Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/16/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think of there was a sub of the following:

Glimmer
    Sea Hawk
    Angella
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Scorpia
    Sweet Bee

That would sell very well.
    Do you think it would sell well enough to hit the minimum required? I'm guessing it would take the same numbers as the 2013 sub and CG. I would buy that sub because I'm a big fan of having all the characters in my collection. However, I have my doubts that you could do a POP only sub and hit the same numbers.

That said, I have no idea how big the POP fanbase is, or how many current collectors would opt for this alternate sub.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

I think they should do a Pop sub to get some of the more obscure maybe not as mainstream characters out. It will be a huge letdown to not get Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Perfuma, Double Trouble, Entrapta etc. An all female sub might actually do alot better than what people think. I think that Glimmer, Mermista, and Castaspella (maybe Angella) will be the last Pop gals we will see if this line ends by 2015.

The core group for me has always been Glimmer, Bow, Kowl, Madame Razz/Broom. Angella is the Queen so it would be like not having Randor in our collection.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel should do a POP sub. Those fans get their stuff earlier, I get my vintage stuff earlier in the regular sub.

Four years later and we're still talking about separate faction subs. I say keep it the way it is now. We'll get to them all. Though, it will be interesting to see what TG's "New Program" is come NYTF.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Four years later and we're still talking about separate faction subs. I say keep it the way it is now. We'll get to them all. Though, it will be interesting to see what TG's "New Program" is come NYTF.
    If anything needs a sub, it's Filmation/Jetlag. It keeps the 2014 sub limited to original MOTU characters and extends the slots of that year without taking them away from the original characters. People would buy a sub to finish their 80's rosters--imagine if it was ONLY Vintage, POP or NA, with additional Filmation and Jetlag characters offered in a companion subscription?

This is why I suspect that we are bulldozing through the reveals! The year isn't over yet and we know half of the 2013 sub. In the past, we wouldn't have found all that out until NYTF in February. Mattel is really blowing through their surprises and I think a 2014 Filmation sub might be why. We might see the first few figures revealed at NYTF.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    As long as fans support a 250$ castle besides a sub, they would support a Filmation sub.

I'm really hoping for a Filmation sub. I want my Filmation Hordak complete with transformation forms and Imp.

I can’t imagine what else Scott would have meant. Maybe I am being biased, but I think Filmation is the only “faction” worthy of its own mini-subscription.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I really hope that the "gift" is POP related it makes no sense that it be MOTU since it was a Frosta who got F-ed over with messed forearms and gray plastic.
    And I really hope the free gift is something different like Rattlor's armor, or possibly a glow in the dark Orko (see Slimer). Also I don't think the free gift should have anything to do with Frosta as it was because she was shipped with an assembly error and subscribers had the option to return her. So why would you send out a free item for a figure some subscribers sent back?

Ram-Man may be popular but he is not a "core" character. The "core" characters in MOTU were He-Man/Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Orko, and The Sorceress. They were the heroes featured in the the majority of the Filmation and MYP cartoons. Glimmer like Teela or MAA was featured in nearly every episode She-ra along with She-ra/Adora, Bow, Kowl, and Madame Razz. Vintage MOTU fans have their heavy hitters and a bunch of low level characters like Scarglow, Zodac, and Roboto, so I don't see how POP fans don't have a right to be upset that we don't have Glimmer, Kowl, and Madame Razz.
    Wow my core characters are very different?

POP for life!

Don't need anymore vintage MOTU figures.
    And I think we need all the vintage MOTU figures. Go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If anything needs a sub, it's Filmation/Jetlag. It keeps the 2014 sub limited to original MOTU characters and extends the slots of that year without taking them away from the original characters. People would buy a sub to finish their 80's rosters--imagine if it was ONLY Vintage, POP or NA, with additional Filmation and Jetlag characters offered in a companion subscription?

This is why I suspect that we are bulldozing through the reveals! The year isn't over yet and we know half of the 2013 sub. In the past, we wouldn't have found all that out until NYTF in February. Mattel is really blowing through their surprises and I think a 2014 Filmation sub might be why. We might see the first few figures revealed at NYTF.
    I would agree that the only other viable sub option would be a Filmation (or Cartoon) subscription. I would doubt POP or NA could manage enough support on their own, while I would probably buy any of these.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Frosta's Gift

While a newly sculpted item would have been fantastic, it seemed more realistic that it was going to be a repainted weapon. My preference is for BP She-Ra's sword in a shade of "blue" that works with BOTH Frosta and Netossa (so that you can use it with either of them). But, I'd also be very happy to see the Green Goddess spear in "bright white" (again, meaning it could work with BOTH Frosta and Netossa), Frosta's cape in a translucent blue (similar to Jewelstar's cape) or She-Ra's axe-comb in "bright white".

Re: POP

I really hope we see more POP in 2013. I know one more heroic character which had a vintage toy is due to be released, but even with one more member of The Great Rebellion to add to the ranks, they seem woefully understaffed to fight The Evil Horde. I really hope we see Glimmer (with Kowl), Castaspella, Queen Angella and Mermista sooner rather than later. Madame Razz and Broom would also be great, but due to all the unique tooling, I just don't see them as being a likely candidate for release.

I really hope it's Rattlor's armor. Netossa sword would work too but that's easier to get in a weapon pack I think.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The only way I'd be into a Filmation/JetLag/MYP/Animation sub is if it had no repeat characters. I'd feel like it's a waste of money if they re-hashed older figures. I realize other fans would be completely stoked if that's exactly what it was, but I bet there are just as many fans who feel the way I do. Seems like a dicey situation.

Let's just say I do not think the NY Toy Fair announcement is a POP Mini-Sub.

Filmation/Jetlag? Maybe.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It's gonna be rattlors armor...they said its nothing new and it's tooled already...
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    It's gonna be rattlors armor...they said its nothing new and it's tooled already...
    But by those standards it could be anything we've already received in another color.

Tooled doesn't mean produced. The Rattlor Armor was tooled but not produced (I think) for the figure... unless it was produced and pulled purposely to put into a weapons pack down the road...

That would be smart... saving the rattlor armor, something a lot of people would like, for a new weapons pack.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'll be happy with anything, but I think this should be a 'targeted' apology item. Something that makes sense to appease the POP collectorbase more perturbed by the backwards arms. I might be spacing out here, but wasn't there discussion that a repaint of Bubble Power She-Ra's sword was due? I'd think it needs to be something like that, that the folks truly disappointed with Frosta can enjoy.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

But by those standards it could be anything we've already received in another color.

Tooled doesn't mean produced. The Rattlor Armor was tooled but not produced (I think) for the figure... unless it was produced and pulled purposely to put into a weapons pack down the road...

That would be smart... saving the rattlor armor, something a lot of people would like, for a new weapons pack.
    It worked for the last pack....I think they just produced a lot of them, adding it to the essentials was a cool idea, I hope they have more of the first two, if we get a BF sale....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope that the "gift" is POP related it makes no sense that it be MOTU since it was a Frosta who got F-ed over with messed forearms and gray plastic.
    Meh....

They've screwed up a LOT of figures... and i like to think that it's an 'apology' for ALL of them

Snout Spout, King Hiss, Roboto, Green Goddess... All 'Vintage' characters... well, at least 'MOTU' characters soooo if they have a cool accessory in mind that goes with some OTHER character, I don't think the PoP fans should be TOOOOO bent out of shape on it. Rattlor armor, Filmation sword... SOMETHING awesome is better than NOTHING

If they would give us the Rattlor armor for free, they could as well have given it with Rattlor in the first place. That doesn´t make any sense
    It´s not the Rattlor armor.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Let's just say I do not think the NY Toy Fair announcement is a POP Mini-Sub.

Filmation/Jetlag? Maybe.
    A Filmation/ Jetlag mini sub would be so cool!

They could keep the vintage POP (Castaspella, Angella, Glimmer, Mermista, Kowl mainly) for the main sub and give Scorpia, SeaHawk or Madame Razz for a Filmation mini sub...

More POP, more NA, more Filmation for 2013-2014 please!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Tufos..

An image of a barbarian smurf (pitufos in spanish) keeps popping up in my mind..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Meh....

They've screwed up a LOT of figures... and i like to think that it's an 'apology' for ALL of them

Snout Spout, King Hiss, Roboto, Green Goddess... All 'Vintage' characters... well, at least 'MOTU' characters soooo if they have a cool accessory in mind that goes with some OTHER character, I don't think the PoP fans should be TOOOOO bent out of shape on it. Rattlor armor, Filmation sword... SOMETHING awesome is better than NOTHING
    But MOTU already gets so much as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    A Filmation/ Jetlag mini sub would be so cool!
    They could keep the vintage POP (Castaspella, Angella, Glimmer, Mermista, Kowl mainly) for the main sub and give Scorpia, SeaHawk or Madame Razz for a Filmation mini sub...
    This ! I'm still a bit confused about characters like scorpia or shadow weaver being considered as part of the vintage pop line; they're not Scott ! I mean, they're fundamental to the mythos and motu fans will be very pleased to accept a motuc version for these figures (no question about it), so they mainly belong to the FILMATION cartoon and as such they should be treated in a separate manner, maybe even with a dedicated mini sub !

We're 5 years in the line and I'm still looking around thinking of the potential for a lot of characters to be included in motuc, we have filmation, jet lag, mini comics, 200x era, dc comics 2012, what else ? and I'm not counting all the playsets and potential vehicles to be produced afte the success of the pre-order system
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar

I think of there was a sub of the following:

Glimmer
    Sea Hawk
    Angella
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Scorpia
    Sweet Bee
    Wow! Throw in the following and I'd sign up!

Castaspella
    Peekablue
    Mermista
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    I'll be happy with anything, but I think this should be a 'targeted' apology item. Something that makes sense to appease the POP collectorbase more perturbed by the backwards arms. I might be spacing out here, but wasn't there discussion that a repaint of Bubble Power She-Ra's sword was due? I'd think it needs to be something like that, that the folks truly disappointed with Frosta can enjoy.
    The thing is the free gift is targeted to every MOTUC subscriber, while it is to make up for the Frosta assembly error I don't think it should be shoehorned into just looking at POP type items. And with what Ghostbuster fans are getting for their cancelled subscription I would be somewhat disappointed with a sword or spear.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Meh....

The fact that other errors have occured previous to Frosta is probably the reason the free gift is being offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    But MOTU already gets so much as it is.
    But it's all MOTUC? And compared to what? Vintage gets more than other previous lines but it's also had more figures and items and I'd gather the most popular part of Classics. But compared to other lines Classics has much less, and I also understand why it isn't sold at retail and the numbers produced are far less.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    I'm still a bit confused about characters like scorpia or shadow weaver being considered as part of the vintage pop line; they're not Scott ! I mean, they're fundamental to the mythos and motu fans will be very pleased to accept a motuc version for these figures (no question about it), so they mainly belong to the FILMATION cartoon and as such they should be treated in a separate manner, maybe even with a dedicated mini sub !
    I'm not 100% sure if this is sarcasm or not... There's been so many debates that it's hard to tell sometimes

Scott has never claimed that they were vintage PoP toyline... he's claimed they are 'PoP'. And that is a fact... MOTUC has always leaned more toward 'filmation' then it did 'PoP Toyline'. At the time of She-ra and Adora... They called it 'Style guide' but it was the same thing. Even WITHOUT the styleguide... there was talk about 4H 'redesigning' the PoP away from the lace and ribbons and into a more cohesive look with the 'How they'd be made in the 80's if they were all the same line'

The problem claiming something as 'vintage' PoP.... is that VINTAGE is all PoP has!!! There is no 200x, no Movie version... and Filmation is what the majority of PoP fans liked. He-man and She-ra fighting the horde with the rebellian... and not 'She-ra and friends stopping catra from ruinning thier picnic...'

Claiming that Shadow Weaver and Octavia are not 'classic PoP'.... means that Neither is SHe-ra, Bow, or Catra... add in Adora... Even the star Sisters... NOBODY has gotten their 'vintage toy' look.

As such... I would HATE to see MORE factions show up. Filmation.... Jetlag.... these are not 'factions', and I don't want them to get a 'specific' sub just for them... It kind of marginallizes their importance. Madam razz, Broom, shadow Weaver, Scorpia... they are all legitimate characters that already HAVE teams they are associated with.

Now... I COULD see a PoP line with the 'It's dying, lets fill the lineup a bit' mentality.... but honestly, if the line was dying I don't think we would have the castle offered... and if it was offered, I don't think we would have MADE it...

Sooooo I think we have a couple good years left right now As long as they DITCH these prototype/concept figures and stick with the 'core' characters that they promised, the lines should be looking much better.