Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 131

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/16/2012)

  1. #26
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,529
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    As a kid I had the reverse color Stratos and I decided he was Stratos' cousin; Tropos. (I named him after in science class I learned about the stratosphere and the troposphere.)
    Exactly on it right there. We already got Tufos in the DC Universe two pack with Hawkman. Tufos is Strato's brother...that is how Matty is spinning the reverse color wings back in vintage days and today, much like the Wonder Bread Savage He-Man of vintage days, and Wun-Dar today. I just figured it out for us. Ha. Joking.

  2. #27
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,985
    Agreed

    An "icy" weapon would be great:

    -Goddess spear (as suggested)
    -BG Teela sword
    -She-Ra axe
    -Frosta's cape in icy translucent plastic

    OR

    the BP She-Ra sword in blue for Netossa

    I really think the gift should be POP related.. it's only fair at this point... it's a gift that is supposed to be an apology for a mistake on a POP character.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,385
    Oh, Duke, it is not all about POP! In fact I was thinking about MOTUC the other day and wow has POP got the shaft. They have so many awesome characters to do and they have not even scratched the surface. I hope we get 3-4 in the next 12 months or so to try and bring them up to speed. The fact that they say it was all planned out from the beginning is sad, because they really wanted to do the vintage MOTU way before addressing the other factions.

  4. #29
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,716
    I'm hoping for an Alcala Skeletor head with the white war paint or the orb holder with the pale green translucent plastic as it was shown at SDCC last year.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  5. #30
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Oh, Duke, it is not all about POP! In fact I was thinking about MOTUC the other day and wow has POP got the shaft. They have so many awesome characters to do and they have not even scratched the surface. I hope we get 3-4 in the next 12 months or so to try and bring them up to speed. The fact that they say it was all planned out from the beginning is sad, because they really wanted to do the vintage MOTU way before addressing the other factions.
    I know I often mention POP stuff... but that's because my love of vintage motu is completely satisfied in this line... and while I do like NA quite a bit, it's not as potent a faction for me as POP is... even my 200X desires are sated with this line... The Faceless One was my most desired and we got him Marzo? Check! Dekker, Carnivus, King Grayskull, The Griffin, and a bunch of cool accessories and alternate heads.

    POP really has been given the short end of the stick when it comes to the heroic characters.

    Double Trouble, for example, could have been thrown in quite early. In the Classics line, I see her as being done in the more medieval style that has been shown in drawings... she'd fit right in. I mean, even my mom, when I was a little kid, allowed me to have that figure because she said she thought it looked like a "he-man figure."

    I just wish that Scott had been more generous all along with them. I think that the Filmation characters have only bumped Great Rebellion and NA heroes. I love Filmation, but at this point, someone like Lizard Man could be made (using Rattlor and Whiplash parts) and could have bumped Clamp Champ.

    So thanks for saying what you said. I'm very excited about the Grayskull playset, and the line-up for 2013... but it would be nice if I could say I already own Castaspella, Glimmer, Kowl, and Sweet Bee at this point. I really don't think that is asking for too much at all... especially when I don't think 2014 will have more than 12 figures
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  6. #31
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Oh, Duke, it is not all about POP! In fact I was thinking about MOTUC the other day and wow has POP got the shaft. They have so many awesome characters to do and they have not even scratched the surface. I hope we get 3-4 in the next 12 months or so to try and bring them up to speed. The fact that they say it was all planned out from the beginning is sad, because they really wanted to do the vintage MOTU way before addressing the other factions.
    The worst part is that, of those few PoP they have done, half of the time they've screwed up (PMSCoolGray2Cgate, TentacledStatuegate, PriceyPegwarmersgate, KidnappedAListergate, NoSpiritgate, CannotRideHerMountgate, ...).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  7. #32
    Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I'm not sure why people are discouraged that the Frosta item is not something newly tooled. Where were we ever led to expect that it might be?

    It wasn't promised, but Scott did say they were looking into what the item might be, and how it could cost out. It may have been a new tooled piece or it may have been a repaint of existing tooling. So he set the correct expectation.

    Fans are always going to be disappointed that there wasn't a way to sneak a little extra 4H goodness out of this line.

    But no one can say it was promised or guaranteed, and no one has reason to be mad at Mattel for the final product because, at the end of the day, this is a free bonus that they're doing to say sorry.

