Thread: What is the origin of this He-Man footage?

Widget

What is the origin of this He-Man footage?

Hello,

I have some old He-Man and the Masters of the Universe VHS tapes released back in the day in my country, but on a couple of the tapes the openings / endings on some of the episodes are different from the standard episodes found on the official DVD box sets.

For example, the episode "Teela's Quest" starts out with a spoken intro by Sorceress, and some additional animation. I digitized a short excerpt of this segment for you to see what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0p4cZjX-0
    The episode also ends differently with additional animation not found in the regular episode on the official DVDs.

Can someone tell me where these different openings / endings origin from, and why are they not on the official box sets? Are these different openings / endings available anywhere at all, on any official DVD?

Thank you for reading and hope someone can explain about this footage I'm asking about.

There is a section about it in the cartoon guide at the end of the book.
    Is not not licking toads

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    It is from "The Greatest Adventures of All" VHS.

Widget
    Thank you for your replies. So, after further reading, I have learned that this footage was never acquired or licensed for DVD releases, that's a shame.
    Anyways, thanks answering my question.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by krs1979junk View Post
    Thank you for your replies. So, after further reading, I have learned that this footage was never acquired or licensed for DVD releases, that's a shame.
    Anyways, thanks answering my question.
    When Hallmark digitized the Filmation He-Man and She-Ra material in the 90s - they did it for episodes themselves. Not for any additional collected specials ("The Greatest Adventures of All" or "Skeletor's Revenge")or commercial bumpers.

So when BCI was making the DVDs, they couldn't use material that wasn't provided by Entertainment Rights (who received them as-is from Hallmark as I recall).

Later fortunately I think they did manage to include the "I have the Power" music video on the DVDs.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

https://youtu.be/G17zZP6GR7E
    That is a great way to tie the episodes together. Verrrrrrry cooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

https://youtu.be/G17zZP6GR7E
    In better quality: