Castle Grayskull? Even if it is added later, could we pick it via the new ‘sub page’?

No. We won’t be able to offer DHL on the Castle.

Murdock asks: Will the new Masters of the Universe game eventually be available for Android mobile phones?

Yes!
    kastorskorner.com

Kastor’s Korner: We know there will be a free gift for Masters of the Universe sub-holders, due to the production error on Frosta, but since she is in the 2012 subscription and the gift will not be available until 2013, will this year’s subscribers who did not sign up for a 2013 sub still receive the gift?

Mattel: We are actually still reviewing what we can do and when this item will ship. It may happen still in 2012 to close the book on the year and start fresh in 2013. More info to come.

Kastor’s Korner: If The General’s chest armor were to be included in a future Weapons Pak, would it be more likely to see a recast f the 200x piece, or an all-new sculpt?

Mattel: The armor was already sculpted and tool’d. It was cut very late in the game when we found out Rattlor was overcost due to all the deco on his arms and legs. We hope to include it down the road with some other item.
    preternia.com

Q: If the Classics line (or part of the line) was ever to go retail again, would you use different packaging similar to how DCIE switched when it went subscription?

A: Likely yes. We would also likely “plus down” the figures with one head and one accessory to maintain collectability for the original release. But there are no retail plans right now, this is just hypothetical.

Q: Now that MOTU has a growing modern library of comic material along with the iOS video game, will any of those properties find some influence in MOTUC in the way of heads, pack-ins, or full out characters in the Classics line?

A: Only time will tell. No plans right now.

Q: The sticker pack came with 14 Great Rebellion stickers and one solitary Time Agent sticker. Does this mean we will not be getting any future Time Agents? Say it aint so!

A: Not at all. We added that in specifically because fans were asking for more justification on what the “spade” symbol meant. The sticker is to clarify it is the symbol for the Time Agents and not a “spade” the same was He-Man symbol is the symbol of Power, not an “Iron Cross”. Symbols have different meanings in different cultures after all.

Q: Since the Rattlor General armor was sculpted, does it include bracers and greaves like the 200x figure had? Or was it just the chest armor?

A: No, it is only chest armor.

Q: A Weapons Pak to get things like the Rattlor armor and Strobo gun makes sense. What is the probability we could get something in a pak like the alternate Grizzlor head we once saw?

A: Extremely unlikely. We don’t have plans for more “200X” inspired face sculpts in the Classics line. Whiplash was a more of a one time event.
    hordak.de

1. You have done figures in filmation style like Queen Marlena, Orko, Adora, Swift Wind. Now there is one character, who had a very special look in filmation: Mantenna. C'mon, you know, you DON'T want to do him in filmation design, do you? Could you imagine NOT doing him in this style? ;-)

We are very excited about Mantenna and he does have some cool looks that differ between the toy and animated series. How he will be tackled remains to be seen!

2. Is there a chance for Leech's net to appear in a future weapons pak, but with Netossa's material?

Not likely. Weapon Paks need to use tools that hold multiple weapons so it is less likely to see the net reappear. But never say never.

3. Any update on New Adventures He-Man and his accessories?

Not yet, but we are still hoping to include the Dare helmet and armor. We should know by NYTF.

4. Many fans are very pleased with the latest weapons pak. Could you imagine tooling more weapons with the figures and then releasing them later in a weapons pak (like Rattlor's armor and Strobo's gun)?

Rattlor's armor was already tool'd before it got cut due to all of his paint ops putting him over cost. So it is more likely this will be released sone how one day. Other newl'y tool'd items made specific for a pack are based on what tooling is available for us.

5. There are rumor's about a bigger announcement in february. Can you confirm you will announce a surprise for us?

Yes, we do have a big surprise for MOTUC fans for NYTF.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    MOTULA.org
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/
    greatrebellion.org
    toyhypeusa.com

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 21, 2012 at 02:13pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Who is Tufos? Was that a snarky answer, or a real one?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think this thread is going to blow up between the Frosta item not being a new item and who the hell is 'Tufos'?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

"They call me TUFOS!!!"
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; November 16, 2012 at 12:46pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think this thread is going to blow up between the Frosta item not being a new item and who the hell is 'Tufos'?

I don't know what other folks are expecting, but I've been thinking the free Frosta gift is just going to be something like the Bubble Power She-Ra sword in Frosta-centric colors, or The Goddess' spear in icy-looking plastic, which would be totally fine by me.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that didn't know about Tufos.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    edit: nevermind
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Tufos? Are they listening to Metallica's kill'em all or what?! I give up.

Snappy Threader
    Tufos the brother of Stratos? Of course.
    Last edited by iron_pride; November 16, 2012 at 03:11pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    and who the hell is 'Tufos'?
    He's the Freshmaker!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

As a kid I had the reverse color Stratos and I decided he was Stratos' cousin; Tropos. (I named him after in science class I learned about the stratosphere and the troposphere.)

Anybody think that the "Frosta bonus" is Rattlor's armor?

He said that it won't be a newly tooled item...and then went onto say that the armor is already tooled.

What the Tufos?!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

online with my office computer in Liverpool

Toofers?
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Tufos sounds like the 2014 sub exclusive.

Shame about the Frosta gift likely not being a newly tool’d item, I was hoping for her Style Guide staff. It could be Netossa's sword then.
    Also a shame about the Grizzlor head but we did already know this.
    Good news about the Rattlor armour though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

A lot of this confirms the rumors about the Cholo/Tufos two pack we've been hearing about.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    As a kid I had the reverse color Stratos and I decided he was Stratos' cousin; Tropos. (I named him after in science class I learned about the stratosphere and the troposphere.)
    I did the same & also threw in another dewd named Mesos.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Tufos? LOL. What's his gimmick? We need goofy names for Eternians, not just goofy names that don't describe the individual. How about Flyos, Aviotar, or Wingas? These are all terrible names, but at at least they fit.

Whbinder, I like the Tropos name.

I'd like to hope that the 'gift' item for the Frosta screw-up would be Rattlor's 200X armor, but that seems unlikely. Especially given that his armor could be a nice draw for collectors to invest in the next Battle Pak. More than likely the gift will be a repaint of a comb/sword or something as equally uninspired. Probably something on par with non-separateable power sword accessory from Power-Con. Not a 'must have' accessory or anything to write home about, but still nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    A lot of this confirms the rumors about the Cholo/Tufos two pack we've been hearing about.
    Does this version of Cholo come with a wife beater t-shirt, a bandana too low over the eyes, and a 40 of Old E' in a paper bag?
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    I like it. Tropos makes sense. Do they have a tufosphere on Eternia?

I don't know, but rather than an Avion, to me it sounds more like someone from Stinkor's race. (*)

(*) The word tufos is a colloquial way of saying "stenches" in Spanish. But I guess TG isn't aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Tufos? LOL. What's his gimmick? We need goofy names for Eternians, not just goofy names that don't describe the individual. How about Flyos, Aviotar, or Wingas? These are all terrible names, but at at least they fit.

Whbinder, I like the Tropos name.
    Tufos
    Heroic Windbreaking Warrior
    Watch him fly past, but be sure to wear a mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I like it. Tropos makes sense. Do they have a tufosphere on Eternia?
    Poor Eternians, God forbid!
    Last edited by uaxuctum; November 16, 2012 at 03:21pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure why people are discouraged that the Frosta item is not something newly tooled. Where were we ever led to expect that it might be? Plus, didn't people see the free gift for the Ghostbusters sub that didn't go through? It was a repainted Slimer that had already been released.

It makes no sense for Matty to release a newly tooled item that might attract a future buyer but is only given to sub holders. A repaint of just about any of the female weapons released so far in icy translucent blue would be just fine. (I'm glad they're doing it, but the mixup with her forearms wasn't that big a deal anyway. It was a relatively easy fix.)
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Well since Stratos is numero uno, or Unofus, naturally his predecessor is his number two, Tufos? Sorry bad joke, but then jokes are funny, right? Anyways, I never expected anything special for the Frosta gift. Lower expectations seem to work for me on something like this to manage any disappointment I may encounter.

Ok, I keep rereading that and it was completely stupid and unfunny.
    Last edited by orbles; November 16, 2012 at 03:23pm.