  8. #33
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    A lot of this confirms the rumors about the Cholo/Tufos two pack we've been hearing about.


    After consulting some online dictionaries: Tufos means "bushy" in Romanian, and in Spanish means "stink; stench; pestilence; whiff; fug; funk; travertine, type of limestone deposited at the mouth of a spring".

    Anyway, why didn't Hawke become the leader of Avion? Or even Better, Delora? Unless Tufos is Stratos' son or 2nd eldest sibling, the Avions are a patriarchal bunch.

  9. #34
    The Man Called 'V' Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,027
    Tufos=Avatar, the early version of Stratos with the tan skin tone. At least that's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

  10. #35
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    POP really has been given the short end of the stick when it comes to the heroic characters.
    How do you figure?
    You've got Octavia, Shadow Weaver, Adora, and the Star Sisters. Characters that never had figures before.
    Plus, She-Ra, Catra, Bow, Frosta, and Netossa. Plus an amazing Swift Wind!
    Seems PoP in my opinion has gotten plenty of love. At least as much as the Horde and Snakemen.
    Much more love than NA and 200X.

    There's only around 10 PoP characters left to do! I've no doubt most if not all of them will be done within the next two/three years.
    AND chalk on another character that never had a figure in Scorpia. You know she'll happen, Eric wants her done. Scott wants her done.

    How is getting all these, giving PoP the short end of the stick exactly? I'm not looking to pick a fight, just trying to understand.
    Last edited by Baena; November 16, 2012 at 04:59pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  11. #36
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    How do you figure?
    You've got Octavia, Shadow Weaver, Adora, and the Star Sisters. Characters that never had figures before.
    Plus, She-Ra, Catra, Bow, Frosta, and Netossa. Plus an amazing Swift Wind!
    Seems PoP in my opinion has gotten plenty of love. At least as much as the Horde and Snakemen.

    There's only around 10 PoP characters left to do! I've no doubt most if not all of them will be done within the next two/three years.
    AND chalk on another character that never had a figure in Scorpia. You know she'll happen, Eric wants her done. Scott wants her done.

    How is getting all these, giving PoP the short end of the stick exactly? I'm not looking to pick a fight, just trying to understand.
    NA and PoP have gotten the short end of the stick. Can't say I'm a big fan of them, but even I can recognize that.
    There is just no way monthly slots should have went to Vikor and Demo Man, for instance, instead of PoP and NA. While it's primarily a motu line, and the spinoffs are just being brought into the fold, they could have also sacrificed at least a couple of vintage motu in lieu of those other eras. Like, there's no way they shouldn't have Glimmer by this point. And a couple of the PoP figures you mentioned haven't even been released yet.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    How do you figure?
    You've got Octavia, Shadow Weaver, Adora, and the Star Sisters. Characters that never had figures before.
    Plus, She-Ra, Catra, Bow, Frosta, and Netossa. Plus an amazing Swift Wind!
    Seems PoP in my opinion has gotten plenty of love. At least as much as the Horde and Snakemen.

    There's only 10 PoP characters left to do! I've no doubt most if not all of them will be done within the next two/three years.
    AND chalk on another character that never had a figure in Scorpia. You know she'll happen, Eric wants her done. Scott wants her done.

    How is getting all these giving PoP the short end of the stick exactly? I'm not looking to pick a fight, just trying to understand.
    OK:
    Wave 1 MOTU in MOTUC:
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Beastman
    Man-at-Arms
    Mer-Man
    Stratos
    Teela
    Zodac
    Missing MOTU Wave 1 Figures:
    None

    MOTU Wave 2 figures in MOTUC:
    Evil Lyn
    Faker
    Man-E-Faces
    Ram Man (coming in Jan 2013)
    Trap Jaw
    Tri-Klops
    Missing MOTU Wave 2:
    none
    MOTU Wave 3 in MOTUC:
    BA He-Man
    BA Skeletor
    Buzz-Off
    Clawful
    Fisto
    Jitsu (Coming in 2013)
    Kobra Khan
    Mekaneck
    Orko
    Adam
    Webstor
    Whiplash
    Wave 3 Figures Missing:
    none

    POP Wave 1 In MOTUC:
    Bow
    She-Ra
    Frosta
    Catra

    Missing POP Wave 1 Figures:
    Castaspella
    Angella
    Glimmer
    Double Trouble
    Kowl

    PoP wave 2 in MOTUC:
    none

    POP Wave 3 in MOTUC:
    Netossa (coming in January)
    BP She-Ra

    Not trying to be a jerk, but that's why POP fans feel they're getting the short end of the stick... (NA has it worse and all that... they don't get any stick at all.) Also I'm going with toy based figures, beasts, concepts and cartoon or comic characters that expand the era are not being counted.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  13. #38
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,608
    Honestly, I feel we are one or two Great Rebellion characters behind at this point, but that's it. NA is far less represented than any faction. We have as many concepts (or more) than NA.

    Plus, no one can actually, truly believe that PoP or NA is more popular than vintage or could realistically expect PoP and NA to carry the line as much or more than vintage representations.
    Last edited by RockinHard; November 16, 2012 at 05:13pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  14. #39
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,705
    I guess my view is... 2013 is set in stone more or less, and there's undoubtedly NA and PoP figures coming to round things out.

    My point is they're coming. They're gonna happen.

    NA has the short end of the stick for sure, but I disagree that PoP has gotten it, especially when I look at my collection and see a chunk of it devoted to PoP. Which I think is great btw.
    Look at the love the Horde and Horde ladies are getting!

    Adora!

    No Glimmer and Angella aren't there yet, but they will be, look how long we had to wait for Ramman.
    And they're coming! You know they're highly likely to be out by the end of 2014 amongst many others like Mermista, Castaspella, Double Trouble.

    I think PoP fans must be in panic mode that the line is ending... I think Grayskull has saved it for a time, and I'm sure we'll still see PoP figures trickling in well into 2016. I do see the line calming down after 2013 some, that's my guess. But It won't die if we don't do subscriptions.

    Look, I want Mermista, Angella and Glimmer just as much as the rest of you. I just don't think it's entirely fair to say PoP has been basically ignored. That's just not true.

    I say, look to the future and know that PoP will most likely be more prominent in the figures that are coming.
    Rather than fuss about what's already done in the past.
    Last edited by Baena; November 16, 2012 at 05:14pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  15. #40
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Tufos=Avatar, the early version of Stratos with the tan skin tone. At least that's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
    That would work too, maybe Keldor-esqe in that he was half human or something and was discarded until they realized he was powerful or something....

  16. #41
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,383
    Maybe it's a repaint of Frosta's head with a better paint job? (Light blue hair)

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,547
    I personally hope the gift is like the Keldor sword, something not necessary but neat.

    2014 better be a go and better feature AMAZING @$$ figures like Scott promised to sell 2013. If we get 6 figures I will buy them but feel sad all year. I think the size of 2013 is the smallest we should ever have for a sub.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    607
    I love how we always hear "PoP/NA/200X doesn't get enough love!" How about the movie? We're five years into the line and there's not one (of only three possible figures as of now) to see MotUC form. I'd love to see Lubic, Karg, Kevin, Julie, and movie versions of He-Man, Skeletor (regular and god), Teela, Man-at-Arms, and Evil-Lyn if they were possible, but for God's sake, let's at least get Blade, Gwildor, or Saurod into this line!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior bamf1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,795
    Frosta's head with painted hair or Frosta's cape cast in translucent blue like the image on Matty's website would be prefect.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior RyDell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,795
    Repainted Frosta Head would be awesome OR and Ice blue battle cat... that would be cool too!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

  21. #46
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,636
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Repainted Frosta Head would be awesome OR and Ice blue battle cat... that would be cool too!
    Or a translucent blue Castle Grayskull.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230

    A: Extremely unlikely. We don’t have plans for more “200X” inspired face sculpts in the Classics line. Whiplash was a more of a one time event.
    So what is Fisto?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior RyDell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,795
    Dude, not a bad call!!! That would be a cool bonus.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Frosta's head with painted hair or Frosta's cape cast in translucent blue like the image on Matty's website would be perfect.
    And a cartoon-colours Frosta body to go with them!

  25. #50
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So what is Fisto?
    Fisto is his vintage head wearing his 200X headband. It's not a 200X head.

    Moss Man and Stinkor are exceptions because their original heads were Beast Man and Mer-Man repaints respectively.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •